ParkFans Logo

Cedar Point's Steel Giants

09/21/16 at 02:58pm in Cedar Point's Steel Giants (Latest Edit: 09/21/16 at 03:38pm by TrevorBondi.)
At 5:00PM this evening, my most ambitious cinematic video will be published to my YouTube channel. I've toiled on this video for about three weeks or so, and am finally proud to share this as my cinematic coasters video of America's Roller Coast.

Cedar Point's Steel Giants - Cinematic Roller Coasters

YouTube Link

I know I missed a bunch of coasters, but I only filmed a lot of shots of the most notable coasters. Also, please don't crucify me for not having any shots of Magnum, I was rarely in that part of the park and never got a worthy shot of it Frowning

As a quick run down of some of my favorite rides there:
Maverick - It's my new favorite coaster. It packs so many different elements in one complete, intense package. It's themed decently, provides great ejector airtime, fast launches, tight transitions, and a really smooth ride. It's everything I could ask for in a coaster.
Millennium Force - This coaster doesn't deserve the hate it gets. It's fast, smooth, has airtime that dwarfs that of the standard B&M hyper, and does all of this while providing a long ride through and over the treetops.
Gatekeeper - Is it forceless? Basically. Is it an awesome ride? Definitely. I loved Gatekeeper, it was such a fantastic experience in the front row on the last train of the night during a spectacular summer sunset. Very smooth and graceful.
Top Thrill Dragster - Loved everything about it except the length. I didn't feel it was fair to compare it to other coasters simply because there isn't enough substance to TTD.
Valravn - It was a good, fun dive coaster, but the vests kill a lot of the potential floating that happens on Griffon. I'd still rank it above Griffon because the layout isn't as repetitive and its a longer ride, but the actual diving wasn't as pronounced. The view, however, was terrific.
Raptor - A really fast paced B&M invert with snappy transitions and great forces. While I didn't appreciate the headbang the corkscrews provided, the rest of the coaster was a ton of fun.
Rougarou - I actually liked this a lot more than I expected to. It wasn't rough in my experience, it shuffled at the bottom of the dive loop and through the corkscrew, but it was pretty smooth otherwise. I would rank it above Dominator; I really liked the twisting transitions.
Magnum - I didn't really get the hype. It was fun I guess, but it was terribly uneventful. The coathangered arrow transitions that start banking about 100 yard too soon didn't help either.
Wicked Twister - Rode it in the back row; every launch made it progressively more rattley. I'm sure its fine in the front, but I wasn't sticking around to test that theory.
Skyhawk - Best. Flat. Ever.

EDIT: Please please please leave feedback with regards to the video! It helps me to improve next time I do something like this!

Lightning Rod - Maverick - Fury 325 - Skyrush- Intimidator 305 - Millennium Force - Stormrunner - Apollo's Chariot - Mako - Wild Eagle
Thanks given by:  Joe, Connor, RollyCoaster, SWStevo, Eric, netdvn, John, strycker, Jesy, Zachary, sufpadd, UnicornZiva, MAZ
09/23/16 at 08:31pm in Cedar Point's Steel Giants
Couldn't agree more about Skyhawk. My favorite flat ride ever, unfortunately it is like a ticking time bomb on when the cables will snap. BTW, great job on the video.
Thanks given by:  TrevorBondi, SWStevo
09/25/16 at 10:39am in Cedar Point's Steel Giants
That was extremely awesome! I can't wait to make it up to Cedar Point. Well put together and the timing and music work perfect together.

2015: Apollo's Chariot - Griffon - Alpengeist - Verbolten - Loch Ness Monster - Tempesto - The Hulk - Rip Ride Rockit - The Mummy - Escape from Gringotts
2016: Intimidator 305 Dominator Volcano Grizzly Rebel Yell Anaconda Ricochet
Thanks given by:  SWStevo, TrevorBondi
09/25/16 at 01:29pm in Cedar Point's Steel Giants
I think I literally just fell in love while watching this video! ❤

Get to The Point..... CEDAR POINT!!!
Thanks given by:  TrevorBondi
09/26/16 at 08:44pm in Cedar Point's Steel Giants
I've just seen god and he was in a YouTube video about roller coasters.

Downright gorgeous video Trevor. Bravo.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  TrevorBondi, SWStevo
09/26/16 at 11:30pm in Cedar Point's Steel Giants
Thanks for the kind words, Zachary!

Lightning Rod - Maverick - Fury 325 - Skyrush- Intimidator 305 - Millennium Force - Stormrunner - Apollo's Chariot - Mako - Wild Eagle
09/27/16 at 12:29pm in Cedar Point's Steel Giants
Your ability to portray coasters as the pieces of art that they are is simply amazing. Keep it up, Trev!
Thanks given by:  Connor, TrevorBondi, SWStevo, Jesy
09/27/16 at 01:34pm in Cedar Point's Steel Giants
Has Cedar Point seen it? Seriously...

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  TrevorBondi, SWStevo, strycker
09/27/16 at 03:43pm in Cedar Point's Steel Giants
If not (which is a shame) here's to hoping. Thumbs_up

"Proud son of Old Virginia"
Thanks given by:  SWStevo
09/27/16 at 08:37pm in Cedar Point's Steel Giants
Thanks guys! I actually emailed Tony Clark with a link to the video and a short explanation of, but I haven't received a response yet. Frowning

I'm sure if enough people shared it with the park via social media they'd see it! Winking

09/28/16 at 05:56pm in Cedar Point's Steel Giants
Holy shit, dude. That was incredible. Your timing, movements, angles... everything is perfection. You should seriously be getting paid to do this stuff.

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  SWStevo, TrevorBondi
09/29/16 at 08:01pm in Cedar Point's Steel Giants
^Thanks, Joe! I wouldn't be opposed if I got an offer to work in a park's marketing dept. Winking

Thanks given by:  SWStevo, Joe
09/30/16 at 11:57pm in Cedar Point's Steel Giants
Very well done Trevor. I have never visited Cedar Point and your video makes me really question myself as to why I haven't been there. Way more exciting than any Cedar Fair advertisement that I've ever seen.

Where? Behind the rabbit?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |