ParkFans Logo

Food & Wine Festival 2017

04/21/17 at 09:12pm in Food & Wine Festival 2017 (Latest Edit: 04/21/17 at 09:34pm by Kyle.)
Looks like Scotland is getting its share of the Food & Wine Festival this year with one of the two new booths announced! I'm sure this will be a welcomed addition.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:  horsesboy, Zachary, Merboy, Connor, BGW Family, Alf33, jornor, deacfan31
04/24/17 at 11:30am in Food & Wine Festival 2017
I'm guessing this kiosk in Scotland would be India since Vesuvius Grille already had a renovation that looks Mediterranean. Besides, Scotland already has enough alcoholic drinks so I doubt it would be the new Cocktail Bar.

"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Kyle, Zachary, jornor
04/24/17 at 05:45pm in Food & Wine Festival 2017
Will that area be across from the clydsdale carousel and smoking section or did they remove that smoking section? If the smoking section is still there, seems like a bad place to put a food location. I always thought a smoking section near a kids ride was bad form.
04/24/17 at 06:27pm in Food & Wine Festival 2017
Okay so I don't smoke and I never have nor will I ever but I *love* walking through clouds of certain types of cigarettes because it reminds me going out dancing at dive bars.

Is that weird?

The Lantern Light.com
Thanks given by:  MAZ, Nicole, sufpadd, Zimmy, Alf33, Nicksboo
04/24/17 at 06:31pm in Food & Wine Festival 2017
Yes. Surprised

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Merboy
04/24/17 at 06:32pm in Food & Wine Festival 2017
Fair enough.

The Lantern Light.com
04/24/17 at 07:02pm in Food & Wine Festival 2017
I can appreciate loving dive bars.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Merboy, MAZ, Alf33, jornor
04/24/17 at 07:35pm in Food & Wine Festival 2017
I can appreciate sweet smelling cigarettes. (Haven't had one in almost 5 years)

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Merboy, Alf33
04/24/17 at 08:31pm in Food & Wine Festival 2017
(04/24/17 05:45pm)jpcommons Wrote:  Will that area be across from the clydesdale carousel and smoking section or did  they remove that smoking section?  If the smoking section is still there, seems like a bad place to put a food location. I always thought a smoking section near a kids ride was bad form.

To answer your question, yes its across from Lil Clydes. And the smoking section was removed from there. The closest smoking section is to the left of Abbey Stone Theater.

Braving the Black Forest
Thanks given by:  Zachary, VACoasterFan, jpcommons
04/30/17 at 03:22pm in Food & Wine Festival 2017
How does the Vesuvius Grill renovation look?

Stop trying to make consensus happen. It's not gonna happen.
04/30/17 at 04:00pm in Food & Wine Festival 2017
(04/30/17 03:22pm)Sky Wrote:  How does the Vesuvius Grill renovation look?
I think it looks prett good but take a look for yourself.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:  Sky, sufpadd, BBW, Shane, Alf33, jornor
05/01/17 at 09:39am in Food & Wine Festival 2017
Menus and locations are up on the website. I'll miss the France booth.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, mountaineers, jornor
05/01/17 at 12:14pm in Food & Wine Festival 2017
Really excited about some of the offerings this year. Anyone know what discount if any platinum passholders recieve off the sampler tickets?
Thanks given by:  jornor
05/01/17 at 01:14pm in Food & Wine Festival 2017
This year, I am NOT going to avoid the F&W Festival, as I have in the past. What are your DON'T MISS food recommendations? Smiling
Thanks given by:  jornor
05/01/17 at 01:49pm in Food & Wine Festival 2017 (Latest Edit: 05/02/17 at 08:22am by Nicole.)
Here is our comprehensive review of the 2016 F&WF; and here is a broader look at the event.

Both have specific recommendations:  

"This year we have decided to split our report into two parts: (1) an overview of the booths and (2) a review of the festival as a whole. The former will include our favorite dishes from each kiosk, while the latter, which we will publish next week, will highlight other recommended entrees and our selections for best dessert. We once again elected to rate the sweets against each other, rather than comparing them to the savory options at each kiosk, and as a result, each has its own “Best in Booth.”  We did not select a favorite entree or dessert, when there was only one available; first place was not given by default."

We will be doing the 2017 review the first weekend, and will hopefully publish before the second.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  horsesboy, Zimmy, BBW, jornor, GeoUSA, Kyle

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |