ParkFans Logo

Bier Fest 2017

07/31/17 at 01:14am in Bier Fest 2017
2017 Dates: September 1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 16 and 17

Check back later for 2017 event details.

More than 200 years of Oktoberfest traditions come to life this fall at Busch Gardens ® Bier Fest. Raise a glass to toast the end of summer with a variety of craft beers from around the globe. Sample traditional German food, listen to live music, and experience all this unique Bavarian celebration has to offer. Prost!

Pair your favorite brews with authentic German snacks, like beer-battered bratwurst or homemade pretzels. This three-weekend festival will feature over 100 beers throughout the event. Challenge your taste buds with brews from around the world, ranging from traditional Oktoberfest drafts to tropical IPAs.

Disclaimer: Must be 21 years of age to purchase or consume alcoholic beverages. Beer selections, dates and times are subject to change and/or cancellation without notice. Only valid for draft beer in Oktoberfest Village. Not available outside of festival dates. Event is included with park admission. Pass members can receive a discount by logging into the Member website with your barcode and zip code. Need help logging in? Check out our guide here.
Thanks given by:  Unagi, Nicole, phurst, Haberdasher1973, deacfan31, Jesy, tursiops, Zachary
08/10/17 at 09:49pm in Bier Fest 2017 (Latest Edit: 08/10/17 at 09:50pm by Nicole.)
Busch Gardens Williamsburg Wrote:BUSCH GARDENS® WILLIAMSBURG’S BIER FEST

OFFERS MORE LOCAL BEERS THAN EVER

More than twice as many breweries from Virginia will be represented.

WILLIAMSBURG, Va (August 10, 2017) – Busch Gardens® Williamsburg’s Bier Fest will continue to offer a large selection of craft beers from around the world, but this year’s event will have more local flavor.

Bier Fest has added more than twice as many breweries from Virginia for this year’s event, which returns for its third year Friday, Sept. 1 and will run for eight days over three straight weekends – Sept. 1-4, 9-10 and 16-17.

Among the Virginia breweries confirmed for Bier Fest:

Alewerks Brewing Co.
Apocalypse Ale Works
Ballast Point Brewing Co.
Bold Rock
Bull Island Brewing Co.
Buskey Cider
Center of the Universe Brewing Co.
Coelacanth Brewing
Commonwealth Brewing Co.
Devil’s Backbone Brewing Co.
Hardywood Park Craft Brewery
Larry’s Hard Lemonade
Midnight Brewery
O’Connor Brewing Co.
Oozlefinch Craft Brewery
Port City Brewing
Smartmouth Brewing Co.
St. George Brewing Co.
Starr Hill Brewery
Stone Brewing
The Virginia Beer Co.
Tradition Brewing Co.
Trapezium Brewing Co.
Wasserhund Brewing Co.
Wild Wolf Brewing Co.

More than 200 years of Oktoberfest traditions come to life at Bier Fest. Guests can raise a glass to toast the end of summer with a variety of craft beers from around the globe, including offerings from Germany and Scotland. And new this year, frozen beer selections like Larry’s Hard Lemonade, Angry Orchard Cider and Magners Cherry Cider will be available.

Also new this year, three locations to purchase your favorite brews have been added in the England, Ireland and Oktoberfest villages.

And what’s Bier Fest without authentic German food? This year’s menu includes all of your favorites, from roasted turkey legs and beer-battered bratwurst, and some new items that are sure to please, including a giant pretzel with bacon salt known as the Riesenbrezel.

Join us for the tapping of the Firkin Keg each day at 11:30 a.m. on the Bier Garden Stage in Oktoberfest Village.

And be sure to visit the Brauhaus Craft Bier Room or Grogan’s Pub for one of our brewery talks throughout the eight-day event.

For more information, including operating times, please visit http://www.buschgardens.com/bierfest.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  sufpadd, jornor, tursiops, deacfan31
08/11/17 at 12:03pm in Bier Fest 2017
(08/10/17 09:49pm)Nicole Wrote:  
Busch Gardens Williamsburg Wrote:BUSCH GARDENS® WILLIAMSBURG’S BIER FEST

OFFERS MORE LOCAL BEERS THAN EVER

More than twice as many breweries from Virginia will be represented.

WILLIAMSBURG, Va (August 10, 2017) – Busch Gardens® Williamsburg’s Bier Fest will continue to offer a large selection of craft beers from around the world, but this year’s event will have more local flavor.

Bier Fest has added more than twice as many breweries from Virginia for this year’s event, which returns for its third year Friday, Sept. 1 and will run for eight days over three straight weekends – Sept. 1-4, 9-10 and 16-17.

Among the Virginia breweries confirmed for Bier Fest:

Alewerks Brewing Co.
Apocalypse Ale Works
Ballast Point Brewing Co.
Bold Rock
Bull Island Brewing Co.
Buskey Cider
Center of the Universe Brewing Co.
Coelacanth Brewing
Commonwealth Brewing Co.
Devil’s Backbone Brewing Co.
Hardywood Park Craft Brewery
Larry’s Hard Lemonade
Midnight Brewery
O’Connor Brewing Co.
Oozlefinch Craft Brewery
Port City Brewing
Smartmouth Brewing Co.
St. George Brewing Co.
Starr Hill Brewery
Stone Brewing
The Virginia Beer Co.
Tradition Brewing Co.
Trapezium Brewing Co.
Wasserhund Brewing Co.
Wild Wolf Brewing Co.

More than 200 years of Oktoberfest traditions come to life at Bier Fest. Guests can raise a glass to toast the end of summer with a variety of craft beers from around the globe, including offerings from Germany and Scotland. And new this year, frozen beer selections like Larry’s Hard Lemonade, Angry Orchard Cider and Magners Cherry Cider will be available.

Also new this year, three locations to purchase your favorite brews have been added in the England, Ireland and Oktoberfest villages.

And what’s Bier Fest without authentic German food? This year’s menu includes all of your favorites, from roasted turkey legs and beer-battered bratwurst, and some new items that are sure to please, including a giant pretzel with bacon salt known as the Riesenbrezel.

Join us for the tapping of the Firkin Keg each day at 11:30 a.m. on the Bier Garden Stage in Oktoberfest Village.

And be sure to visit the Brauhaus Craft Bier Room or Grogan’s Pub for one of our brewery talks throughout the eight-day event.

For more information, including operating times, please visit http://www.buschgardens.com/bierfest.
I saw Foothills Brewery, from Winston Salem, is doing one the brewmaster sessions. They have some good stuff, Carolina Blonde is the best,Peoples Porter is good and the Pumpkin is awesome.

"If someone says to you, take care of something, that means light it on fire right?" - Rafi
Thanks given by:  jornor
08/20/17 at 11:00pm in Bier Fest 2017
Can't believe Young Veterans Brewing Company didn't make the list (out of Virginia Beach).
Thanks given by:  Zimmy
08/21/17 at 09:13pm in Bier Fest 2017
(08/20/17 11:00pm)jornor Wrote:  Can't believe Young Veterans Brewing Company didn't make the list (out of Virginia Beach).

Just tried their lager. Not bad, not good nuff to turn be from O'Conners but still good

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
09/09/17 at 10:30am in Bier Fest 2017
(08/21/17 09:13pm)Zimmy Wrote:  
(08/20/17 11:00pm)jornor Wrote:  Can't believe Young Veterans Brewing Company didn't make the list (out of Virginia Beach).

Just tried their lager.  Not bad, not good nuff to turn be from O'Conners  but still good

The G.I. Pilsner? Or a different Lager?

I strongly recommend their Pineapple Grenade Hefeweizen.

Their Manchester Orchestra Pride Session Pale Ale is amazing if you can still find it.

Hoping to maybe hit our first date of Bier Fest tomorrow!
09/09/17 at 02:34pm in Bier Fest 2017 (Latest Edit: 09/09/17 at 02:35pm by Nicole.)
The Bier Fest appears to be spread across the park this year. We have seen food and beer in several hamlets.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  deacfan31, jornor
09/09/17 at 05:29pm in Bier Fest 2017 (Latest Edit: 09/09/17 at 08:05pm by Nicole.)
Another update.

The Brauhaus stein discount applies to Bier Fest.

The Bier Fest stein comes with one pour, but no subsequent discounts.

The Sampler seems to be the best deal: $2.40 for five oz versus $9.29 for 10 oz.

Thanks given by:  Cthru3, violetfemme, Zachary, jornor
09/11/17 at 02:16pm in Bier Fest 2017
We aren't going down for bier fest this year, but to make sure I understand what you're saying: if I pull my stein out of the Brauhaus and carry it around, I get my $5 fills at the Bier Fest stands? That's definitely a good option, even a little better than the sampler package (I think the steins are 12 oz?).
09/11/17 at 05:48pm in Bier Fest 2017
That is exactly what I am saying, with the caveat that they didn't tell me exactly how much they were charging for people using the steins, just that there was a discount.

And you may be right about the price comparison.

For me, the five oz pours we're perfect, because I like to sample as many different flavors as possible.

Thanks given by:  tursiops, Zachary, violetfemme, deacfan31, whanna, jornor
09/19/17 at 02:26am in Bier Fest 2017
(09/11/17 05:48pm)Nicole Wrote:  That is exactly what I am saying, with the caveat that they didn't tell me exactly how much they were charging for people using the steins, just that there was a discount.

And you may be right about the price comparison.

For me, the five oz pours we're perfect, because I like to sample as many different flavors as possible.

Wow that is awesome about the steins! I have to go next year. We had plans to go this year but we ended up switching jobs / getting new jobs in the past month and started back up at school etc. Hopefully they do the stein fills next year (if I can get a stein)!, super bummed we missed out this years Bier Fest.
09/22/17 at 05:12pm in Bier Fest 2017 (Latest Edit: 09/22/17 at 05:12pm by whanna.)
(09/11/17 05:48pm)Nicole Wrote:  That is exactly what I am saying, with the caveat that they didn't tell me exactly how much they were charging for people using the steins, just that there was a discount.

This just in:

Nice of this to be published a week after the event concluded. Maybe it is different next year than this though, unknown.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, tursiops, sufpadd, jornor

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |