ParkFans Logo

RMC Hurler

10/21/16 at 09:26pm in RMC Hurler (Latest Edit: 10/15/17 at 05:09pm by Zachary.)
Ok, it's time wrangle all of this discussion into one place. Going forward, this is the thread for rumors and discussion about Hurler's potential return in 2018.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Unagi, Joe, Kyle, SWStevo, jornor
10/21/16 at 10:57pm in RMC Hurler
First first first!!!Grinning Haha anyways I'll be going down there next weekend and do routine "checkups" at the boneyard since I live so close and have no life. But I believe we could start to see stuff rather soon...
Thanks given by:  Joe, Imaginique
10/22/16 at 12:06am in RMC Hurler
Constant updates from the community are always the best option. Look forward to seeing what you find!

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
10/22/16 at 07:44pm in RMC Hurler
If they make it half as good as Colossus (AKA My Precious), it'll still be better than any other coaster on the East Coast.

A ParkFans Advisor for the people!
Thanks given by:  SWStevo
10/27/16 at 09:04pm in RMC Hurler
I was driving up to Dc for the weekend and took a minor detour and drove down the road next to KD. I couldn't see much but there are signs that say staging area and a entrance cone off that has construction sign on it. So it looks like they may be prepping to start work shortly after the park closes this week.
10/27/16 at 09:08pm in RMC Hurler
It's rebirthed?
Thanks given by:  RollyCoaster
10/27/16 at 09:29pm in RMC Hurler
(10/27/16 09:04pm)horsesboy Wrote:  I was driving up to Dc for the weekend and took a minor detour and drove down the road next to KD.  I couldn't see much but there are signs that say staging area and an entrance cone off that has construction sign on it.  So it looks like they may be prepping to start work shortly after the park closes this week.

Or on their Planet Snoopy expansion that is slated to open next season...

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
10/28/16 at 06:13am in RMC Hurler
Make what you want of this:
http://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks...story.html

At the same time, questions about a Rocky Mountain upgrade of Hurler began percolating when Kings Dominion decided not to open the 22-year-old wooden coaster for the 2016 summer season. The ride’s unusual name references the 1992 Paramount film “Wayne’s World,” whose characters often used the word “hurl.” The ride originally featured a queue that passed through Wayne and Garth’s basement hangout. In September, according to Screamscape, speculation was further stoked when the park concluded its announcement about new attractions for 2017 with a cryptic message: “There’s really more coming.” Coaster fans immediately seized on another RMC reference. That was followed by another tombstone and a “rest in peace” video for Hurler that concluded with “for now” and then “2018.”

“We will make an official announcement about the future of the ride in the summer of 2017,” said Kings Dominion spokeswoman Katelyn Sherwood via email.
Thanks given by:  Joe, jornor
10/28/16 at 08:51am in RMC Hurler
How do you think they'll improve the overall layout with the track being so low to the ground?
10/28/16 at 11:28am in RMC Hurler (Latest Edit: 10/28/16 at 11:29am by John.)
(10/28/16 08:51am)madmax Wrote:  How do you think they'll improve the overall layout with the track being so low to the ground?

Low to the ground turns, overbanks, ect. Hurler's layout offers a plethora of potential. Hell, even the amount of land they can work with.

All dependent upon how true they stay to the original layout, budget, and other factors.
Thanks given by:  Joe, Zachary, jornor
10/29/16 at 11:40am in RMC Hurler
Based on what I have seen RMC do with existing coasters, who says the lift hill has to stay the same height, the track stay low to the ground, or the revamped ride stay in exactly the same layout? Heck, RMC could even bridge over the the existing haunt buildings to extend the layout if they wanted/needed to (Not sure if the HSXLC station would be removed entirely if the land was needed. I still can't figure out why the station structure has survived as long as it has without any real use for it.)
Thanks given by:  Joe, Unagi, MAZ, SWStevo, jornor
11/04/16 at 02:26am in RMC Hurler
You are right that they can change the height and layout of the ride. But they do try to avoid adding footers, as that's an expensive part of the process. In fact I can't think of anywhere on all the RMC conversions that footers were added. Take a look at Joker - they actually removed and reversed parts of the ride's layout, but they did it by stitching together the footers in creative ways. So unless CF is willing to pay way more for new footers and a totally different layout, those are the parameters they'll be operating under.

Honey, do y'all smell that? Smell that, that's the fragrance YOU CAN'T TAKE IT!
Thanks given by:  Unagi, jornor
11/04/16 at 11:26am in RMC Hurler
I wonder why they announced it so soon, I doubt construction is going to take a year and a half.
Thanks given by:  jornor
11/04/16 at 04:03pm in RMC Hurler
I didn't think the park officially announced anything other than "Hurler will Return" and other teases." I have a feeling they aren't going to start work for a while.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  Unagi, SWStevo
11/07/16 at 01:38pm in RMC Hurler (Latest Edit: 11/07/16 at 01:40pm by coasterdude205.)
I did a quick sketch up of what's there and area to expand if they did and it got me to thinking, if KD took hurler all the way past ricochet to do a turn around at the rebel yell/entrance to back water park it would look very cool. Going through the woods there could give it a feeling like grizzly almost which I really enjoy. Also the amount of land behind it is almost the same size of land hurler is already on.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:  SWStevo, jornor

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |