ParkFans Logo

ACE - American Coaster Enthusiasts

02/06/18 at 10:21am in ACE - American Coaster Enthusiasts
Last week, Behind the Thrills published an editorial on the motivations behind the renaming of Kings Dominion's 43 year old racing wooden roller coaster Rebel Yell to rACEr75. While the main topic of the article is how the name change was politically and racially motivated, they briefly discuss the founding of ACE and how Kings Dominion is seemingly taking credit for the founding of the organization when it was in fact founded 40 years ago after an event at Busch Gardens Williamsburg honoring the opening of the record breaking The Loch Ness Monster.

Behind the Thrills Wrote:And if you want to get technical (and enthusiasts are all about technical) the people who started ACE, Roy Brashears, Paul Greenwald, and Richard Munch, met at Kings Dominion during a promo event for the movie Rollercoaster. The promo was held on Rebel Yell in 1977.

The next year, in 1978 a roller coaster event was held at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. It was after THAT event that ACE was officially founded. So while it’s fair to say that Kings Dominion and Rebel Yell played part in the forming of ACE, it’s Busch Gardens who deserves the credit for the true origins.

I think their is additional evidence to support this when you look at ACE's unending love for all thing's Arrow Dynamics.

Despite what ever Kings Dominions motivations are for the renaming of Rebel Yell, lets all take a moment to celebrate the 40th year of American Coaster Enthusiasts and the coaster that started it all, The Loch Ness Mon... errr I mean rACEr75...

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  horsesboy, CastleOSullivan, RollyCoaster
02/07/18 at 05:40pm in ACE - American Coaster Enthusiasts
I have been meaning to ask about that.

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  Shane
03/19/18 at 11:58am in ACE - American Coaster Enthusiasts
Coaster Con registration is live! Anyone else registered??

Life is like a roller coaster, It might be scary, but in the end you want to do it again.
Thanks given by:  Kyle
03/19/18 at 12:04pm in ACE - American Coaster Enthusiasts
(03/19/18 11:58am)luseendesi Wrote:  Coaster Con registration is live! Anyone else registered??
I am! Can't wait to see you there again!
Thanks given by:  luseendesi
03/19/18 at 12:31pm in ACE - American Coaster Enthusiasts
I'll be there! Happy to meet up with any other ParkFans & ACE members in attendance!

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  luseendesi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |