ParkFans Logo

Movies

04/11/17 at 10:09pm in Movies
I did a search for any movie threads and couldn't find anything. So if this is redundant I apologize.

But I just wanted to say that I just (finally) saw the live action Beauty and the Beast and oooommmmmmmmgggggggggg it was AMAZING!!! If you've not seen it then do yourself a favor and go see it. It is SO gooooooooooooddddd!!!!!! The songs, the dancing, the costumes, the sets, the effects, the acting, oh it was so good. Do it. Stop reading this and go see it. It was so lovely and so well done and even if you hate Disney this movie is absolutely enchanting. <3

The Lantern Light.com
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Jesy, ElsaManta, jeffh
04/11/17 at 10:17pm in Movies
James Corden's version is better! Tongue

YouTube Link
04/11/17 at 10:43pm in Movies
And you won't even need imdb for all your (inevitable) questions of "omg I know that voice! who is that?" because the credits show you the actors. This is important for those of you who are like myself and constantly going "wait I know that person... where do have I seen this actor?"

The Lantern Light.com
Thanks given by:  Nicole
04/11/17 at 11:21pm in Movies
Disney?

Meh.

Disney musical?

Double meh.

Glad you enjoyed it but I'll pass, or at the very least, wait until it's out on video.

A ParkFans Advisor for the people!
Thanks given by:  RollyCoaster, Merboy, Zimmy
04/12/17 at 06:23am in Movies (Latest Edit: 04/12/17 at 06:27am by Pretzel Kaiser.)
I'm at the point where 90% of the reason I'll go to see a mainstream animated movie is to admire the animation and the 10% being it has someone I'm a fan of. Without the animation, live action Disney films have little to draw me in.

That being said, in Moana, Jermain Clement plays a giant crab who sings a David Bowie inspired song. That was enough for the price of admission alone.
Thanks given by:  UncleDuncan, Merboy
04/12/17 at 11:53am in Movies
I'll take live action anything over animation any day.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Merboy, Zimmy
04/15/17 at 02:22am in Movies
Disney = Vocal Fry

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  Merboy
04/16/17 at 04:11pm in Movies (Latest Edit: 04/16/17 at 04:12pm by Merboy.)
(04/15/17 02:22am)Zimmy Wrote:  Disney = Vocal Fry

You either known Paris Hilton or you have studied Speech. With a capital S.

Also: Aw Frowning

The Lantern Light.com
04/17/17 at 03:54pm in Movies
Since we're on the subject of Disney...

Star Wars Celebration was this last weekend, and yet again no announcement was made to release the unedited original trilogy in HD (blu ray, digital, or otherwise). I guess Disney doesn't want my money.

I did pre-order Battlefront II, though.

04/17/17 at 08:48pm in Movies
I want Lapti Nek on bluray, damn it.

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
04/18/17 at 10:32pm in Movies
Disney doesn't own the rights to distribute the original trilogy or the prequels (original or Special Editions). Fox has distribution rights until 2020 but even then Fox will still own the original Star Wars film in perpetuity because they co-produced and co-financed it. The chances of it being released are not good.

You can find out in detail Here

H.R. Pufnstuff, Who's your friend when things get rough?
Thanks given by:  Zachary
04/20/17 at 08:57pm in Movies
On the subject of movies I will plug my all time favorite. If you can find it the movie Changeling staring Angelina Jolie isan incredible independent film. It tells the real life story of a single mother in LA in the 1920s whose son is kidnapped and her struggle with the male dominated police force.
Thanks given by:  Merboy
05/19/17 at 12:30am in Movies (Latest Edit: 05/19/17 at 12:33am by Pretzel Kaiser.)
Ridley Scott should retire, or at least be demoted to art director.

Alien Covenant was a beautiful but very dumb movie. It rewrites the canon of the first movie while totally deflating the origins of the titular alien. It also had one of the dumbest scenes of any Alien movie, AvP included.
05/19/17 at 12:53am in Movies
The only good alien movies are the first two Alien and Aliens. The rest of the films just fall flat in my opinion.

"Proud son of Old Virginia"
Thanks given by:  UncleDuncan
05/19/17 at 01:26am in Movies
Let's also not forget Ridley Scott's penchant for rewriting history, a la George Lucas. I'll never forgive him for trying to retrofit the narrative of Deckard being a replicant into Blade Runner.

Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |