ParkFans Logo

New Entertainment Building Behind RPT

04/02/18 at 03:14pm in New Entertainment Building Behind RPT (Latest Edit: 04/04/18 at 02:31pm by Nicole.)
Some more activity at James City County Planning Department.
A permit has been submitted on 3-29-2018 for a special use permit to build a 15,500 s.f. event building.

The link is here: http://first.jamescitycountyva.gov/CaseT...seid=66838
Thanks given by:  Nicole, luseendesi, warfelg, Alf33, Zachary, Merboy, Zimmy, UnicornZiva, Jesy, jornor, Connor, CastleOSullivan, tursiops, BBW
04/02/18 at 03:29pm in New Entertainment Building Behind RPT
(04/02/18 03:14pm)Celticdog Wrote:  Some more activity at James City County Planning Department.
A permit has been submitted on 3-29-2018 for a special use permit to build a 15,500 s.f. event building.

I am guessing that it really is renovating DK but I could be wrong.
Thanks given by:  luseendesi, jornor
04/02/18 at 03:31pm in New Entertainment Building Behind RPT
(04/02/18 03:14pm)Celticdog Wrote:  Some more activity at James City County Planning Department.

Something interesting here. JCC Defines M-1 zoning (which they labled this building):
Quote:The primary purpose of the Limited Business/Industrial District, M-1, is to establish an area where the principal use of land is for limited business/industrial operations which are not ordinarily compatible with adjacent residential development. The specific intent of this district is to accomplish the following:

(1) Encourage the use of land for limited business and industrial purposes; (2) Prohibit residential developments on land reserved for limited business and industrial uses; (3) Permit certain commercial and office uses in a manner which is compatible with limited business and industrial uses; and (4) Establish minimum requirements to protect the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of James City County from the effects or impacts commonly associated with the development of limited business and industrial uses.

I'm not sure what the rest of the park is zoned, but it seems as though this is something that would be sales+backstage.

For size reference, 15,500 sq ft is about half the size of Festhaus. A hair smaller than the entry and ride area of BfE. Roughly the same footprint of EfP's event building.
Thanks given by:  Zachary, jornor, Alf33, CastleOSullivan
04/02/18 at 04:11pm in New Entertainment Building Behind RPT
What might "build" mean in the context of that application?

"Build" = Build
"Build" = Renovate?
"Build" = Repurpose?
"Build"  = Change out internal systems but keep building structure mostly unchanged?

Knowing that much would help to narrow down the possibilities...
Thanks given by:  Zachary
04/02/18 at 04:32pm in New Entertainment Building Behind RPT (Latest Edit: 04/02/18 at 04:36pm by warfelg.)
(04/02/18 04:11pm)halfabee Wrote:  What might "build" mean in the context of that application?

"Build" = Build
"Build" = Renovate?
"Build" = Repurpose?
"Build"  = Change out internal systems but keep building structure mostly unchanged?

Knowing that much would help to narrow down the possibilities...

New construction. JCC provides a glossary of terms, and build is new construction. They would be pulling a permit under renovations with more defined work if they were working on an existing structure.

Additionally, after looking and using google earth to measure: There's nothing currently on BGW's property of that size.
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Nicole, Alf33, horsesboy, halfabee, Zimmy, Jesy, jornor, Peej1212, jonfin826
04/02/18 at 04:40pm in New Entertainment Building Behind RPT
Huge thanks for the heads-up Celticdog!

Just so everyone knows, I've already contacted JCC's Planning Department to get more information about this project. Hopefully we'll know more by tomorrow.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  luseendesi, warfelg, Lord Robert, VACoasterFan, Nicole, Alf33, Merboy, horsesboy, Celticdog, deacfan31, MAZ, UnicornZiva, Jesy, jornor
04/02/18 at 05:02pm in New Entertainment Building Behind RPT
Calling it now. The infamous passmember lounge. 500 lie down massaging recliners with an open bar. Instant increase in park attendence!!!!
Thanks given by:  Thomas, Nicole, Merboy, horsesboy, MAZ, Peej1212, phurst, jornor, Connor, BBW
04/02/18 at 05:16pm in New Entertainment Building Behind RPT
Personally what I find interesting is there's no GPS tag for the location. Very open ended. This might be a pre-agreed upon thing with JCC though to keep future attractions on the hush with location.

Tried to find other attractions that were about the same size, came up with Boo Blasters at KD, Action Theater at Carowinds, Laff Track and Reece's Xtreme Cup Challenge at HP.
Thanks given by:  Thomas, Zachary, Joe, Lord Robert, Nicole, Alf33, Jesy, jornor, jonfin826
04/02/18 at 07:34pm in New Entertainment Building Behind RPT
It I were to guess with the little information we have, I might suggest it might be a new event building for special events. I suggest it because the park could be losing the locations for Lumberhacked and Unearthed this year. I'm not sure the park wants to lose two mazes without replacements in one year.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary, Merboy, horsesboy, deacfan31, Peej1212, sereniv, Joe, jornor, CastleOSullivan, jonfin826
04/02/18 at 09:43pm in New Entertainment Building Behind RPT (Latest Edit: 04/02/18 at 09:45pm by WDWRLD.)
Black Forrest replacement?

(04/02/18 05:16pm)warfelg Wrote:  Personally what I find interesting is there's no GPS tag for the location.  Very open ended.  This might be a pre-agreed upon thing with JCC though to keep future attractions on the hush with location.

Tried to find other attractions that were about the same size, came up with Boo Blasters at KD, Action Theater at Carowinds, Laff Track and Reece's Xtreme Cup Challenge at HP.
I would personally like a good version of Boo Blasters or Extreme Cup. Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin is a favorite...must get 999999 on both guns every ride!
Thanks given by:  jornor, DJTLG
04/03/18 at 08:21am in New Entertainment Building Behind RPT
A dark ride to fill the DarKastle void would be fantastic. That definitely felt missing from my day Sunday and I highly doubt BfE will be a sufficient supplement. BGW is the type of park you expect to have a great dark ride somewhere.
Thanks given by:  Peej1212, Ryan, jornor
04/03/18 at 11:22am in New Entertainment Building Behind RPT
I think it will be for Howl-O-Scream. Just guessing.

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Peej1212, sereniv, Joe, jornor, Connor, BGWScream, jonfin826
04/03/18 at 01:02pm in New Entertainment Building Behind RPT
(04/03/18 11:22am)Thomas Wrote:  I think it will be for Howl-O-Scream. Just guessing.

That would be interesting.

"Its as much fun to scare as it is to be scared."--Vincent Price..

Sammi
Thanks given by:  jornor
04/03/18 at 02:55pm in New Entertainment Building Behind RPT
Dark Flyer CONFIRMED!

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
04/04/18 at 12:06pm in New Entertainment Building Behind RPT (Latest Edit: 04/04/18 at 12:06pm by Zachary.)
Sorry about the delay. I had hoped to get this up yesterday afternoon but I'm afraid I may be coming down with something... Frowning

Anyway... about that permit.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  deacfan31, Bring Back Questor 87, Merboy, BGW Family, Nicole, Peej1212, Celticdog, Lolers, Connor, BGWScream, Alf33, Joe, CastleOSullivan, tursiops, jornor, jonfin826, overama, VikingvadR

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |