ParkFans Logo

New eatery in France for 2017?

01/28/17 at 07:42pm in New eatery in France for 2017? (Latest Edit: 01/28/17 at 10:30pm by Rhaw757.)
I chose to post this as a rumor since nothing has been officially announced by the park (that I know of).

Like I mentioned in the Invadr thread, my step dad works as a building inspector for James City County and got a work order to inspect a building in Busch Gardens for a new eatery in France called France Fries (was the name on the permit he said). He's not all that familiar with the park, so he couldn't tell me exactly where it was.

So nothing major, but interesting nonetheless, especially during these slow months while not much is going on in park news.
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan, Username, Joe, Merboy, jornor, Alf33
01/28/17 at 09:38pm in New eatery in France for 2017?
I can confirm that a new eatery of some kind is taking over the old La Grande Glace location. From what I've heard, a complete gutting of the building is involved. Very interested to see what the finished product will look like.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zimmy, CastleOSullivan, MAZ, Joe, Lord Robert, VikingvadR, John, Merboy, jornor, Alf33, Imaginique
01/28/17 at 10:14pm in New eatery in France for 2017?
I hope they sell traditional turkey legs and churros!

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  Nicole
01/29/17 at 12:38am in New eatery in France for 2017?
Those are already for sale in Cafe Lulu. But you can never have too many insults to French cuisine.

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Merboy, halfabee, Brandon, Celticdog, Zachary, phurst, Zimmy, TrevorBondi
01/29/17 at 01:57am in New eatery in France for 2017?
I really hope they can find a way to portray some authentic French cuisine. French cuisine is difficult to do in a theme park setting. The park struggles enough with their current setups. Let's see how they manage a more difficult food variety.

While I applaud the park on all of their new food options from last year (Marco Polo's Marketplace, F&W Festival, etc), I also feel like the quality dropped as soon as it was made right. The attention throughout the park last year seemed too scattered because as soon as culinary fixed one restaurant, they would move on to the next one. Then the previous restaurant would go back to their old (bad) habits due to new/transferred employees.

I'm sure they will pull off something visually stunning, maybe even from a taste standpoint initially, but I'm still skeptical about the food remaining consistent.

"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
Thanks given by:  Lord Robert, Merboy, deacfan31
01/29/17 at 03:21am in New eatery in France for 2017?
If they were to make these fries into poutine... I wouldn't complain.

Thanks given by:  deacfan31
01/29/17 at 10:47am in New eatery in France for 2017? (Latest Edit: 01/29/17 at 10:49am by Nicole.)
No knowing actually if french fries will play a central role at this new eatery, I still need to point out that they are actually Belgian, not French.

And, Thomas, doesn't poutine belong in New France, since it originated in Quebec?

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Unagi
01/29/17 at 02:37pm in New eatery in France for 2017?
Yes, but this is BGW we are talking about... And, honestly, as long as I have easy access to poutine I will forgive any inaccuracies.

01/29/17 at 03:36pm in New eatery in France for 2017? (Latest Edit: 01/30/17 at 10:59am by Lord Robert.)
Last year it was the Marketplace, now this new eatery is replacing La Grande Glace in France? Interesting two seasons when it comes to it's culinary department that I'm sure they'll pull this one off to.

"There is no living without honor." -Mademoiselle D'Artagnan
Thanks given by:  jornor
01/30/17 at 09:32am in New eatery in France for 2017?
I miss La Grande Glace. Lulu's and Josephine's is fine and all, but what I want is an ice cream shop where I can pick the ice cream, the number of scoops, and the toppings. Not a predetermined item from a menu. I went to Josephine's last year wanting strawberry ice cream in a waffle cone with chocolate sprinkles. That's all. But they didn't offer that.

And I agree with CoS, the quality of food does seem to revert after a while. I noticed in Festhaus the quality definitely has declined a bit. Pity, really.

The Lantern Light.com
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Alf33, CastleOSullivan, deacfan31, Imaginique
01/31/17 at 07:34am in New eatery in France for 2017? (Latest Edit: 01/31/17 at 07:35am by Alf33.)
(01/30/17 09:32am)Merboy Wrote:  I miss La Grande Glace. Lulu's and Josephine's is fine and all, but what I want is an ice cream shop where I can pick the ice cream, the number of scoops, and the toppings. Not a predetermined item from a menu. I went to Josephine's last year wanting strawberry ice cream in a waffle cone with chocolate sprinkles. That's all. But they didn't offer that.

I sent an email to Customer Relations a little while ago suggesting this exact same thing! You should do the same as the more of us that request it the more likely they'll implement it. I miss getting a cone with premium ice cream and then sitting down and watching people go buy, especially during HOS. I also find it ironic that Josephine's has a sundae named Chocolate Chip Cookie dough that doesn't actually have that flavor of ice cream in it.
Thanks given by:  Merboy, horsesboy
01/31/17 at 11:59am in New eatery in France for 2017? (Latest Edit: 01/31/17 at 12:01pm by Thomas.)
I think Roman Frieze could easily fill the void left by La Grande Glace, but last time I checked they only served that horrid soft serve garbage in there. The main issue is that Pralines and Cream (the superior ice cream flavor) is no longer easily acquired at the park... I think it's only served on a certain variety of funnel cake nowadays.

At least we have the gelato stand.

Thanks given by:  Merboy
01/31/17 at 04:02pm in New eatery in France for 2017?
Does London Dairy server Soft Serve? I haven't entered that shop in a least a decade.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
01/31/17 at 04:49pm in New eatery in France for 2017?
I think almost everywhere at BGW serves that sludge.

01/31/17 at 07:39pm in New eatery in France for 2017?
I still miss the pomegranate smoothie that they had for the first two months or so.

Anyway, I doubt there will be room for any indoor dining with the new restaurant but that area of the park needs some.

"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
Thanks given by:  Nicole, deacfan31, jornor, Merboy, Connor

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |