ParkFans Logo

Famous People and Relationships

10/29/17 at 01:51pm in Famous People and Relationships (Latest Edit: 10/29/17 at 01:55pm by Merboy.)
Cards on the table, this is a drunk post.

So I just watched Five Foot Two, the Lady Gaga documentary on Netflix and it was amazing. It started off basically at the point at which she and her fiance called it off. But then I saw her hugging up on her producer Mark. And it struck me in a sort of way that was like, okay yeah she's single but if she were with someone and she hugged another man like that it might be a bit of a red flag. Like if she were an everyday girl with a steady boyfriend and she were hugging another man that way, personally, if I were dating her I'd be like "...." and would wonder if something else were going on.

So then I started thinking about how absolutely available sex is to famous people. And if you think about couples who are famous there's only a few who are legit happy and have any sort of longevity. And so, to make a long story short (I know, too late):

Do you think that famous people cheat?
Do they cheat a lot or a little?
Do they not cheat at all and monogamy really is a thing?
How do people have the heart to do this?
How do people resist cheating? I mean even people in the most committed relationships have crushes that come and go...
Do you think it's just sex? Is that okay?
Is it even healthy to cheat? Some people cheat so they can bear their relationship, what do you think of that?
Even the most upstanding (famous, in this scenario) human being, the one you admire the most, has gorgeous people throwing themselves at him/her (to say nothing of drugs and alcohol and other inhibitor-reducing influences). Do you think they cheat?

Moral of story: what is love?

The Lantern Light.com
Thanks given by:  Zimmy
10/30/17 at 12:34am in Famous People and Relationships
I suspect famous people have social pressures that, "normal," people can not know. Lets be honest, most of us are not on display to, being judged by, and talked about on line by thousands of perfect strangers everyday. So it never surprises me when their relations break down. I often think of Jen, Angelina, and Brad. (But lets be honest Angelina may never have been working with a full deck to begin with.)

Some stats to consider:
Percent of marriages where one or both spouses admit to infidelity, either physical or emotional: 41 %

Percent of men who admit to committing infidelity in any relationship they’ve had: 57 %

Percentage of women who admit to committing infidelity in any relationship they’ve had: 54 %

Now the two that I really find concerning:
Percentage of men who say they would have an affair if they knew they would never get caught: 74 %

Percentage of women who say they would have an affair if they knew they would never get caught: 68 %

It is also worth pointing out where people draw the line with infidelity.
Presumably unless you are in some kind of open relationship any touching of another person, other than your spouses' genitalia is cheating. However what about having an emotional relationship with someone from a far? I expect many would actually be more upset about the emotional cheating than the physical.

There are dozens of scenarios in between and I am sure there are just as many opinions. My view is far more liberal than others. While I would never cheat because I could not live with myself if I hurt someone, I also do not think I would get very wrapped up if my SO had an affair.

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  Merboy

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |