ParkFans Logo

BGW park entry process

04/04/17 at 01:27pm in BGW park entry process
Has anyone confirmed whether the entry into BGW is using facial scanning? I was reading 2016 blogs and a few people that visited said attendants scan your card and then use a handheld device to scan/take pic of your face. Is this process repeated each time you enter the park? Also, it supposedly only takes a second or two to do this entry process.
Thanks given by:  jornor
04/04/17 at 01:30pm in BGW park entry process
yes, yes they are.

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
04/04/17 at 01:34pm in BGW park entry process
If by "facial scanning" you mean " they take pic/look at a pic of you", then yes.
Thanks given by:  dwatkins63, Nicole, jornor, Zachary
04/04/17 at 01:35pm in BGW park entry process (Latest Edit: 04/04/17 at 01:39pm by dwatkins63.)
So they are scanning the face each time upon entry to compare it to a pic on their screen which pops up after they scan the barcode on your card? I haven't experienced this yet and am trying to find out if it's just a picture they look at that pops p or if they are scanning your face each time and the computer compares it to your picture. Thanks for your response, Zimmy.

Pretzel Kaiser, you're saying it's not scanning, just a picture that's looked at like they would look at your ID/drivers license? That's where I'm confused because some say a scan is happening and some say it's just a picture. I've read about facial scanning and it all starts with a picture stored on a database and scans thereafter are compared to the original pic stored on the database. Thanks Pretzel Kaiser
04/04/17 at 02:06pm in BGW park entry process
It works just like the system the military uses. The first time you enter with a new pass they take your photo and it is stored in a database. The next time you enter, they scan your card, your face appears on the screen of the scanner and they compare your face to the photo.

Yesterday they asked me to remove my sun glasses. (they asked me to remove them when they took the initial photo as well.)

Thanks given by:  dwatkins63, jornor
04/04/17 at 02:14pm in BGW park entry process
I'm not familiar with the military method. So, at BGW your face is compared to the pic that pops up, but, how do they do the comparison to know its really the cardholder and not their brother/sister or twin. Do they use the handheld device to scan your face again which is then compared to the pop up pic?
04/04/17 at 02:28pm in BGW park entry process
I think you're looking into this way too much. It's a pic they take of you as seen on a handheld device.
Thanks given by:  jornor, Username, lazerdoc
No. They take your picture and then visually compare that initial digital photo with whomever is attempting to use the pass after that. I imagine identical twins could use each other's passes.

They check the name on your ID with the name on the pass, at the parking entrance, however.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  dwatkins63, jornor
No, they do not rescan, or at least they have not for me. I think they are just trying for a 99% fix here. Much more than that and we are back to full biometrics and massive slowdowns.
I really think this is one of those 80-20 situations. You get 80% done easily the last 20% is not worth the cost.

Thanks given by:  Nicole, dwatkins63, jornor
04/04/17 at 08:30pm in BGW park entry process
Do they take new pictures each season or do they use the first one they took last year? Because I need to coordinate my outfit.

The Lantern Light.com
Thanks given by:  Zimmy
04/04/17 at 08:40pm in BGW park entry process
(04/04/17 08:30pm)Merboy Wrote:  Do they take new pictures each season or do they use the first one they took last year? Because I need to coordinate my outfit.
Last year's one is Still in the system.
Thanks given by:  jornor, Merboy
04/04/17 at 08:57pm in BGW park entry process
Mine was in the system from last year, but then mysteriously disappeared on week two this season.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  jornor, Merboy
04/04/17 at 09:01pm in BGW park entry process
(04/04/17 02:14pm)dwatkins63 Wrote:  I'm not familiar with the military method. So, at BGW your face is compared to the pic that pops up, but, how do they do the comparison to know its really the cardholder and not their brother/sister or twin. Do they use the handheld device to scan your face again which is then compared to the pop up pic?

Once they scan you into the database, the rest is history. I believe the only answers to your questions lie in the matrix itself.
Thanks given by:  Celticdog
04/06/17 at 01:40pm in BGW park entry process
I havent been yet this year, but it sounds like the same thing they did last year. All I know is that this method is light years faster than the old finger scan. You get to say no to having your picture taken in front of the fountain much sooner than before.
04/06/17 at 11:14pm in BGW park entry process
(04/06/17 01:40pm)lazerdoc Wrote:  I havent been yet this year, but it sounds like the same thing they did last year. All I know is that this method is light years faster than the old finger scan. You get to say no to having your picture taken in front of the fountain much sooner than before.

The gate to the park it's self is the same but you are now required to show your ID if you are using a pass for free parking and its your actual ID not a photo in the system.
Thanks given by:  jornor, lazerdoc

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |