ParkFans Logo

Festhaus Park Utilization

07/08/17 at 12:55am in Festhaus Park Utilization
As we know, Festhaus Park is currently being used seasonally for Howl-o-Scream mazes in the Fall and as a concert venue in the Summer. The several issues with expanding in that direction are the Verbolten event building eyesore, the Black Forest Picnic Area, and the long, narrow path to the field. I have come up with a concept to add a aesthetically pleasing, large-scale roller coaster in the area as a "Drachen Fire replacement" while preserving what Festhaus Park currently provides Busch Gardens and its guests with.

While some loathe the model and others rave about it, I decided to go forward with a custom Flying Coaster by B&M. The public would likely think the ride style is amazing much like they did with Griffon a decade ago. The model has also progressed greatly as of recently and seems to be in a place where adding a unique, high-intensity flyer would impress both the enthusiast community as well as the general public. My concept was inspired by elements present on the Big Bad Wolf's Bavarian village half, Drachen Fire's first drop, and parts of Starry Sky Ripper.

The footprint of the whole area includes a new, permanent venue dedicated to concerts and a new indoor HOS maze (area much like the Royal Palace) and would require the removal of Lumberhack maze. The standing Drachen Fire infrastructure would have to be removed to accommodate 8-car long flyer trains. A new dual station and maintenance bay would be built on the existing foundations.

First the trains would dispatch in the opposite direction than its predecessor, toward the Rhine. It makes a steep climb at 55 degrees to 152' above the ground followed by a 50' drop into a corkscrew. From the inversion, the train flies down a 130 foot drop into a very big left overbank by the train bridge. The twisty barrel roll/Fly-to-Lie element then follows leading into a vertical loop flying by the station and service roads. Then a Lie-to-Fly over the railroad, flyby the railroad, and right overbank into the ravine on the left side of the train tracks. In the ravine the train passes by several close call elements in a new BBW style Bavarian village with a barrel roll "smashing" through buildings then diving under the train tracks for a flyby the ride entrance and a helix finale. This ride takes world records for longest flying coaster at 3,802 feet, highest inversion on a flying coaster and biggest drop on a flying coaster both at 130 feet. Narrowly missed the fastest to beat Tatsu by 1mph. The concept was built in No Limits 2 at a 1:1 scale and seems to fit perfectly to what I drew up in the JCC GIS map.

https://i.imgur.com/fOlpHJH.png

Apologies for the poor quality but this is more or less the layout written above. What do you think? I'd like to hear comments or opinions
Thanks given by:  Connor, Joe, jornor, Kyle, Zachary, CastleOSullivan, CaptainPrism
07/15/17 at 01:25pm in Festhaus Park Utilization (Latest Edit: 07/15/17 at 01:26pm by CastleOSullivan.)
That looks/sounds beautiful. I love how it encompasses the essence of several rides. At the end, wouldn't the trains be too wide to go through a Bavarian house in the time period of the Big Bad Wolf? If not, I think a near miss element going through the narrow gap between houses would be amazing. Naturally, you could at least take the side edges off of some houses that way. Winking

"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
Thanks given by:  jornor, AIR
07/19/17 at 03:11pm in Festhaus Park Utilization
I thought I could upload some pictures of this from No Limits 2 just for a better visual. This is in no means finished and is missing many supports, theming elements and most of the village section.

Front of the Festhaus and Black Forest entrance arch:

New locker area installed on the side of the Festhaus:

First view of the ride while walking down the Festhaus Park path/extended queue:

Some views from the railroad:

Various aerial screenshots of the entire area:  

New transfer track zone:

Terrain section/village area:

I really think this would be a very unique addition and a very good fit if it were to happen. Hopefully the pictures help. As for the village section, my original envisioning was to be "tearing" through corners of buildings, going through roofs, or coming dangerously close to towers and walls. Being fixed under the track, it wouldn't create the same sensation the Big Bad Wolf did with its free swinging but it definitely would add a visual element. Hopefully a danger element would be included to the nature of flying coasters with their series of very unique elements.
Thanks given by:  Merboy, Joe, Connor, The Hessian, CastleOSullivan, jornor, jonn804, Gameboyzee, whanna, Haberdasher1973, AlpenChariot, David2015
07/19/17 at 03:28pm in Festhaus Park Utilization
This is a really great concept AIR. Have you worked in NoLimits a lot in the past? As far as your layout goes, I would incorporate a Pretzel Loop for B&M authenticity, parts of your layout remind me more of how a Vekoma Flyer might be laid out a bit more than how B&M typically lays-out their flyers especially with your Fly-to-Lie element followed by the Vertical Loop then the Lie-to-Fly element. I guess it is a bit of a hybrid of both manufactures in that sense. Overall good work, I'm sure we would all love to see a POV video when you are complete.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  Merboy, jornor, AIR
07/19/17 at 04:10pm in Festhaus Park Utilization
(07/19/17 03:28pm)Shane Wrote:  I would incorporate a Pretzel Loop for B&M authenticity,

Thanks given by:  Shane, jornor, AIR, halfabee, Zimmy, Haberdasher1973, bill s
07/19/17 at 04:12pm in Festhaus Park Utilization
Very impressive, Air! Well done.

The Lantern Light.com
Thanks given by:  jornor, AIR
07/20/17 at 12:45am in Festhaus Park Utilization
(07/19/17 03:11pm)AIR Wrote:  I thought I could upload some pictures of this from No Limits 2 just for a better visual. This is in no means finished and is missing many supports, theming elements and most of the village section.

Front of the Festhaus and Black Forest entrance arch:

New locker area installed on the side of the Festhaus:

First view of the ride while walking down the Festhaus Park path/extended queue:

Some views from the railroad:

Various aerial screenshots of the entire area:  

New transfer track zone:

Terrain section/village area:

I really think this would be a very unique addition and a very good fit if it were to happen. Hopefully the pictures help. As for the village section, my original envisioning was to be "tearing" through corners of buildings, going through roofs, or coming dangerously close to towers and walls. Being fixed under the track, it wouldn't create the same sensation the Big Bad Wolf did with its free swinging but it definitely would add a visual element. Hopefully a danger element would be included to the nature of flying coasters with their series of very unique elements.

These are insane. Thanks a ton for all of the work. Looks beautiful.
Thanks given by:  AIR
07/20/17 at 12:55am in Festhaus Park Utilization
Thank you guys a ton for all the positive feedback! I will definitely continue to work on this one. Not sure if I can incorporate a pretzel loop or not without it looking out of place but I will look into it for sure. I will try to perfect it and show you guys an on-ride hopefully soon.
Thanks given by:  jornor, Gameboyzee
07/20/17 at 09:52am in Festhaus Park Utilization
Wow, that is impressive...! Looking forward to the on-ride.

Pretzel loops are probably my all-time least favorite B&M element. I wonder how well one would really go over at BGW.
Thanks given by:  jornor
07/20/17 at 07:22pm in Festhaus Park Utilization
Earlier version?

YouTube Link
Thanks given by:  AIR, jornor
07/20/17 at 09:10pm in Festhaus Park Utilization
Haha actually yes. I don't like That version very much and my editing is atrocious
07/21/17 at 08:22am in Festhaus Park Utilization (Latest Edit: 07/21/17 at 08:25am by Shane.)
(07/20/17 09:52am)halfabee Wrote:  Pretzel loops are probably my all-time least favorite B&M element.  I wonder how well one would really go over at BGW.

I find the element to be one of the more, if not most, intense inversions out there. Vekoma's Fly-to-Lie Verticle Loop is about the same sensation. There is something weird about swooping down over the ground at those speeds while on your back that is so much more intense than when you go through an element like that upright. I'm not actually sure if I like the sensation or not as I always tense up going through them. They are the signature B&M Flyer Element though.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
07/25/17 at 09:40pm in Festhaus Park Utilization
Just a quick update on a few things I built

A fence along the railroad and the view of the village:

And a visual of the village being torn apart:

Any ideas on what I should try to add to the village ruins? I'm planning on building a detailed new train bridge and breezeway arch the train flies through.
Thanks given by:  jornor, halfabee, tursiops, Pretzel Kaiser, Joe
11/16/17 at 04:01pm in Festhaus Park Utilization
(07/25/17 09:40pm)AIR Wrote:  Just a quick update on a few things I built

A fence along the railroad and the view of the village:

And a visual of the village being torn apart:

Any ideas on what I should try to add to the village ruins? I'm planning on building a detailed new train bridge and breezeway arch the train flies through.

Is there gonna be an updated pov released soon?
11/16/17 at 04:43pm in Festhaus Park Utilization
Yeah a 315 foot flying coaster isn’t happening.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |