ParkFans Logo

Immersive Sesame Street Land Coming in 2019

Orlando Weekly Wrote:SeaWorld Orlando announced this morning that Sesame Street land will open in spring 2019.

The new immersive land will feature many familiar Sesame Street details, like Mr. Hooper’s store, Big Bird’s nest and the famous 123 stoop, as well as wandering characters such as Big Bird, Elmo and Cookie Monster. SeaWorld also noted that the area will feature both wet and dry play areas for all ages.

To top it off, for the first time ever, the park will also feature daily parades featuring Sesame Street characters and dancers.

"We are excited to transport our guests into the colorful and creative world of Sesame Street through immersive theming, character interactions and interactive play," said SeaWorld Orlando President Jim Dean in a press release. "Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando is an amazing addition to our park, providing more unique and memorable experiences for the entire family."

Construction is already underway for the new land, which will be located at the south end of the park, where Shamu's Happy Harbor currently stands.

Source - Orlando Weekly

Find Busch Dominion:
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  Connor, Lord Robert, tursiops, Nicole
05/02/18 at 08:37pm in Immersive Sesame Street Land Coming in 2019 (Latest Edit: 05/03/18 at 08:20am by Nicole.)
It was announced in the 18 May press release:

“The agreement also makes it possible for Sesame Street characters to continue to appear at the existing distinct Sesame Street lands inside the company’s two Busch Gardens theme parks and SeaWorld theme parks in San Diego and San Antonio, as well as a new Sesame Street land to be built in SeaWorld Orlando by fall 2022.”

It looks as if they are trying to open it sooner than originally indicated, however.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Connor, Lord Robert, Zachary
Interesting they are jumping the schedule so much. I wonder if the second park willbe announced soon too? I hope they don't rush the job so much it doesn't turn out well. That's a quick turn.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, horsesboy
And it looks like a tourism site in florida got their hands on the site plans and even did a nice overlay on Google maps: http://touringcentralflorida.com/2018/02...d-orlando/

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  b.mac, tursiops, Zachary, horsesboy
(05/03/18 11:10pm)Shane Wrote:  And it looks like a tourism site in florida got their hands on the site plans and even did a nice overlay on Google maps: http://touringcentralflorida.com/2018/02...d-orlando/

That's Bill, from our old BGTFans days.
Thanks given by:  Shane, Connor, tursiops, Zachary, horsesboy
I had no idea! Still doing great work I see.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  tursiops, Zachary, horsesboy

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |