Kentucky Kingdom has published a press release via AmusementToday.com showing massive growth in the parks attendance numbers.
AmusementToday.com Wrote:LOUISVILLE, Kentucky — Kentucky Kingdom announced that it hosted 800,000 visitors during its recently completed 2016 season, surpassing last year’s attendance by more than 200,000 visitors. The majority of the increase is represented by out-of-state visitors, 78% from Indiana and Tennessee and the remaining 22% from the other 48 states.
“Over the past three years, Kentucky Kingdom has firmly established itself as a regional attraction and is now drawing visitors from all over the country,” commented Ed Hart, President and CEO. “Our goal is to reach 1 million visitors as early as next year and we expect much of the increase to come from out of state. Of course, we also value our season pass holders, who make up the majority of our local customer base. We’re dedicated to providing our season pass holders – and all of our guests – the best in family fun at affordable prices.”
Added Julie Johnson, Director of Sales and Marketing, “Delivering an outstanding experience for our guests is the key to our success. We offer a great selection of rides and attractions, beautifully landscaped grounds, a friendly staff, and a clean, safe, and fun environment.”
Aaron Banks, Kentucky Kingdom’s Executive Chef, who manages food quality, procurement, and catering, remarked, “This year, our food service staff prepared more than 80,000 catered meals. To satisfy our guests, we know how important it is to serve food of the highest quality. We pride ourselves on buying the best ingredients, preparing delicious food and presenting it well, and serving ample portions at reasonable prices. Frankly, the feedback from our guests has been terrific.”
Hart went on to say, “We are very grateful to both our full-time staff and our seasonal team members, many of whom are completing their third season with us. We could not have made Kentucky Kingdom the success it is today without their hard work and dedication. In cooperation with state and local officials, the Mayor’s office, the Louisville Convention and Visitors Bureau, and the Kentucky State Fair Board, we continue to work toward the goal we’ve always had, which is to develop the park into the state’s number one summertime destination for family fun. We will continue to do our best to deliver on that promise.”
Kentucky Kingdom 2017 season passes are now on sale for only $59.95 (plus tax) at all area Kroger stores. If purchased prior to October 31, 2016, the 2017 pass includes free drinks throughout the season. A season pass also comes with other valuable benefits, such as free parking and a 20% discount on all food and merchandise purchased in the park.
This is great news for a park that was left to rust away not even 6 years ago by SixFlags. Ed Hart has promised to make new additions to the park every year for the foreseeable future. It will be exciting to see what the park has in store for 2017.
Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count