ParkFans Logo

Project Madrid: New Hamlet? Giga Coaster? 315' Tower?

07/05/17 at 08:49am in Project Madrid: New Hamlet? Giga Coaster? 315' Tower? (Latest Edit: 11/14/17 at 09:47am by Shane.)
IMPORTANT For the most accurate and up-to-date information about "Project Madrid" please read the Project Recap over at BGWFans.com located here.

The PFN team actively reads through this thread and has documented all of the relevant posts and has created an index of important information regarding this project that can be located here.

Lastly, please note that unless the information has been documented on the BGWFans page or in the Project Index above, everything included in this thread should be considered wild speculation and not accurate or verified information despite what the person posting the information might claim.

If you take a look at the actual permit filing you will notice that the height waiver is specifically labeled Busch Gardens Madrid. I've screen captured it and posted it below in case it happens to disappear on us. Would the park troll the community on an official document filing? Is this a mistake or an error? Or, is Busch Gardens Williamsburg adding their first new country in 16 years?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  Lord Robert, Zachary, Greggles, Nicole, Eric, Thomas, Merboy, jornor, MAZ, ElsaManta, Connor, CastleOSullivan, BBW, GeoUSA, Crums28, Dylon, Jesy, VACoasterFan, Glissade, Rhaw757, Gameboyzee, Alf33, VikingvadR, gazisghost, GavinofBGW
I hope this is true, Spain is a perfect fit for the park and I'm frankly quite shocked they haven't added Spain years ago. This is also a great opportunity for live entertainment to expand by giving this new country a new small theater, either outdoor or indoor.

"There is no living without honor." -Mademoiselle D'Artagnan
Thanks given by:  Shane, Greggles, jornor, ElsaManta, Eric, CastleOSullivan, Alf33, VikingvadR, Flyer
I'm going to take the skeptical route here. This is too much of an oversight to actually happen like this, plus why would "Madrid" be in the park name?
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Greggles, Merboy, jornor, ElsaManta, Zimmy, Eric, Dylon, Alf33, VikingvadR, Haberdasher1973
07/05/17 at 09:22am in Project Madrid: New Hamlet? Giga Coaster? 315' Tower? (Latest Edit: 07/05/17 at 09:28am by Shane.)
It is very odd. And it doesn't line up with the park's current hamlet naming scheme. The way they currently do things it would just be named Spain. I do want to point out that that is the application's name and not meant to represent the parks name specifically. I'm sure the contractor that is working on the project labeled it as such.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  Merboy, Nicole, Greggles, jornor, Zimmy, Alf33, Haberdasher1973
07/05/17 at 09:26am in Project Madrid: New Hamlet? Giga Coaster? 315' Tower? (Latest Edit: 07/05/17 at 09:27am by Thomas.)
(07/05/17 08:57am)Lord Robert Wrote:  I hope this is true, Spain is a perfect fit for the park and I'm frankly quite shocked they haven't added Spain years ago. This is also a great opportunity for live entertainment to expand by giving this new country a new small theater, either outdoor or indoor.

We get a new hamlet and all you want is live entertainment?

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  Shane, Lord Robert, Pretzel Kaiser, Nicole, Greggles, jornor, Zimmy, Crums28, Joe, halfabee, Youhow2
(07/05/17 09:26am)Thomas Wrote:  
(07/05/17 08:57am)Lord Robert Wrote:  I hope this is true, Spain is a perfect fit for the park and I'm frankly quite shocked they haven't added Spain years ago. This is also a great opportunity for live entertainment to expand by giving this new country a new small theater, either outdoor or indoor.

We get a new hamlet and all you want is live entertainment?

Not just that, but also a new restaurant, some new flat rides, beautifully designed buildings and fantastic landscaping.

"There is no living without honor." -Mademoiselle D'Artagnan
Thanks given by:  jornor, Flyer
What the park really needs is a new, intense, adult coaster.

That said, I find this whole thing to be a bit fishy.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  jornor, ElsaManta, Greggles, halfabee, Zimmy, deacfan31, Eric, Hokie305, Haberdasher1973
It's clearly on-site housing for employees...

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thanks given by:  jornor, Eric
It seems fishy to me, BUT I would be really excited and happy if the park was adding a new hamlet. That would be awesome.

Coaster Count: 39
Top 5: Manta (SWO), Intimidator 305/Fury 325 (tie 'til I can decide), Mako, Apollo's Chariot
Thanks given by:  jornor
The permit application has been updated to remove the Affordable Housing line. More notably, however, the description now reads: "Height waiver for new attraction in Busch Gardens."

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  phurst, Kyle, jornor, Nicole, Merboy, Connor, Greggles, Gameboyzee, Alf33, jonfin826, VikingvadR, Haberdasher1973, Flyer
Maybe it's an onsite hotel.
Maybe it's a Toomer.
(07/05/17 12:23pm)warfelg Wrote:  Maybe it's an onsite hotel.
Maybe they'll have cabanas for siestas
Thanks given by:  Sky
Interesting
Maybe Coke bought them a new 200ft tall Coke bottle.
Thanks given by:  jornor, phurst, deacfan31, Alf33, belsaas, Haberdasher1973

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |