ParkFans Logo

Locker Policies

04/14/18 at 09:02am in Locker Policies (Latest Edit: 04/14/18 at 06:54pm by Nicole.)
I was pleasantly surprised to find that Disney offers free lockers at the Kali River Attraction. You got 2 hours of free lockers rental. They are very similar to the new BGW style lockers so I was familiar with the process. With all of the extra fees that Disney has been adding recently, it was nice to find this freebie while visiting over spring break. Seems like something other parks could easily implement if they wanted since they appear to be using the same style of lockers.
Thanks given by:  Nicole
04/14/18 at 10:41am in Locker Policies
USO/IoA give you the first time hours for free, as well.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
04/14/18 at 06:57pm in Locker Policies
I have renamed and moved this thread to the Industry Discussion board.

There seem to be a lot of cross-chain comparisons on this topic, so it made sense to have a single thread to discuss all of the systems.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Unagi
04/14/18 at 07:38pm in Locker Policies (Latest Edit: 04/14/18 at 08:07pm by Unagi.)
(04/14/18 09:02am)jpcommons Wrote:  I was pleasantly surprised to find that Disney offers free lockers at the Kali River Attraction.  You got 2 hours of free lockers rental.  They are very similar to the new BGW style lockers so I was familiar with the process.  With all of the extra fees that Disney has been adding recently, it was nice to find this freebie while visiting over spring break.  Seems like something other parks could easily implement if they wanted since they appear to be using the same style of lockers.

Lockers located near rides aren't common at the WDW parks because all of the attractions except Kali River Rapids allow you to carry your bag/backpacks with you. So they won't charge locker use for one ride on the entire property.

The WDW resort does have paid lockers you can use that are usually located near the entrance of each park.

And as Nicole said, the Universal Orlando parks have them too. However the time limit depends on the actual standby time. So if you wanna ride Forbidden Journey at IOA and the standby wait is 2 hours, your time limit will include that entire wait time plus another cushion of 10-15 minutes to retrieve your belongings after your ride ends.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary
04/14/18 at 08:54pm in Locker Policies
I was pleasantly surprised by Universal's freeby policy as well, though I thouht it was a bot odd that your pass was used to unlock the locker, as I wanted to leave all of my stuff in it if they're going to make me use it. Since we had to use full sized pieces of paper for each pass, carrying around 4 of them was not the least bulky thing I carried around. I'm not sure what the alternative is, but if I'm going to put stuff in a locker, I want to put ALL my stuff in a locker.
Thanks given by:  Zachary

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |