ParkFans Logo

Rumor: The Real SkyNet Comes to Universal Parks

Josh Young over at ThemeParkUniversity.com has revealed that Universal has been working on a system that they hope will blow Disney's MagicBandPlus out of the water. From the sound of it, Terminator may have left Universal Studios Orlando, but SkyNet isn't far off from replacing it.

Check it our here. It's a long read.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  Zachary
I can see massive backlash because of privacy concerns.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Shane, Zachary
10/19/17 at 05:30pm in Rumor: The Real SkyNet Comes to Universal Parks (Latest Edit: 10/19/17 at 05:30pm by Shane.)
This article actually came before it and discusses how TapuTapu at Volcano Bay has basically failed. It goes hand in hand with the article I posted above as Universal attempts to navigate the queue-less card-less future of theme parks.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  Zachary
10/20/17 at 12:59am in Rumor: The Real SkyNet Comes to Universal Parks (Latest Edit: 10/20/17 at 01:02am by Zachary.)
(10/19/17 04:41pm)Nicole Wrote:  I can see massive backlash because of privacy concerns.

100% agree with this.

That said, even though people may be super uncomfortable at the point of initial setup, I don't think any real notable percentage of guests will opt not to participate in the system. Hell, give it some magical Harry Potter-related name and suddenly people will line up for two hours to have their identities stolen. I can see it now, The Hogwarts Student Identification System brought to you by Equifax. Tongue

There is a bit of sarcasm here, yes, but at the same time, I sorta do believe that Disney and Universal could do almost anything and the people who traveled halfway across the country to meet Elsa from Frozen aren't going to let a little privacy invasion stop them.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Shane, CastleOSullivan

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |