ParkFans Logo

Lake Compounce - Boulder Dash

07/31/17 at 09:50am in Lake Compounce - Boulder Dash (Latest Edit: 07/31/17 at 10:00am by Zimmy.)
On Sunday the Virginia Pilot ran a piece from the LA Times about Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce.  I have not ridden it, but Brady MacDonald did a nice job with the article.  

As I could not find it online, (to be fair I did not look very hard) Here is a photograph of the article.  (before coffee, this was all my brain could manage)  It is mostly not blurry (I can not speak to shitty) and is of sufficient resolution where you can easily zoom in to read.

Enjoy!

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  Connor
07/31/17 at 09:52am in Lake Compounce - Boulder Dash
Here is the original LA Times piece.

I don't entirely understand why the Virginia Pilot picked it up? We don't have enough amusement park news locally?

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Zachary
07/31/17 at 10:00am in Lake Compounce - Boulder Dash
(07/31/17 09:52am)Nicole Wrote:  Here is the original LA Times piece.

I don't entirely understand why the Virginia Pilot picked it up?  We don't have enough amusement park news locally?

Thanks for the link! I have no idea why the Pilot picked it up, but I am glad they did!

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  Nicole
08/01/17 at 08:57am in Lake Compounce - Boulder Dash
(07/31/17 10:00am)Zimmy Wrote:  I have no idea why the Pilot picked it up, but I am glad they did!

I'm guessing since the ride has won many Golden Ticket Awards, the writer is giving the park more exposure as they will be hosting the event this September.

Speaking of the writer, Brady MacDonald, he strictly covers the entire amusement industry for the LA Times.

Last October he even mentioned InvadR in an article as one of the top attractions for 2017.

http://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks...story.html
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary
08/01/17 at 02:05pm in Lake Compounce - Boulder Dash
Brady MacDonald is great. We've spoken briefly before and he has mentioned BGWFans and shared our stories a few times over the years. He's a great voice of reason in a sea of sensationalist, misinformed media coverage of the industry.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Unagi, Shane, Nicole, Zimmy

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |