ParkFans Logo

[April Fools 2018] ParkFans Rev 3

04/01/18 at 12:21am in [April Fools 2018] ParkFans Rev 3 (Latest Edit: 04/02/18 at 12:10am by Zachary.)
Welcome to the new ParkFans Forum!

As Zachary revealed earlier this winter, he and Gavin have been hard at work developing a new site. I am happy to report that they are finally done, and we can reveal the fruits of their labor.

I invite everyone to take a moment to look around, and (hopefully) admire the cleaner look of Rev 3. We all agreed that the colors and graphics were outdated and cluttered, so we stripped them out. We are confident that no one should have any trouble coding things like links and quotes themselves, so we removed all of the buttons. Just in case, the How To Embed Almost Anything Into a Post thread is still available as a handy cheet sheet.

The hope is that in addition to looking much better, the Forum will also load faster, and work better on mobile devices.

All of that said, we acknowledge that there might be a few graphics that members find particularly useful. So, in addition to other feedback, please feel free to nominate specific icons, buttons, etc to be added back onto the site.

Additionally, there were a few graphics that we were not yet able to remove. We have been busy with all of the new attractions, but once Sesame Place was taken care of, we finally had enough time to get it good enough to share. We promise we are working to eliminate those last bits of bloat.

We really hope everyone is as excited as we!

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Gavin, Luke, UncleDuncan, Zimmy, CoasterChase, Eric, Franco, Connor, horsesboy, MAZ, netdvn, CastleOSullivan, Joe, John, Lord Robert, jonn804, Kyle, MadridBot, Merboy
04/01/18 at 12:52am in [April Fools 2018] ParkFans Rev 3
Looks great!!
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Nicole, Joe
04/01/18 at 01:25am in [April Fools 2018] ParkFans Rev 3
Very streamlined.

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Nicole, Joe
04/01/18 at 01:26am in [April Fools 2018] ParkFans Rev 3
I love it! Simple. Understated. Like a good boxed wine, or a well put together Whopper Jr.

A ParkFans Advisor for the people!
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Nicole, Franco, Joe, Peej1212, CastleOSullivan
04/01/18 at 01:31am in [April Fools 2018] ParkFans Rev 3 (Latest Edit: 04/01/18 at 01:32am by Zimmy.)
This will be so much easier without all the font and color options!
I am also thrilled that all the silly avatars and such are gone.

I think it would be a good idea to remove signatures too. This will run much more smoothly over ANSI 2400 baud now!

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Nicole, horsesboy, Joe, John
04/01/18 at 07:22am in [April Fools 2018] ParkFans Rev 3
For a second I thought Comcast started charging for color.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary, horsesboy, netdvn, John, Zimmy, Peej1212, CastleOSullivan
04/01/18 at 08:13am in [April Fools 2018] ParkFans Rev 3
Looks like nothing, except slightly textier.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary
04/01/18 at 08:14am in [April Fools 2018] ParkFans Rev 3
While I admit that there's a certain elegance to the B&W look, perhaps like a black tie affair, I can't help but feel that something is missing. I'm sure you guys will continue to tinker and make Rev 3 all that it's cracked up to be, but it is a bit bland. Maybe I'm just missing the splash of color from my KD avatar...

Google+ | FacebookTwitter
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary
04/01/18 at 08:50am in [April Fools 2018] ParkFans Rev 3
I'm not sure I like it. Seems like all of the character it had is now gone. But if it helps the performance of the site, I reckon that takes precedence here. Thanks for your endless efforts to keep this site going guys! You rock!

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Franco, Zachary, UncleDuncan, Nicole, CaptainPrism, John, Merboy, Zimmy, Peej1212
04/01/18 at 09:26am in [April Fools 2018] ParkFans Rev 3 (Latest Edit: 04/01/18 at 09:27am by Zachary.)
As a temporary solution, you can go here and select Rev II for board style. That said, once all the bugs in Rev III are ironed out, this option will be removed.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  CaptainPrism, Nicole, John, CastleOSullivan
04/01/18 at 10:33am in [April Fools 2018] ParkFans Rev 3
Hands down the most progressive move in online communications since AIM.

All hail our great leaders and all that they provide for those who are not worthy!
Thanks given by:  Nicole, gazisghost, Joe, Zachary, Zimmy
04/01/18 at 03:13pm in [April Fools 2018] ParkFans Rev 3
Ugh. It’s so bland!

.:"I have some skeletons in my closet. Hamsters mostly. I don't know why I keep them.":.
04/01/18 at 03:33pm in [April Fools 2018] ParkFans Rev 3
It's like I'm reading a newspaper. Very retro and classic.

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  Nicole, gazisghost, Joe, Zachary, John
04/01/18 at 03:40pm in [April Fools 2018] ParkFans Rev 3
(04/01/18 03:33pm)Thomas Wrote:  It's like I'm reading a newspaper. Very retro and classic.

I'm happy there's finally a web page compatible with my e-ink display.
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Nicole, Connor, gazisghost, Joe, Zimmy, John
04/01/18 at 07:03pm in [April Fools 2018] ParkFans Rev 3
Short of yellow text on a dark gray background, this is the most visually appealing design I could ever dream of. I particularly relish the streamlined new ParkFans logo; its modern style reminds me of the Google logo switch from a few years ago.

Frankly, I want to do whatever I can to support this new version and its creators, so it's a shame the Donate button didn't survive the upgrade.

Find Busch Dominion:
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary, Thomas, John

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |