ParkFans Logo

2017 KD App Refresh

04/13/17 at 03:17pm in 2017 KD App Refresh (Latest Edit: 04/13/17 at 03:19pm by Loewen.)
Just noticed the KD App finally updated yesterday.  Homescreen seems to just be a newsfeed and I can't seem to add my season passes.  Park map DID finally update...Shockwave has officially been removed...which anyone who had been using the app all last year knows was an issue ha.  Hoping the next refresh will fix the pass issue.  A bit disappointed especially after seeing how robust the Carowinds app refresh was that links to your FB account and includes ride wait times.            
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary, jornor
04/13/17 at 03:31pm in 2017 KD App Refresh
The app is pretty useless outside of the park. Wait times don't show until you are at the park.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:  Zachary, Loewen, Nicole
04/13/17 at 03:39pm in 2017 KD App Refresh
(04/13/17 03:31pm)Gavin Wrote:  The app is pretty useless outside of the park. Wait times don't show until you are at the park.

Ahh-- thanks for that heads up. I just had high expectations of being able to judge how busy the park was using the app before heading up there. I'll try adding my pass once I'm on their network. Hope the app improves as it will give the park massive amounts of data about what visitors do/buy/eat/go.
Thanks given by:  Joe
04/13/17 at 03:51pm in 2017 KD App Refresh
(04/13/17 03:17pm)lsmick3 Wrote:  Just noticed the KD App finally updated yesterday.  Homescreen seems to just be a newsfeed and I can't seem to add my season passes.  Park map DID finally update...Shockwave has officially been removed...which anyone who had been using the app all last year knows was an issue ha.

Yeah it's about time, I sent them a note in late 2015 that it needed update and figured a reminder might help them fix it in the offseason.. I guess I should have suggested the 2015-2016 offseason Smiling
04/13/17 at 10:08pm in 2017 KD App Refresh
(04/13/17 03:17pm)lsmick3 Wrote:  A bit disappointed especially after seeing how robust the Carowinds app refresh was that links to your FB account and includes ride wait times.

I'm disappointed as well. The KD website says the new app is supposed to be just like the Carowinds app, with all those handy features like a digital pass. Maybe it's just not finished yet...?

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  Loewen
04/14/17 at 04:08pm in 2017 KD App Refresh
(04/13/17 10:08pm)Joe Wrote:  I'm disappointed as well. The KD website says the new app is supposed to be just like the Carowinds app, with all those handy features like a digital pass. Maybe it's just not finished yet...?

I guess not - a few days ago I saw a link on the mobile app for "Battle for Kings Dominion" as mentioned in the passholder preview night, but now I can't find it on the KD app anymore, so maybe not yet ready for prime time...
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Loewen, Zachary
04/18/17 at 01:32pm in 2017 KD App Refresh
The link you're referring to sent users to an empty app store listing. I was surprised that made it through QC. Glad to hear it's gone for the time being.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  jeffh

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |