ParkFans Logo

The Virginia Zoo Welcomes Two New White Rhinos, Expanding U.S. Gene Pool

04/11/17 at 11:44am in The Virginia Zoo Welcomes Two New White Rhinos, Expanding U.S. Gene Pool (Latest Edit: 04/11/17 at 11:46am by Nicole.)
The Virginia Zoo Wrote:The Virginia Zoo is proud to announce the acquisition of two juvenile White rhinos, Bora and Zina. The female rhinos arrived at the Virginia Zoo this weekend from the Singapore Zoo and will take residence in the Africa Okavango Delta.

“We are so excited to welcome these beautiful young rhinos whose gene pool is new to the United States,” said Greg Bockheim, Executive Director of the Virginia Zoo. “With less than 20,000 white rhinos left in the wild, Bora and Zina will contribute greatly to the future of their species,” Bockeim added.

Full Article

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser, horsesboy, Unagi, jornor, UncleDuncan, Alf33
I'm excited, but I'm terrified that they'll be poached if the zoo doesn't beef up security.
Thanks given by:  horsesboy, jornor, UncleDuncan, Nicole
(04/11/17 12:28pm)Pretzel Kaiser Wrote:  I'm excited, but I'm terrified that they'll be poached if the zoo doesn't beef up security.

Is this a joke? Is the zoo in a bad end of town or something?

Hello, my name is Chris, today is my birthday.

2010 Coaster Count:
Alpengeist: 34 | Apollo's Chariot: 66 | Griffon: 21 | Loch Ness Monster: 26 | Total: 147
Thanks given by:  jornor
Recently a white rhino was killed for its horn in a zoo in France.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zimmy, jornor, Fur Dozy, UncleDuncan
For some odd reason that made me think of the French animal control officer from the third Madagascar movie.

"Proud son of Old Virginia"
Thanks given by:  jornor

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |