ParkFans Logo

Rumor: B&M to Debut Third Generation Stand-up Coaster

Well this was unexpected:

ScreamScape.com Wrote:B&M - (5/4/17) According to a new rumor sent in, track spotters who like to frequent B&M track fabrication plant in Ohio may want to keep their eyes open for something interesting... the possible creation of track pieces for a new B&M Stand-Up coaster. Yep... even in this age where we are starting to see some older B&M Stand-Ups converted into Floorless coasters (Mantis to Rougarou and Vortex to Patriot) our source says that someone has opted to buy the first new B&M Stand-Up coaster since Georgia Scorcher opened back in 1999.
While I'm sure the track design will remain similar to standard B&M track, our source went on to say that we can expect a slight redesign to the trains, including modification to that annoying bicycle style seat thing that goes between your legs and the addition of new restraints that will incorporate a stand-up version of B&M's new vest style system (as seen on Banshee and all the Wing Coasters), which should cut down on any possible head-banging.
Source

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  Merboy, Connor, RollyCoaster
05/04/17 at 03:09pm in Rumor: B&M to Debut Third Generation Stand-up Coaster (Latest Edit: 05/04/17 at 03:09pm by Connor.)
If this is true this could be a real game changer in the industry as many parks that once had stand-up coasters have either converted them to floorless coasters or removed them. Back in the 80's and 90's parks were more focused on gimmicks rather than quality rides so it makes me wonder if some of these parks will see a stand-up coaster once again. I just hope that this design has been perfected because not once have I felt as I was standing up on a coaster, if anything it feels like I'm straddling a bicycle seat.

So, I hope this rumor is true, but if it is anything like previous designs I imagine they won't take off. Glad to see B&M go slightly out of their comfort zone.

Where is Hummel Boy?
The Government can destroy our healthcare and strip our internet privacy but no one can pass a law banning all stand up coasters? This aggression will not stand.

Thanks, Obama.

Puts the Reggae in your Jeggae!
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary, Pretzel Kaiser, Zimmy
(05/04/17 03:09pm)Connor Wrote:  If this is true this could be a real game changer in the industry as many parks that once had stand-up coasters have either converted them to floorless coasters or removed them. Back in the 80's and 90's parks were more focused on gimmicks rather than quality rides so it makes me wonder if some of these parks will see a stand-up coaster once again. I just hope that this design has been perfected because not once have I felt as I was standing up on a coaster, if anything it feels like I'm straddling a bicycle seat.

So, I hope this rumor is true, but if it is anything like previous designs I imagine they won't take off. Glad to see B&M go slightly out of their comfort zone.

you just slouch a bit when you're getting on and it keeps the seat from being all up in your bidness for the whole ride.

Hello, my name is Chris, today is my birthday.

2010 Coaster Count:
Alpengeist: 34 | Apollo's Chariot: 66 | Griffon: 21 | Loch Ness Monster: 26 | Total: 147
I guess we shall see what happens. I doubt these third generation trains would be a viable option to update older installations as I am sure that these newer trains have a wider envelope. I'm ok with B&M doing a one time experiment, but I do not want them to start building a lot of these again.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
I found the restraints on Banshee to be fairly uncomfortable, so I don't see them as a huge improvement. I guess they are less likely to give one a concussion at least.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  RollyCoaster
Why not just make more sit down coasters? Kumba is a wonderful gem of a coaster...

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  RollyCoaster, Nicole, Pretzel Kaiser, Shane, Connor, Kyle, CastleOSullivan
As the minority, I don't hate Stand-ups. I'm a fan of Georgia Scorcher, and am a huge fan of Green Lantern. Vortex is okay, I enjoyed Shockwave, though I'd say Apocalypse is complete trash. I'm a fan of the stand-up model coming back, especially with the new restraints. I don't have a problem with the current restraints (Except on Apocalypse my god), but could see the reason of change. I, unlike others, would be thrilled if Stand-ups were manufactured again. I do think, with the new restraints, they should also tinker around with the train mechanics (Making dispatch times much quicker). Thanks for the info Shane, it's good to hear the manufacture improving it's older, yet effective (imo) model.

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. ~Theodore Roosevelt
Thanks given by:  Fur Dozy
05/04/17 at 05:57pm in Rumor: B&M to Debut Third Generation Stand-up Coaster (Latest Edit: 05/04/17 at 05:57pm by Gavin.)
Ow, my groin already hurts.
As a person with a chronic illness, I thought my day couldn't get any worse.
Thanks given by:  RollyCoaster
This would be better news if it was April 1st.

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser
My brain hurts.

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
This might be far-fetched, but what if BGW is the one planning to get this? They have done a lot with B&M in the past.
05/04/17 at 10:08pm in Rumor: B&M to Debut Third Generation Stand-up Coaster (Latest Edit: 05/04/17 at 10:13pm by The Hessian.)
And..... right there just like that you've lost me.

"Proud son of Old Virginia"
(05/04/17 10:08pm)The Hessian Wrote:  And..... right there just like that you've lost me.

I think he is trying to link this with BGW's line of site test the other day. But given that the park has filled nothing with JCC yet and that track is supposedly already being produced forbthe right I don't see that it fits.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |