ParkFans Logo

Improved Cell Phone Reception inside the park this year!

Yesterday I visited the park for the first time this season. It was a very busy day for the park given the beautiful weather and the fact that the park hosted a large group of high school band members. I was very pleasantly surprised to see that my Verizon iPhone had very strong coverage in areas like the Festhaus and inside the new Battle for Eire ride where I had very little coverage before. I saw on top of the Marco Polo restaurant in Italy where new small cell antennas added. I assume they were added in other areas of the park as well over the offseason. Anyone that has been to the park on a busy night probably has had issues with cell reception due to capacity issues, regardless of which carrier you subscribe to.

Very happy to see that the park addressed this issue and worked with wireless providers to add this equipment inside the park!
Thanks given by:  deacfan31, CastleOSullivan, Nicole, Zachary, warfelg, horsesboy
If only they did a KD and had park wide free WiFi. Maybe they could start it as a member perk pilot program.
Thanks given by:  phurst
I can't use the WiFi at KD, because the pop-up ads make browsing too frustrating.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan, warfelg, phurst
Still, I do enjoy the free WiFi on non-browser apps such as Messenger, since there are no pop-up ads. It's really frustrating to not be able to contact friends and family at Busch because Messenger can't connect to the Internet.

Find Busch Dominion:
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  warfelg, Zachary
It was always so frustrating not having any service in the EITA building, I definitely noticed the improvement when i rode BfE!

@captain.prism on instagram
Thanks given by:  Lord Robert
04/15/18 at 10:15pm in Improved Cell Phone Reception inside the park this year! (Latest Edit: 04/16/18 at 08:32am by Nicole.)
I will say that I had great coverage all day today at BGW, including inside the BfE building. I agree that the service has improved noticeably.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Lord Robert
Hurrah for better reception! Grinning

"Not pet. Wingman."
I will be currious to see how well it works on packed days that is when I usually have problems.
Thanks given by:  Nicole
(04/16/18 01:50am)horsesboy Wrote:  I will be currious to see how well it works on packed days that is when I usually have problems.
I would say Saturday was a high numbers day with a large majority or high school aged kids who are heavy social media app users. Speed tests in the Ireland, England and FoF were in the good range. I also had good connections inside the Festhaus since the beginning of the season.
I also have had excellent use of wifi at KD this season, again inside the park im almost exclusively using apps but did check in here a could times on various days through the web browser and not once have I seen a pop up.
Thanks given by:  Nicole
04/16/18 at 07:08pm in Improved Cell Phone Reception inside the park this year! (Latest Edit: 04/16/18 at 07:09pm by kingadam.)
Glad to see they have done something to improve the cell reception in the park - it was god awful in some spots before.  It is likely that the boost in cell service is from the project they filed for last July.

Quote: DAS - Distributed Antenna System Ref: C-0008-2017, SUP-0022-2003. Proposal is for the installation of DAS antennas network at locations around the park (on rooftops and in enclosures) and addition of central HUB shelter to administration of park property
Source: JCC CaseTrak
Thanks given by:  Nicole, rvadude85
I believe one is on top of the arcade in Germany and I bet the reason for the addition to the gift shop roof in front of Josephines Ice Cream is to hide the small site.
This is encouraging to hear. The cell service at Busch was always a bit frustrating, especially if you needed the internet for anything, and that lack of service served to drain batteries faster as well. Looking forward to seeing how it is in my next trip in a few weeks.
Thanks given by:  Zachary, horsesboy

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |