ParkFans Logo

SeaWorld Makes 2017 Announcements

09/26/16 at 03:17pm in SeaWorld Makes 2017 Announcements (Latest Edit: 09/26/16 at 07:54pm by Zachary.)
Quote:SeaWorld Orlando today introduced a new pass that allows you to bring a different guest every day.

It works like this:

You buy an annual pass to SeaWorld for the normal price of $168. You can buy a second transferrable pass at the same time for $208. Whenever you visit on your "host pass", a different person can come with you using the transferrable one. So you can bring your husband one day, your mom the next, and so on.

You must buy a transferrable pass at the same time as a host pass. The holder of the host pass must accompany the person using the transferrable one.

The transferrable passes are good for one visit per day.

"It provides a level of flexibility that I think is new in the marketplace," SeaWorld Orlando park president Donnie Mills said.

SeaWorld also introduced a pass deal today that tacks on three months free. That means people can get 15 months worth of visits for the price of 12.

A transferrable pass that also includes SeaWorld's Aquatica water park costs $232. A host pass for both SeaWorld and Aquatica costs $192.

SeaWorld Entertainment also is offering the transferrable pass at its Sesame Place theme park in Pennsylvania.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/at...story.html

Looks like Sea World might be hurting a little more than we thought. I think this is a great idea though. Wonder if Busch will be included with all of this.

Project Geauga Lake - Photos! - BGW Crowd Calendar - Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest
Thanks given by:  Nicole, John, Eric, tursiops, Jesy
09/26/16 at 03:40pm in SeaWorld Makes 2017 Announcements
How long till we see this severely abused?

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
09/26/16 at 03:42pm in SeaWorld Makes 2017 Announcements
Immediately

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
09/26/16 at 03:55pm in SeaWorld Makes 2017 Announcements (Latest Edit: 09/26/16 at 04:03pm by Eric.)
I like the idea, but I honestly don't think it will turn out well. Unless your a die-hard SeaWorld park goer who brings friends all the time. I think you would just use your bring a friend for frees otherwise.

Rollercoaster?,oh, you must be talking about our festa landscaping project!
09/26/16 at 04:00pm in SeaWorld Makes 2017 Announcements
Hopefully they are just trying it out here before implementing it in the rest of the parks...

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
09/26/16 at 04:02pm in SeaWorld Makes 2017 Announcements (Latest Edit: 09/26/16 at 04:05pm by John.)
(09/26/16 03:17pm)netdvn Wrote:  Looks like Sea World might be hurting a little more than we thought. I think this is a great idea though. Wonder if Busch will be included with all of this.

It is rather scary how far SEAS's stock has dropped since Manby took over. There was such opptomism. The Hell happened? Since April this year around the time Manby announced no more Orcas it has dropped significantly. Hopefully this helps...

(Screenshot from today 9/26)
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan
09/26/16 at 04:05pm in SeaWorld Makes 2017 Announcements (Latest Edit: 09/26/16 at 04:07pm by Eric.)
Attendance reports, dividend cuts,killer whale shows ending, etc.

Thanks given by:  John, Zachary, CastleOSullivan
09/26/16 at 04:07pm in SeaWorld Makes 2017 Announcements
"SeaWorld shares sink to record low as attendance keeps falling"

Yup, sounds about right Eric. Let's see how this pans out.
Thanks given by:  Eric
09/26/16 at 04:18pm in SeaWorld Makes 2017 Announcements
Let's keep the financial discussion in the appropriate thread?

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Haberdasher1973, John
09/26/16 at 05:41pm in SeaWorld Makes 2017 Announcements (Latest Edit: 09/26/16 at 05:43pm by netdvn.)
Quote:SeaWorld Orlando will introduce Central Florida’s first virtual-reality roller coaster next summer, retrofitting Kraken with headsets to give riders the sensation of traveling through the sea amid mythical and prehistoric creatures.

Riders on Kraken will have the option of whether or not to don virtual-reality headsets attached to the roller coaster, covering their eyes and ears. They will hear music composed specifically for the ride as they embark on a deep-sea mission alongside the fictional Kraken and other animals. SeaWorld won’t say yet whether the images will be 3-D.

“We’re developing sort of our own technology on how we’re going to pull this off,” said Brian Morrow, SeaWorld Entertainment’s vice president of theme park experience design. “It’s nothing that you’ve seen from other parks.”

Kraken’s changes will be among $175 million worth of additions that SeaWorld Entertainment is announcing throughout its theme parks. In Orlando, that includes a remodeling of the Dolphin Nursery to allow underwater viewing, and a new Food and Wine-style festival.

“We’re really excited about this rolling out, if you will, all of these new experiences and having the opportunity to do it within one year,” SeaWorld Orlando Park President Donnie Mills said.

Employees at Kraken will sanitize headsets after each ride. Mills acknowledged that will slow down the loading process, although he didn’t have details about how much. Kraken may run more vehicles to compensate for that, he said. And more employees will be stationed at the ride to make the process smoother.

“I think the best rides you go on, you do have to wait a little bit because it creates anticipation,” Mills said. “I think that adds to the experience.”

New features in the queue will keep riders amused as they stand in line.

Kraken is SeaWorld’s oldest roller coaster. It opened in 2000.

SeaWorld wouldn’t identify the company developing the technology or give the costs specifically for the virtual-reality experience.

The company’s finances have been constrained as it has struggled with declining attendance. Last week, SeaWorld announced it would stop paying investors quarterly dividends.

Upgrading an existing ride can create a new experience more cheaply than building from scratch.

Theme parks have been slowly introducing more virtual reality. Six Flags has added headsets to some of its roller coasters giving riders the illusion of sitting in a fighter jet fending off aliens or in a helicopter fighting gargoyles. Universal Orlando this year has added a VR attraction for Halloween Horror Nights.

Virtual reality offers the smaller companies such as SeaWorld and Six Flags a way to compete "at a budget that is reasonable for them, Pacific Asset Management analyst Bob Boyd said.

They are "starting just around the edges to compete with the bigger theme parks as far as themed attractions," Boyd said.

“It clearly from a capital perspective is more efficient than Mako, building a ride from the ground up,” Mills said. “What I think the point here is, we’re looking at various options to bring differing experiences to SeaWorld. We want to make sure we’re appealing to a very wide audience and a very, very competitive market. I’m not going to hide from the fact that yes, it’s capital efficient, but that wasn’t the driver.”

Other changes at SeaWorld Orlando planned over the next few months:

* The park will renovate the Dolphin Nursery. Concrete will be replaced with acrylic windows allowing guests to see the animals underneath the water’s surface. Digital displays will teach visitors about behavior, biology and conservation. SeaWorld will also create new slide-out areas and a lifting floor, providing easier access for employees working with the dolphins.

* SeaWorld Orlando will introduce the Seven Seas Festival, a food extravaganza already at its San Diego and San Antonio parks. That will expand the number of food and music events to a total of 15 weekends in 2017, compared with about eight this year. (SeaWorld’s other events include Bands, Brew & BBQ and Viva La Musica.) The amount of space dedicated to the festivals also will expand. In May, SeaWorld will also add the Flamecraft Bar next to SeaFire Grill. Flamecraft will have 16 season craft brews. It will also feature outdoor seating.

* A new nighttime summer show called Electric Ocean will debut next summer. It will include bioluminescent lighting, music, fountains, live performances and a fireworks finale. Part of the show will be on the water at Bayside Theater. SeaWorld did not have details but “lighting is a key component of bringing Electric Ocean to life,” Mills said.

* A passholder lounge will open at SeaWorld’s Aquatica water park by Easter. SeaWorld opened a passholder lounge at its main park last year. Perks at the include concierge service, complimentary sunscreen, a private entrance to Banana Beach and private animal encounters.

* A new show will run Memorial Day through Labor Day at the Nautilus Theatre. A’Lure: The Call of the Ocean show closed there about a year and a half ago.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/at...story.html

Sea World rolls out with more announcements. Not a fan of Kraken getting VR, but the new nighttime show looks interesting.

Project Geauga Lake - Photos! - BGW Crowd Calendar - Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest
Thanks given by:  John, Eric, Nicole, Zachary, CastleOSullivan, CoasterJon18, Jesy
09/26/16 at 06:11pm in SeaWorld Makes 2017 Announcements
I am loving ALL of these changes, Kraken usually has no wait... ever, so I think it is the perfect pick to get VR, even more so since its a people eater also, the new show in the nautilus theater will be great too! any show in florida with air conditioning is great! Also, im so glad aquatica is getting a pass member lounge, the one a t seaworld is fantastic and im sure the one at aquatica will be great too. The dolphin nursery kind of surprised me, I know it a little dated but didn't think it needed to have a full refurb, but its still a welcome addition by me!

09/26/16 at 06:12pm in SeaWorld Makes 2017 Announcements (Latest Edit: 09/26/16 at 06:13pm by Haberdasher1973.)
(09/26/16 03:17pm)netdvn Wrote:  Looks like Sea World might be hurting a little more than we thought. I think this is a great idea though. Wonder if Busch will be included with all of this.
(09/26/16 04:00pm)Thomas Wrote:  Hopefully they are just trying it out here before implementing it in the rest of the parks...

Apparently it worked well enough at Sesame this year to roll it out further in 2017...

"I am not bound to please thee with my answers." ~Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice
09/26/16 at 06:34pm in SeaWorld Makes 2017 Announcements (Latest Edit: 09/26/16 at 06:50pm by Nicole.)
Um...no:

Quote:“I think the best rides you go on, you do have to wait a little bit because it creates anticipation,” Mills said. “I think that adds to the experience.”

Thanks given by:  Unagi, Zachary, CastleOSullivan, Joe
09/26/16 at 06:43pm in SeaWorld Makes 2017 Announcements
Quote:New features in the queue will keep riders amused as they stand in line.
You know I wonder what they will add to the queue, they added a couple of paintings to the walls fairly recently.

09/26/16 at 07:18pm in SeaWorld Makes 2017 Announcements
I'm intrigued by this, but mainly because I like dinosaurs and other prehistoric beasties.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |