ParkFans Logo

Bring a Friend Passes for 2017

02/02/17 at 02:16pm in Bring a Friend Passes for 2017 (Latest Edit: 04/20/17 at 11:33am by Nicole.)
Has anyone heard if they will be bringing back the free bring a friend passes this year?  Is this something that usually gets announced at pass member appreciation day?
02/03/17 at 02:36am in Bring a Friend Passes for 2017
Absolutely.

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. ~Theodore Roosevelt
Thanks given by:  jpcommons, Username, jornor, Alf33
02/03/17 at 04:02pm in Bring a Friend Passes for 2017 (Latest Edit: 02/03/17 at 09:29pm by RollyCoaster.)
Out of curiosity, I had emailed Busch Gardens to see what guidelines are in place for bring a friend tickets. This is what was sent to me.

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your interest in Busch Gardens Williamsburg. This year there will be two Seasons, Summer and Fall, that active annual Pass Members will be able to bring one (1) guest each of the two Seasons with the FREE Friend Ticket. If you have a  Two-Park or Platinum Pass, then you can also bring one (1) guest to Water Country USA during the Summer Season when they are open. Also, the Pass Member must also come with their guest on the day of their visit.

As we get closer to our 2017 Operating Season Memorial Day Weekend, the Seasons for the FREE Friend Ticket will be posted on our website. We do look forward to the opportunity to entertain you and your guests.

Sincerely,

Linda

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Guest Correspondence Team

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. ~Theodore Roosevelt
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan, tigercoaster, Alf33, jornor, UberDaddy757
02/04/17 at 07:50am in Bring a Friend Passes for 2017
^ Did I misread something somewhere or perhaps it was for last year, but I thought I remember seeing there were 3 total bring a friend passes (1 each for spring, summer, and fall)? Obviously, it is only 2 for 2017, I was just trying to figure out where I might have read that.
02/04/17 at 03:28pm in Bring a Friend Passes for 2017
It was three seasons for free tickets last year (Spring, Summer and Fall), Spring was dropped this year leaving only two seasons for free tickets Summer and Fall.

"Proud son of Old Virginia"
Thanks given by:  tigercoaster, jornor, SWStevo
03/09/17 at 01:23pm in Bring a Friend Passes for 2017
Was looking through both the member guides that have been updated in the last week or so and bring a friend is no where to be found.

Also there is a note on the member page that one day ticket discounts are increasing by $10. 1 - 2 park passes now get $25 off and platinum $30 off single day friends and family tickets is how it's described in the member guides.

"Increased Ticket Discounts for Family & Friends

This year, Annual Pass Members receive an additional $10 off single-day admission ticket for visiting friends and relatives.

1-Park and 2-Park Pass Members receive $25 off Single-Day Tickets while Platinum Pass Members receive $30 off. There's so many exciting things planned for 2017 that you'll want your friends and family to share in the fun.

Discounted Single-Day Tickets are available for Busch Gardens through
Oct. 29, 2017 and Water Country USA through Sept. 10, 2017.

Pass Members can receive these discounts by one of three ways:

Logging in to the Pass Member site with a barcode and zip code
Scanning an active pass at a self-service kiosk located at the front of the park
Visiting any front-gate ticket window"
03/24/17 at 12:06am in Bring a Friend Passes for 2017
We are going to go to opening day and planning on bringing a friend. I logged into our account and didn't see any mention of 'Bring a friend' as it was offered last year (1 ticket per pass per season).  In 2016, I could sign-in and print off the bring a friend ticket.  

Under membership benefits it only lists: Discounted single-day guest tickets for family and friends.

Is this bring a friend offer historically available every year? 2016 was our first time as being annual pass members, and it was the main reason we went annual.
03/24/17 at 12:11am in Bring a Friend Passes for 2017
The reason for that is because the park removed the free ticket for the spring season this year. Thus it's just avliable for the summer and fall seasons so it still active this year.

Thanks given by:  jornor
03/24/17 at 12:13am in Bring a Friend Passes for 2017
Ah, what a bummer. You'd think the summer would be busy enough and they'd want to drive in traffic for the spring.
Thanks given by:  SWStevo, jornor
03/24/17 at 01:23am in Bring a Friend Passes for 2017
a lot of spring tickets were unused, and the park had to extend them into the summer which is why they probably did away with the spring ticket.
Thanks given by:  MAZ, jornor
03/24/17 at 08:32am in Bring a Friend Passes for 2017
As mentioned above, Summer and Fall are the only seasons they can be used. You can bring 1 friend, per season. So a total of 2 friends can come with you for free. If you also have a Water Country USA membership, the same applies.

03/26/17 at 09:34pm in Bring a Friend Passes for 2017
I cant find the email where they said it would be awarded in summer and fall, but I'm pretty sure they sent one. Lots of people on the BF Facebook page are saying that Guest Relations has told them the free friend pass will not be offered this year. Is it possible that they changed their mind and aren't going to offer the pass at in summer and fall after all?
Thanks given by:  SWStevo, jornor
04/04/17 at 11:29am in Bring a Friend Passes for 2017
Has anyone gotten confirmation on this one way or another? I find it extremely irritating either way, but still at least having summer and fall will be helpful. We always use the spring tickets for our son's birthday party and the fall tickets for our daughter's birthday party. Since the tickets are free, we spring for the dining plan for everyone, but it looks like it is not to be this year. We can't really justify 4 admission tickets and 8 meal plans. Surely the guests people were bringing were spending money in the park, I can't understand why they would remove this perk...
04/04/17 at 12:23pm in Bring a Friend Passes for 2017
I thought last year was the first year for this perk?
Thanks given by:  Username, Nicole, SMcS, jornor
04/04/17 at 12:24pm in Bring a Friend Passes for 2017
(04/04/17 12:23pm)jpcommons Wrote:  I thought last year was the first year for this perk?

It was

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |