ParkFans Logo

Silver Hand Meadery - Mead Tastings

06/11/17 at 02:07am in Silver Hand Meadery - Mead Tastings (Latest Edit: 06/11/17 at 02:10am by Zimmy.)
Today, a group of us more or less stumbled onto one of the best experiences I have ever had at the park.  Just outside Grogan’s Grill we spotted a somewhat mysterious sign mentioning Silver Hand Meadery.  We could not quiet make heads or tails of the message board so we went went inside the pub and asked the bar tender.  We found out 2 things: 1 they are now, and will be for the foreseeable future selling mead flights and second they were performing a mead tasting at 1830.  
My friends and I made a point to be in the pub before 1830 so we could attend.  As promised the owner of Silver Hand was, well on hand and walked us through the mead flight and then walked us through a series of honeys.  (for the uninitiated mead, is essentially distilled honey wine with yeast.)

The whole experience was quiet exceptional and frankly a nice surprise.  I am a bit of VA, and particularly Tidewater spirits fan.  I had no idea we had a meadery anywhere in VA, or that one was nearby.  After the success of the craft breweries, particularly in Norfolk and of course the ongoing success of the Virginia wineries this addition leaves a... well sweet taste in my mouth.

So if you can attend one of these tastings I highly recommend them.  He will not be at BGW next Saturday but he will return for the 24th and 1st.  

If you can not make those take a trip over to the Silver Hand meadery, they have daily tours.

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  Nicole, deacfan31, mountaineers, phurst, wxfrcaster, Thomas, violetfemme, MAZ, jornor, Alf33
06/12/17 at 10:05am in Silver Hand Meadery - Mead Tastings
Keep an eye on Groupon, they have had them for Silver Hand in the past.
Thanks given by:  Zimmy, jornor
06/12/17 at 11:53am in Silver Hand Meadery - Mead Tastings
According to the website the mead tastings are free.

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  jornor
07/08/17 at 10:41pm in Silver Hand Meadery - Mead Tastings
I keep meaning to stop by Silver Hand Meadery when I'm in Williamsburg. I think it's great that BG is working with local breweries and distilleries.
Thanks given by:  jornor, Zimmy

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |