ParkFans Logo

Howl-O-Scream 2017 Pre-Opening Discussion

10/31/16 at 10:06pm in Howl-O-Scream 2017 Pre-Opening Discussion (Latest Edit: 09/22/17 at 10:45am by Zachary.)
Here we are another year of Howl-O-Scream in the books. 2016 brought along a new house Circo Sinistro, a new Terror-tory (scarezone?) Sideshow Square, and upcharge Escape Rooms in Germany.

With the aging Bitten and Catacombs from 2009 still part of the line up will they finally be replaced? With a different take on how Terror-tories are done as seen in Sideshow Square being more reminiscent of a scare zone should we expect the future Terror-tories to be similar? Also, due to a change in management across the park how will HOS adapt to this change?

I think that sums this up, oh and the Nightmare Express along with Jack are clearly returning.

Where is Hummel Boy?
Thanks given by:  jornor, VikingvadR
(10/31/16 10:06pm)Connor Wrote:  I think that sums this up, oh and the Nightmare Express along with Jack are clearly returning.

Are you just speculating or do you have actual evidence to support this? From what I've understood the Nightmare Express was a hit or miss attraction that took away from a part of the park's transportation system and with how the parks have been switching event Icons in recent years I doubt that Jack is returning.

"Proud son of Old Virginia"
Thanks given by:  SWStevo
(11/01/16 12:45am)The Hessian Wrote:  Are you just speculating or do you have actual evidence to support this? From what I've unaerstood the Nightmare Express was a hit or miss attraction that took away from a part of the park's transportation system and with how the parks have been switching event Icons in recent years I doubt that Jack is returning.
Oh no I personally doubt it's returning I just feel that it's kind of brought up every year and turned into a joke. I could see them return some time in the future maybe for the 20th, but not for 2017. Then again I don't know what the parks planning for next year. Hopefully that cleared things up.

Back on track for 2017, I wonder if Wendigo Woods will leave the line-up due to InvadR? Re-theming the towers to a fort and just adding some viking styled props could easily turn the area into a Terror-tory to better reflect InvadR.

Where is Hummel Boy?
Thanks given by:  deacfan31, SWStevo, jornor, VikingvadR
11/01/16 at 01:30pm in Howl-O-Scream 2017 Pre-Opening Discussion (Latest Edit: 11/01/16 at 01:32pm by Merboy.)
I think a Nordic themed terror-tory would be awesome. There are some pretty gnarly creatures in Scandinavian mythology like trolls and frost giants and Loki and such.

The Lantern Light.com
Thanks given by:  SWStevo, jornor, deacfan31
Werewolves and the Draugr are my personal favorites.

"Proud son of Old Virginia"
Thanks given by:  Merboy, SWStevo, jornor
(11/01/16 03:07pm)The Hessian Wrote:  Werewolves and the Draugr are my personal favorites.
If they changed the terrortory and added draugrs that would be pretty awesome
Oak Island Creative Representative seen looking towards Verboltens waterfall on san marco bridge
Thanks given by:  jornor
12/23/16 at 05:39pm in Howl-O-Scream 2017 Pre-Opening Discussion (Latest Edit: 12/23/16 at 05:41pm by CastleOSullivan.)
That could be something interesting. Keeping in mind that they also work on Christmas Town, was there anything that made you think it was Howl-O-Scream related? Could they have just been working with lighting cables?

Edit: I just saw your similar post in the Christmas Town thread. I doubt this is Howl-O-Scream related.

"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
Thanks given by:  Luke, jornor
This confusion is why we discourage people from posting the same content to multiple threads.

Please continue this discussion in the Christmas Town thread.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
12/23/16 at 10:02pm in Howl-O-Scream 2017 Pre-Opening Discussion (Latest Edit: 12/23/16 at 10:06pm by Luke.)
(12/23/16 08:49pm)Nicole Wrote:  This confusion is why we discourage people from posting the same content to multiple threads.

Please continue this discussion in the Christmas Town thread.
(12/23/16 05:39pm)CastleOSullivan Wrote:  That could be something interesting. Keeping in mind that they also work on Christmas Town, was there anything that made you think it was Howl-O-Scream related? Could they have just been working with lighting cables?

Edit: I just saw your similar post in the Christmas Town thread. I doubt this is Howl-O-Scream related.
(12/23/16 03:36pm)BenWilkerson Wrote:  Oak Island Creative Representative seen looking towards Verboltens waterfall on san marco bridge

I replied back in that thread to avoid confusion.
http://parkfans.net/thread-3755-post-151...#pid151460
Thanks given by:  Nicole, jornor
I think that utilizing pressed budget money to re-theme one of the best Terror-tories they have, Wendigo Woods, simply on the account of their new coaster, would be a mistake.

There's many other areas of improvement for the event that I would rather see than an updated New France zone. Sideshow Square could really use some more love, and I think its about time Demon Street and Catacombs rest in pieces.
Thanks given by:  jornor, VikingvadR
The parks website states that HOS will run from Sept 23 - Oct 29 and that it will stay open until midnight and expand to select Thursdays. This is good news. Now lets see what new things they do in the park this year to hopefully keep on improving it.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Pretzel Kaiser, Connor, Merboy, Mike541x, SWStevo, CaptainPrism, CastleOSullivan, VACoasterFan, jornor
Thursdays are very interesting. I'm hoping it will help with the crowds.
Thanks given by:  VikingvadR, Merboy, SWStevo, Nicole, VACoasterFan, jornor
I hope they mean September 22, the 23rd is a Saturday Frowning I always take a half day from work on Friday for opening day. I don't know why, but a Saturday opening day is bothering me...
Thanks given by:  SWStevo, jornor, deacfan31
(01/18/17 06:02pm)Alf33 Wrote:  The parks website states that HOS will run from Sept 23 - Oct 29 and that it will stay open until midnight and expand to select Thursdays.  This is good news.  Now lets see what new things they do in the park this year to hopefully keep on improving it.

Sounds like they are recognizing potential and we could see some great new things that we haven't seen in years at Howl-O-Scream.
Thanks given by:  SWStevo, jornor

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |