ParkFans Logo

2017 Operating Calendar

01/06/17 at 09:51pm in 2017 Operating Calendar (Latest Edit: 01/07/17 at 12:16pm by Gavin.)
So KD has posted their Operating Calendar through Labor Day, as well as Soak City's. The first thing you will notice is that none of the dates for Haunt are up which I don't ever recall them not posting them at the same time as the regular season hours. The other thing is that they are ending daily operation on the last full week of August which they have never done before.

Opening Day is set for March 25th.

https://www.kingsdominion.com/hours-directions

This maybe KD's shortest season ever.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, MAZ, jornor, horsesboy
01/07/17 at 04:03pm in 2017 Operating Calendar
(01/06/17 09:51pm)Gavin Wrote:  The other thing is that they are ending daily operation on the last full week of August which they have never done before.

This maybe KD's shortest season ever.

It looks like they added three Fridays in April to the 2017 schedule, which they haven't had in previous years. So, they lost four days but gained three.

I did notice that there are more 11:30 openings this year, especially in the spring, which is disappointing. I guess the operating budget has been cut. Frowning

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  jornor, Nicole
01/07/17 at 04:22pm in 2017 Operating Calendar
No way they're getting rid of their Halloween Haunt or whatever, I know it is wildly popular though have not been since I was like 12 years old. They're probably re-vamping or re-tweaking the whole Haunt and dates and what not, who knows.
01/07/17 at 06:05pm in 2017 Operating Calendar
(01/07/17 04:22pm)jornor Wrote:  No way they're getting rid of their Halloween Haunt or whatever, I know it is wildly popular though have not been since I was like 12 years old. They're probably re-vamping or re-tweaking the whole Haunt and dates and what not, who knows.

Haunt is the main reason I get season passes, probably would not get them if it were not for that.

They normally have a few weekend days in September that are blacked out private events, maybe getting the details on those dates nailed down is a factor.
Thanks given by:  horsesboy, jornor
01/07/17 at 10:45pm in 2017 Operating Calendar
(01/07/17 06:05pm)jeffh Wrote:  
(01/07/17 04:22pm)jornor Wrote:  No way they're getting rid of their Halloween Haunt or whatever, I know it is wildly popular though have not been since I was like 12 years old. They're probably re-vamping or re-tweaking the whole Haunt and dates and what not, who knows.

Haunt is the main reason I get season passes, probably would not get them if it were not for that.

They normally have a few weekend days in September that are blacked out private events, maybe getting the details on those dates nailed down is a factor.

ton of different factors at play here, but one thing is for (almost) certain: the Haunt is not going anywhere guys
01/07/17 at 11:09pm in 2017 Operating Calendar
Nobody said Haunt was going anywhere, just that the hours haven't been posted yet.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Joe, Zimmy
01/08/17 at 03:33am in 2017 Operating Calendar (Latest Edit: 01/08/17 at 03:44am by RollyCoaster.)
What coaster is clossing this year? You would figure since Shockwave was announced mid season and Hurler was Media day, that something would have shown up by now.

*Slowly chuckles at own joke hoping others follow suit, yet nobody did*

I just hope Planet Snoopy stays open longer during haunt. Make sure I get on those new rides while lines are short! Shall be lit.

*Thinks about life choices, smacks face, turns off computer before this goes on forever*

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. ~Theodore Roosevelt
Thanks given by:  jornor
01/08/17 at 12:23pm in 2017 Operating Calendar
(01/07/17 11:09pm)Gavin Wrote:  Nobody said Haunt was going anywhere, just that the hours haven't been posted yet.

Your original post implied that "they have never not posted the hours for Haunt before" and that "This maybe KD's shortest season ever." So yeah, nobody said it, but you heavily insinuated it.
01/08/17 at 01:45pm in 2017 Operating Calendar
(01/08/17 12:23pm)jornor Wrote:  
(01/07/17 11:09pm)Gavin Wrote:  Nobody said Haunt was going anywhere, just that the hours haven't been posted yet.

Your original post implied that "they have never not posted the hours for Haunt before" and that "This maybe KD's shortest season ever." So yeah, nobody said it, but you heavily insinuated it.

I disagree I never thought from the post that it was going away. They just stated the facts.
Thanks given by:  Gavin, jornor, Zimmy
01/08/17 at 05:29pm in 2017 Operating Calendar
Last year they didn't post Haunt hours (rather, anything after Labor Day) until later in the season.
Thanks given by:  Gavin, Joe, MAZ, jornor, SWStevo
01/09/17 at 11:57am in 2017 Operating Calendar
(01/08/17 01:45pm)horsesboy Wrote:  
(01/08/17 12:23pm)jornor Wrote:  

I disagree I never thought from the post that it was going away.  They just stated the facts.

I thought there were heavy implications of the Haunt going away in the O.P., I sincerely apologize. I guess reading online interpreting the context/tone of what was said, I took in the wrong way. Sorry guys.
01/28/17 at 12:08pm in 2017 Operating Calendar
Passholder Preview Night!

24 March 2017
5-9 pm

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  jornor, horsesboy, SWStevo
02/10/17 at 10:41am in 2017 Operating Calendar

There's a special presentation the night of the 24th. Based on their last attempt at this, I can comfortably say

Thanks given by:  SWStevo, MAZ, Caleb, Zimmy, Zachary
02/19/17 at 04:44pm in 2017 Operating Calendar
The full calendar has not yet been posted, but the Haunt page says "Haunt Will Return Fall 2017" -- not that there was much doubt that it was going anywhere but was mentioned above briefly...

https://www.kingsdominion.com/haunt
02/19/17 at 05:16pm in 2017 Operating Calendar
Thank goodness for that confirmation. I was really getting worried.

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser, Gavin

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |