ParkFans Logo

Project - 2019 (?)

04/17/18 at 06:13pm in Project - 2019 (?)
Kennywood is a weird park. Kennywood's latest announcements and rumors for the past couple of years have been even weirder.

Rumored to be one of the parks on RMC's list for 2018 to receive a major coaster as early as mid-2016, the facts and rumors have twisted to the point of reality being warped for the park and anyone following along with the discussions. In 2017, leaked images showed a proposed layout for a coaster occupying the hillside they purchased a few years prior.

ImageImage

They also announced the removal of their famous Log Jammer, the only Log Flume left in the world with a gravity hill. As late 2017 rolled around, rumors surfaced that Kennywood would not be able to build the RMC in the proposed spot due to ground quality issues on the hillside. Another rumor followed around the same time that Kennywood couldn't afford an RMC addition, and instead was looking at other manufacturers with Premier being at the top of the list.

The rumor mill for their next addition has been a roller coaster ride in and of itself, and Kennywood is aware of how closely people have followed them. For their pre-season enthusiast tour, they teased ACE members with a power point slide stating "what's not next" pictured below:

Conveniently, they left out RMC's 4th offering of Topper Track. RMC does not advertise Topper Track as a "hybrid" coaster, and instead states they are wooden coasters. So RMC is still on the table, according to some. Also contrary to the rumors of the hillside being unusable, Kennywood is clearing land where the Log Jammer once stood in a similar spot to where the first proposed RMC layout was supposed to go on Instagram.

Kennywood has also previously stated they planned on bringing back the Turnpike, which was removed for the addition of Sky Rocket in 2009. So who knows where the next bit of rumors and facts will lead.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary, Unagi, Joe, John
04/17/18 at 08:14pm in Project - 2019 (?) (Latest Edit: 04/17/18 at 08:14pm by Unagi.)
May God help them if they're getting an RMC Raptor considering the amount of issues and problems going on with Wonder Woman at SFFT right now.
04/17/18 at 08:33pm in Project - 2019 (?)
(04/17/18 08:14pm)Unagi Wrote:  May God help them if they're getting an RMC Raptor considering the amount of issues and problems going on with Wonder Woman at SFFT right now.

I'm fairly certain that the issues with Wonder Woman are blown way out of proportion due to construction delaying the opening of the ride, especially because they were supposed to have an ACE event prior to the ride officially opening which has been delayed indefinitely. RMC in my opinion stretched themselves too thin with having to build 5 different rides in different parts of the country, especially since they recently expanded their factory to permit it. Either way Kennywood has listed a Raptor as one of the attractions they're not getting, same with T-Rex and Hybrid.
Thanks given by:  Joe, Zachary, Connor
04/17/18 at 08:45pm in Project - 2019 (?)
(04/17/18 08:33pm)b.mac Wrote:  I'm fairly certain that the issues with Wonder Woman are blown way out of proportion due to construction delaying the opening of the ride, especially because they were supposed to have an ACE event prior to the ride officially opening which has been delayed indefinitely.

Trust me, they're not. I know someone working on the ride and it's a hot mess!
Thanks given by:  b.mac, Zachary, Connor, Zimmy, MAZ, John
04/28/18 at 05:34pm in Project - 2019 (?) (Latest Edit: 04/28/18 at 05:35pm by b.mac.)
The Thick Plotens...

I don't know about you guys, but those footers seem awfully spaced out to be RMC.
Thanks given by:  Connor, jonn804, Zachary, superfomi
05/14/18 at 12:17pm in Project - 2019 (?)
Don't freak out. I'm just as confused as you are.

These are the locations of all the footers and stakes that have been placed around the area so far this year, and they are color coded based on what the stakes say or the color of the marker flag.

My guess is anything that isn't blue is not super important to Project 2019. As they are likely telephone lines, sewer, electrical cable, and other infrastructure goodstuffs. Unless Kennywood is interested in making a Jaguar recreation, of course...
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Connor, Joe

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |