ParkFans Logo

"Taste of Virginia" Festival coming in 2017

01/26/17 at 05:59pm in "Taste of Virginia" Festival coming in 2017 (Latest Edit: 02/01/17 at 06:35pm by Joe.)
Uh oh.

The 2017 Special Events page has been updated on Kings Dominion's website, and Spring Bloom Festival isn't on the list. It's possible the event could be added to the page later (perhaps some details are still being worked out), but that's not a very good sign.

We know Chef Paul, who played a huge role in the event for the past two years, has left and hasn't been replaced yet. But Spring Bloom is/was a fantastic event, and if it is gone (especially without a replacement), that's a major bummer and massive hit to the park's lineup.

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Luke, Zimmy, jornor, John
The massive scale of the new things they're adding this year has to be paid for somehow. Frankly, I'll be surprised if they can afford to put on Haunt.
I am hoping they are still in the planning stages for the park events. Except opening weekend/preview night the list lacks any events that are truly park organized. The listed events they have are pretty simple- it just requires them to put it on the calendar and set up a table (I may be completely incorrect in my assumption though).
Thanks given by:  jornor
01/28/17 at 02:08pm in "Taste of Virginia" Festival coming in 2017 (Latest Edit: 01/28/17 at 02:09pm by Evan.)

Maybe this could be the replacement?

Coaster Count: 115

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~ Walt Disney
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary, SMcS, Joe, John, jornor
01/28/17 at 02:24pm in "Taste of Virginia" Festival coming in 2017 (Latest Edit: 01/28/17 at 02:24pm by Zachary.)
Looks like the Spring Bloom replacement to me! Very curious to see who they have in charge of this event with Chef Paul gone...

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Nicole
The world has less meaning with Chef Paul gone. Frowning

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
I've always felt that the added decoration and flowers should be there regardless of a special event or not. They make the park very nice in the springtime and should always be there.

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Joe
Taste of VA? Curious as to if a Franklin County shine stand finds its way into the lineupWinking

Jokes aside this seems like a very cool event. Read some rave reviews for Taste of the Carolinas, hopefully this delivers just as well.
I predict pig

Thanks given by:  Nicole
Should the thread title be changed?

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Official description and dates have been released:
Kings Dominion Wrote:Image

05/06/17, 05/07/17, 05/13/17, 05/14/17, 05/20/17, 05/21/17

Virginia is for Lovers! Whether you love food, wine, beer, or coasters…Kings Dominion’s brand new event, Taste of Virginia, is sure to delight. North, south, east and west…we are taking you on a culinary journey through the commonwealth. Check back for more details.

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Those aren't very many dates.

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Given how quick they ran out of beer the last culinary event they had, I'll be surprised if they can manage those dates.
During the season pass preview night, the speaker mentioned this event and said that they were arranging to have a guest from a famous distillery in VA and would announce in coming weeks - I figured it was Tim from Moonshiners and it is, he will be at KD on May 13th.

https://www.kingsdominion.com/play/event...f-virginia
Thanks given by:  Joe, Zimmy, BBW, Zachary
Cool! He makes a good product. I have said for some time now that I wish they would use our local legal Moonshine for the park.

Thanks given by:  jeffh, Zachary

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |