ParkFans Logo

Mind Eraser - Vekoma SLC

03/23/17 at 12:02pm in Mind Eraser - Vekoma SLC
Some good news out of SixFlags New England. The park has purchased the newer style trains from Vekoma with the must more comfortable vest style restraint. This is even better news considering the earlier announcement that seemed like an odd decision to install the VR system on a Vekoma SLC. I initially thought that it was a terrible idea to put VR headsets on an SLC since you need to see where the train is going in order to brace your head and neck. (Still not 100% sold on the concept though).

It also appears that the queue will be split in two so riders who want to ride without VR will queue and riders with VR will be in a staging area to strap on and get setup. They will alternate back and forth with one train for regular rides and one train with VR. This should help increase capacity.

Check it out here.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  Connor, Nicole, Zachary, RollyCoaster
03/23/17 at 12:40pm in Mind Eraser - Vekoma SLC
I hope they engineer a better approach to the split queue than SFA did last year on Superman. They just created two lines in the regular switch backs. It was virtually impossible to tell that there were two separate queues, until you got close to the station. We also got blocked from passing the VR line by a aggressively drunk/high guest, who was blocking the entire area.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Zachary
03/23/17 at 02:51pm in Mind Eraser - Vekoma SLC
That's ridiculous. Hopefully it's all clearly marked. I imagine if this is something SixFlags wants to do permenently they'll have proper signage.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  Nicole
03/23/17 at 03:51pm in Mind Eraser - Vekoma SLC
I thought T3 was an enjoyable enough ride with it's trains. Prevented any headbanging, though my thighs were abit sore after. Mind Eraser at SFNE was by far the worse SLC i've ridden (of 4). Glad to hear Six Flags doing this for Mind Eraser. Hopefully, the rest of Six Flags fine collection of SLC's could see new trains in coming years.

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. ~Theodore Roosevelt
Thanks given by:  Zachary

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |