ParkFans Logo

Food Truck Rally

09/25/16 at 06:26pm in Food Truck Rally
Apparently, there is a "Food Truck Rally" in Candy Apple Grove.  There are several food trucks along the path.  We don't see KD's truck, however.  I suppose they are busy with the Oktoberfest booths a few yards away.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Eric, Zachary, Mushroom
09/25/16 at 07:00pm in Food Truck Rally
Sorry to double post, but the more I think about this, the more confused I become.

The same weekend as the State Fair right outside the park and Oktoberfest inside the park, they have an unmarketed food truck event?

This weekend is already slow for KD. Why would they decide it is a good time to have a bunch of outside restaurants in Candy Apple Grove? We can't find anything about it on the KD site.

Someone help me with the logic.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Pretzel Kaiser, Eric, Mushroom, Unagi, Zimmy, MAZ
09/25/16 at 07:17pm in Food Truck Rally
This is the same park that hyped up three kiddy rides like a coaster...
Thanks given by:  Connor, Mushroom, horsesboy
09/25/16 at 11:30pm in Food Truck Rally
(09/25/16 07:00pm)Nicole Wrote:  Sorry to double post, but the more I think about this, the more confused I become.

The same weekend as the State Fair right outside the park and Oktoberfest inside the park, they have an unmarketed food truck event?  

This weekend is already slow for KD.  Why would they decide it is a good time to have a bunch of outside restaurants in Candy Apple Grove?  We can't find anything about it on the KD site.

Someone help me with the logic.

Well one possible idea is maybe this was an effort to free up staff by lightning the crowds at there own restaurants so that they had more hands to help with Octoberfest. I mean kd is traditionally short handed this time of year.
09/25/16 at 11:46pm in Food Truck Rally
Their other eateries were open.

Regardless, the timing is nuts. And what is the point in an unadvertised event.

Thanks given by:  strycker
09/26/16 at 12:06am in Food Truck Rally
(09/25/16 11:46pm)Nicole Wrote:  Their other eateries were open.

Regardless, the timing is nuts.  And what is the point in an unadvertised event.
I agree I was just throwingbout the only idea that even a tiny bit of sense to me. I know Jukebox wad close not sure if anything else was
Thanks given by:  Nicole
09/26/16 at 06:27am in Food Truck Rally
It would be nice if the park did the food truck rally during Haunt; especially on Saturdays. The food options are so limited during this time and, with the number of park visitors attending Haunt on a Saturday, these food trucks would be a big help. Plus, they would make a killing in sales.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Mushroom, Pretzel Kaiser, Zachary
09/26/16 at 12:39pm in Food Truck Rally
I totally agree mwhinva. Unfortunately I spoke to an executive who was checking out the event and he confirmed that they were only doing it this last weekend. Downright bizarre.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
09/26/16 at 03:58pm in Food Truck Rally
CONFIRMED! B&M WINGRIDER!

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
09/26/16 at 04:34pm in Food Truck Rally
It seems like someone set this event up to fail deliberately. I got a flyer at the toll both on the way in and it was the first I had heard of the event. I was shocked. I feel like I am pretty well informed when it comes to stuff like this and I though, wow, if I didn't know about it, how could anybody else!

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser, Zachary
09/26/16 at 04:37pm in Food Truck Rally
You got a flier? We got an Oktoberfest flier, but not one for the Food Truck Rally. We didn't know it existed, until we went to check out Trick or Treat.

09/26/16 at 04:46pm in Food Truck Rally (Latest Edit: 09/26/16 at 04:47pm by MAZ.)
The flyer was for Oktoberfest only, I like to chat with the toll people and they mentioned the rally and where it was located. Just to clarify.

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary
09/26/16 at 04:53pm in Food Truck Rally
What the fuck is KD doing?
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Mushroom, Eric, Zachary
09/26/16 at 07:12pm in Food Truck Rally (Latest Edit: 09/26/16 at 07:15pm by Eric.)
the world may never know...

but seriously they do need to get their act together, they've made themselves look pretty bad especially when BGW has been making some really good choices.

Rollercoaster?,oh, you must be talking about our festa landscaping project!
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary, Mushroom, Connor
09/26/16 at 07:51pm in Food Truck Rally
^This. I feel like they've lost all the momentum they had from 2013 up until 2015. They had the chance the chance to march themselves onto the same field as BGW and establish themselves as a serious player in the region and blew it.

And no, I don't think this has anything to do with Cedar Fair or Carowinds. We've seen the park time and time again make stupid, detrimental decisions that could only be the product of incompetent internal leadership.

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Eric

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |