ParkFans Logo

Project 2018: Infinity Falls- New Water Ride

04/13/17 at 11:46am in Project 2018: Infinity Falls- New Water Ride (Latest Edit: 04/13/17 at 11:52am by Nicole.)
The vertical lift concept sounds fun. The little hints to the seeming also seems interesting. It reminds me a little bit of Jurassic Park River Adventure. Not very many rapids rides have a good drop, but this one looks promising.

So, Intamin or Mack?

"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Eric, Fur Dozy, Lord Robert, Connor, CoasterJon18
04/13/17 at 11:47am in Project 2018: Infinity Falls- New Water Ride (Latest Edit: 04/13/17 at 11:56am by Eric.)
sounds awesome! In an article I read it's says that the whole area by terrace bar and the pass member lounge will become a forest themed area to go along with the ride.

Rollercoaster?,oh, you must be talking about our festa landscaping project!
Thanks given by:  Nicole, CoasterJon18
If construction machinery weren't needed, they wouldn't need to theme it with trees. That's one of the most well-shaded areas in SeaWorld Orlando. If they can somehow keep it that way, then I don't have a problem with this ride. Typically a rapids ride is one that I think is best left in the 90s at the latest, but it might be a refreshing change to get one with a unique lift and a notable drop. Then again, this type of ride can get kind of rough with more interesting maneuvers.

"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
Forgive me, if this is answered elsewhere (I am at work). What will be the affect on the Terrace Café and the Pass Member Lounge? And does this mean the Sea Gardens are being replaced with ride theming? I would be very sad to see them go...

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
(04/13/17 11:46am)CastleOSullivan Wrote:  So, Intamin or Mack?

Intamin
Thanks given by:  Nicole
04/13/17 at 01:30pm in Project 2018: Infinity Falls- New Water Ride (Latest Edit: 04/13/17 at 01:34pm by Unagi.)
Some details...

Description
Featuring the world’s tallest drop on a river raft ride, the adventure will immerse guests in a lush, freshwater rainforest while sharing the importance of water conservation. SeaWorld’s new river rapids ride connects the entire family with the awesome power of water and its importance to our planet in a thrilling way that cannot be experienced anywhere else.

Highlights
• Riders experience the excitement of category IV rapids
• Unique elevator lift creates the world’s tallest drop on a river raft ride
• Family-friendly thrill ride for all ages
• New village area to explore, and actively participate in helping freshwater ecosystems from inside the park

Theme
Not long ago, a drone sent to explore the jungles of South America discovered previously uncharted structures in a remote area along the banks of a freshwater river. A group of explorers and scientists were sent to investigate the discovery. Upon arrival they set up base camp near an abandoned structure. They studied and explored the river, falling in love with its power and the nature living along its banks. Inspired by the river, they developed a sustainable camp for others to visit and explore so they too, could learn more about the jungle and how their connection to the waters of the world.

Specifications
Type: River rapids ride
Manufacturer: Intamin Amusement Rides, Switzerland
Ride time: More than 4 minutes
Track length: 1,520 linear feet
Elevator lift: The first of its kind in North America
Drop height: 40 feet – the tallest river raft ride drop in the world
Rider height: 42”
Ride vehicles Custom-designed, 8-passenger rafts with an expedition theme

Thanks given by:  Nicole, Pretzel Kaiser, Zachary, Lord Robert, Connor, CoasterJon18
I'm intriguing by this choice. You don't see many parks building new raft rides and I had thought they were quite out if style.
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan, CoasterJon18
(04/13/17 01:46pm)Pretzel Kaiser Wrote:  I'm intriguing by this choice.   You don't see many parks building new raft rides and I had thought they were quite out if style.

The trend for building raft rides seemed to have waned a long time ago. However, this is Orlando and there never seems to be enough water attractions during the busy tourist seasons. The lines for rides like Kali River Rapids at Animal Kingdom, Splash Mountain at MK and Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges at IOA can get insanely long during summer.
Thanks given by:  Joe
Another reason for the drop off in building them is saturation. Pretty much anyone who's big enough to have one, has one.
Thanks given by:  Unagi, Joe
(04/13/17 03:14pm)mtpelepele Wrote:  Another reason for the drop off in building them is saturation.  Pretty much anyone who's big enough to have one, has one.

Good point.

Small parks like Kennywood and Holiday World even have them.
All fair points.
SWO is in desperate need of more water rides. This is very welcome.

Hello, my name is Chris, today is my birthday.

2010 Coaster Count:
Alpengeist: 34 | Apollo's Chariot: 66 | Griffon: 21 | Loch Ness Monster: 26 | Total: 147
Hopefully if this is a success, they can redo Roman Rapids... Because it sucks.

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan, Shane, Kyle
Something, something, BGW and Intamin.

Hello, my name is Chris, today is my birthday.

2010 Coaster Count:
Alpengeist: 34 | Apollo's Chariot: 66 | Griffon: 21 | Loch Ness Monster: 26 | Total: 147
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan, Shane
I'm sure someone else would come in to BGW if that were the case. Other manufacturers make rapids rides.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |