ParkFans Logo

2018 Food & Wine Festival

02/05/18 at 01:42pm in 2018 Food & Wine Festival (Latest Edit: 02/05/18 at 03:01pm by Zachary.)
Busch Gardens Williamsburg's 2018 Food & Wine Festival will run on select dates in May through July. Expect some new kiosks like always.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  MAZ, jornor, tursiops, deacfan31, Connor
02/23/18 at 05:48pm in 2018 Food & Wine Festival (Latest Edit: 02/23/18 at 05:49pm by Alf33.)
The parks website is now showing that the F&FW dates will be May 25 - July 1 and run on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays. It has this on the webpage "All-new menus, kiosks and specialties coming your way soon, stay tuned."
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary, Merboy, Connor, Jesy, jornor
03/13/18 at 03:21pm in 2018 Food & Wine Festival
New for Food and Wine Festival 2018: Cuba, Brazil, and South Korea!

https://instagram.com/p/BgRWh7XATt-/

Find Me: Twitter | SoundCloud | YouTube
Contact Me: Private Message | Email
"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Nicole, Luke, Merboy, deacfan31, jornor
03/13/18 at 04:21pm in 2018 Food & Wine Festival (Latest Edit: 03/13/18 at 05:16pm by Nicole.)
From today's press release:

BGW Marketing Wrote:Food & Wine Festival- May 25 – July 1: the multi-cultural culinary experience grows to give guests a wider selection of worldly cuisines. New savory tastes will include Brazil, Cuba, South Korea and Japan.

Food & Wine Festival Concerts - big name concert acts also will take the stage on select weekends during Food & Wine Festival. Country music sensation Scotty McCreery performs June 9 and pop music star, Andy Grammer, appears on June 30. There’s more to come on other must-see musical acts this year. Concerts will be held in the park’s Royal Palace Theatre and are included with park admission.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Merboy, Zachary, jornor
03/13/18 at 06:41pm in 2018 Food & Wine Festival
I'm glad there are more concerts to come. To go from 8 to 2 would have been dissapointing. I wll probably upgrade to the new membership anyway but a good concert will get me to do so quicker.

It is weird that they are calling them food and wine concerts though. There are only 6 weekends during Food and wine so guess we can expect on 6 concerts?
Thanks given by:  jornor, Peej1212
03/13/18 at 07:11pm in 2018 Food & Wine Festival (Latest Edit: 03/13/18 at 07:26pm by Merboy.)
I feel like Busch in general is really gearing up for a great season. Battle for Eire, Food and Wine, concerts, Project Madrid, shows... I think this is really coming together. Well done, Busch. I can't wait!

The Lantern Light.com
Thanks given by:  deacfan31, Peej1212, jornor, BBW
03/16/18 at 03:35am in 2018 Food & Wine Festival
Hoping for some solid artists for the concerts!
03/20/18 at 02:08pm in 2018 Food & Wine Festival
I think Sea World and BG both have done a good job at getting better acts to come to the park. It's been tough with the whole Blackfish stigma.

I'm pretty pumped for the new additions at F&W this year and love how this event has grown and taken off for the BGW.

"If someone says to you, take care of something, that means light it on fire right?" - Rafi
Thanks given by:  jornor
03/28/18 at 06:15am in 2018 Food & Wine Festival
I can't believe the German booth is gone. I normally get 2 or more of the samplers with the German booth being the major reason. Looking at the menu now i don't see that happening. The schnitzel sandwich was a reason to come to the park in Friday nights!
Thanks given by:  Flyer, Peej1212, jornor
03/28/18 at 12:42pm in 2018 Food & Wine Festival
They got rid of Germany AND Canada?!?!?!?!? Since Scotland went away, they've now rid me of the 3 booths I went for specifically. Why the hell do I want Virginia ham? I am bummed.
04/02/18 at 01:26pm in 2018 Food & Wine Festival
(03/28/18 12:42pm)mrsdecember Wrote:  They got rid of Germany AND Canada?!?!?!?!?  
Maybe they had the ideas that since you can get German food in the park already they didn't need the German stand this year? Idk from what i read on here it was a really popular booth so i cant see the reason behind taking it out. But I've never been to F&W before so maybe someone who knows more about it may have a better idea/ theory about why.

"Its as much fun to scare as it is to be scared."--Vincent Price..

Sammi
04/02/18 at 01:39pm in 2018 Food & Wine Festival
They have a history of rotating booths out, and bringing in new cuisines, which I support. Germany and Canada have both been around from the beginning, so it isn't very surprising to me that they decided to replace them.

Also, for what it is worth, the BGWFans tasting team didn't love either booth last year. In fact, those booths ranked lowest overall for us.

You can check out detailed scores and comments in our other F&WF article, as well.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Peej1212, Zachary, jornor, Connor, deacfan31
04/02/18 at 01:47pm in 2018 Food & Wine Festival
(04/02/18 01:39pm)Nicole Wrote:  They have a history of rotating booths out, and bringing in new cuisines, which I support.  Germany and Canada have both been around from the beginning, so it isn't very surprising to me that they decided to replace them.

Also, for what it is worth, the BGWFans tasting team didn't love either booth last year.  In fact, those booths ranked lowest overall for us.

You can check out detailed scores and comments in our other F&WF article, as well.
Oh ok makes sense than, and the rotating them does make sense. About how many booths do they have at the festival normally Nicole? I havent read up on the reviews from last year so that would have probably helped in forming my response lol.

"Its as much fun to scare as it is to be scared."--Vincent Price..

Sammi
Thanks given by:  Nicole, jornor
04/02/18 at 02:06pm in 2018 Food & Wine Festival
We plan to publish another two-part comprehensive review this year, but I think (hope) previous articles will be of use, as well.

Regardless, to answer your specific question, last year there were 14 booths plus the frozen drink stand. This year, it appears they have added a booth, and removed Asia, Canada, and Germany. I actually think they split "Asia" into "Japan" and "Korea:"

- American Southwest
- Brazil (new)
- Caribbean
- Crepes and Coffee
- Cuba (new)
- French Quarter
- Hawaii
- India
- Ireland
- Island Freeze
- Italy
- Japan (new)
- Mediterranean
- South Korea (new)
- Spain
- Virginia

Thanks given by:  Peej1212, Zachary, Alf33, deacfan31, jornor, Connor, VikingvadR
04/02/18 at 02:52pm in 2018 Food & Wine Festival
Coincidentally, my troupe never visited Canada or Germany last year. The four of us usually hit all of them, but I just checked and none of us hit these at all. Shame, but I am super excited to see the new kiosks. I hope that Brazil is as good as SWO. Super excited for South Korea, as well!
Thanks given by:  Zachary, jornor

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |