ParkFans Logo

Carowinds 2017

02/06/17 at 10:27am in Carowinds 2017 (Latest Edit: 02/06/17 at 10:31am by BGW Family.)
Construction on the new County Fair continues. Cobra was re-painted while they dismantled the water slide last year. The Rock N Roller has been in for a few weeks. The foundation to the other three rides are in place. The park's social media outlets have been full of pictures for construction as well as ride parts being prepared. They posted a video of the Top Scan base arm being hoisted into place. Local news outlets have had segments on the Top Scan install and Fury325's off-season maintenance. The base to the Troika was installed last week.

Carowinds Twitter

On the less publicized side, White Water Rapids was quietly dismantled without any public announcement. Drop Tower has finally received a paint refresh. Hurler is having turn two re-tracking, perhaps turn three also. Goldrush had some work going on. I've heard the planter across the bridge from the entrance plaza has been removed.

County Fair Webcam

November -

February -

Wisdom from a mug ~ In the time before airlines & electricity, the countries of medieval Europe developed distinctive styles architecture suited to their regions. Traditions & culture grew separately as well. The diverse heritage of many Americans is celebrated here in Busch Gardens at Williamsburg.
Thanks given by:  SWStevo, Kyle, Zachary
02/06/17 at 03:24pm in Carowinds 2017 (Latest Edit: 02/06/17 at 03:28pm by BGW Family.)
Posted today on Carowinds Twitter.

Carowinds Wrote:Notice anything different?

Wisdom from a mug ~ In the time before airlines & electricity, the countries of medieval Europe developed distinctive styles architecture suited to their regions. Traditions & culture grew separately as well. The diverse heritage of many Americans is celebrated here in Busch Gardens at Williamsburg.
Thanks given by:  Kyle, Zachary
02/09/17 at 07:08am in Carowinds 2017
Quick question, can a platinum pass purchased at Kings Dominion purchase 'bring a friend' tickets at Carowinds?

Where? Behind the rabbit?
02/09/17 at 11:53am in Carowinds 2017 (Latest Edit: 02/09/17 at 11:57am by BGW Family.)
Carowinds says yes, you can. The usual discounts on the Bring a Friend calendar are valid for up to six (6) friends per Passholder per day. Lots of good $19.99 choices and one $15 night. However, that is a 5PM-10PM night. SCarowinds and WinterFest Season Pass Bring A Friend calendars will be released in Summer 2017

Thanks given by:  MAZ, Zachary
02/09/17 at 01:08pm in Carowinds 2017
Hard hat tour happening now. Up to date photos on progress.

Coaster101 Twitter

GoCarolinas Twitter

Thanks given by:  Zachary
03/02/17 at 02:11pm in Carowinds 2017
Wasn't sure where to post this question but since it's regarding to this year I decided this was the place. I go to Carowinds about twice a year but never have ridden Nighthark due to the bad rep I often hear about. I enjoy Batwing and Firehawk, just wasn't sure if Nighthawk would cause me torture. Can a Carowinds native tell me the real deal with Nighthawk. Should I continue my streak of not riding it? Is there a particular seat that is recommended? Time of day?

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. ~Theodore Roosevelt
03/02/17 at 03:12pm in Carowinds 2017
I think it is a body beater. Try it at least once. Go first thing in the morning since the 90-minute-plus wait later in the day is not worth it. The front seems smoother.

On another note, the are now offering a Season Pass Fast Lane Plus at $125 only to season pass members. All Summer front of the line access. It does not include SCarowinds nor Winterfest.

Thanks given by:  Nicole, RollyCoaster
03/02/17 at 03:55pm in Carowinds 2017
We're planning to go opening weekend.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
03/13/17 at 03:06pm in Carowinds 2017 (Latest Edit: 03/14/17 at 09:18am by BGW Family.)
The Cobra train is currently valleyed. They appear to be removing it with a crane.

Edit: Static shot of valleyed train to replace live still.

Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary
03/13/17 at 03:14pm in Carowinds 2017
ugh, that must be a pain. better than a valley on the cobra roll though...

Hello, my name is Chris, today is my birthday.

2010 Coaster Count:
Alpengeist: 34 | Apollo's Chariot: 66 | Griffon: 21 | Loch Ness Monster: 26 | Total: 147
Thanks given by:  SWStevo
03/13/17 at 03:44pm in Carowinds 2017
(03/13/17 03:14pm)Fur Dozy Wrote:  ugh, that must be a pain. better than a valley on the cobra roll though...

Parks will sometimes purposely valley a train during the offseason. It gives the maintenance team practice on removing it or moving it back to the station in case they need to do so during seasonal operations. Canada's Wonderland did that with Behemoth.
Thanks given by:  SWStevo, Zachary
03/13/17 at 09:46pm in Carowinds 2017 (Latest Edit: 03/13/17 at 10:18pm by Gavin.)
(03/13/17 03:06pm)BGW Family Wrote:  ...I'd post a shot, but I'm getting a 500 Internal Server Error...

My bad, seems like we ran out of storage space on our server. All fixed now.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, BGW Family, SWStevo
03/14/17 at 03:25pm in Carowinds 2017 (Latest Edit: 03/14/17 at 03:26pm by BGW Family.)
A full day later and the lead car is removed. The yellow object in the loop.

Thanks given by:  SWStevo, Zachary
03/20/17 at 12:02pm in Carowinds 2017
They seem to have canceled their Media Day on Thursday, Still saying they will be ready Pass Member Day, though.

Thanks given by:  RollyCoaster, SWStevo, Zachary
03/30/17 at 07:24pm in Carowinds 2017
Got a good view this time! Staying at Comfort Inn.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  RollyCoaster, Zachary

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |