ParkFans Logo

Project 2018: Twisted Timbers

08/16/17 at 11:37am in Project 2018: Twisted Timbers (Latest Edit: 10/15/17 at 05:08pm by Zachary.)

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  Hokie305, Joe, Connor, VikingvadR, jornor
08/16/17 at 11:39am in Project 2018: Twisted Timbers (Latest Edit: 08/16/17 at 11:40am by coasterdude205.)
Kings dominion now has it on the front page of the website for anyone to look at.
https://www.kingsdominion.com/explore/twisted-timbers

Also these trains look stunning.
Thanks given by:  luseendesi, jornor
08/16/17 at 11:40am in Project 2018: Twisted Timbers
Considering the ride's "story" is based in the 1950's, the Juke Box Diner, Ricochet, and WindSeeker's neon do make sense. I'm sure they'll blend it in well.

Take what you can get with the theming attempts, as this is the park who put a NASCAR themed ride in the Congo section of the park next to an Area 51 UFO themed ride just 8 years ago.

Personally, I love the theme and the attempt to try and fit it in the area, while also giving the ride its own identity. I also love the look of the station from what I have seen!
Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser, Joe, SLC Headache, jeffh, Mike541x, VikingvadR, jornor, Jesy
08/16/17 at 11:45am in Project 2018: Twisted Timbers

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  coasterdude205, Joe, jornor
08/16/17 at 11:56am in Project 2018: Twisted Timbers (Latest Edit: 08/16/17 at 11:57am by Zachary.)
Official POV!

YouTube Link

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Thomas, coasterdude205, Hokie305, buckler89, MAZ, Mike541x, Unagi, jornor
08/16/17 at 11:58am in Project 2018: Twisted Timbers
Those airtime hills on the back section look massive and steep!
Thanks given by:  Hokie305, luseendesi, jornor
08/16/17 at 12:03pm in Project 2018: Twisted Timbers
Off-ride animation!

YouTube Link

Thanks given by:  Hokie305, CaptainPrism, coasterdude205, Unagi, jornor
08/16/17 at 12:12pm in Project 2018: Twisted Timbers
This looks amazing! Personally, it is even better than I imagined. Between the overbank replacing the first turn and those very small airtime "humps", this is going to much more wild than the POV makes it seem.

Side note: I'm getting Ripley's Haunted Adventure vibes from the station's new theming and I'm thrilled to say that considering this is Cedar Fair.
Thanks given by:  Joe, RollyCoaster, jornor
08/16/17 at 12:13pm in Project 2018: Twisted Timbers
They really put effort into that station exterior... [/sarcasm]

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
08/16/17 at 12:18pm in Project 2018: Twisted Timbers
^ It's a rendering, I think Cedar Fair's recent additions of rides like Mystic Timbers' "shed", Banshee's station, etc. prove they'll put more effort into it than what is shown on the POV and off-ride videos.
Thanks given by:  Joe, jornor
08/16/17 at 12:20pm in Project 2018: Twisted Timbers
Official Press Release

Thanks given by:  Hokie305, coasterdude205, jornor
08/16/17 at 01:03pm in Project 2018: Twisted Timbers
So the theme and story appear to be virtually a carbon copy of KI's Mystic Timbers just slightly adjusted to fit in Candy Apple Grove.

Also, from the press release, with the Orchard being on "the edge of town" I think that the 1950s midway/diner will stay, hopefully updated a bit for the new ride.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  jornor
08/16/17 at 01:14pm in Project 2018: Twisted Timbers
Officially excited. It looks amazing and another piece of coaster history is saved (sort of). I couldn't be more...

(pause for effect)

Thrilled.

A ParkFans Advisor for the people!
Thanks given by:  RollyCoaster, Joe, buckler89, Zachary, jornor
08/16/17 at 01:26pm in Project 2018: Twisted Timbers
So... Looking at the birdseye view, it would appear that the old exterior queue is being removed all together and guests will now enter through the original exit and the entire queue will be housed inside the station? Also, is the old station getting a new brick facade?

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  VikingvadR, jornor
08/16/17 at 01:36pm in Project 2018: Twisted Timbers
Probably a more like a red barn than brick.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |