ParkFans Logo

Project 2017: Planet Snoopy Expansion & More

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
I can't scare up the slightest drop of enthusiasm right now. So, so disappointed.

Two weeks of teasing, photos of the park's shuttered wooden coaster, and a theatrical announcement for three kiddy rides that every other Cedar Fair park already has?

What the fuck?

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  TrevorBondi, Pretzel Kaiser, MAZ, Hokie305, Matthew, strycker, Luke, CastleOSullivan, Connor, SWStevo
How did this seem like a good idea to anyone in KD's marketing department?

Lightning Rod - Maverick - Fury 325 - Skyrush- Intimidator 305 - Millennium Force - Stormrunner - Apollo's Chariot - Mako - Wild Eagle
Thanks given by:  Joe, Hokie305, CastleOSullivan, SWStevo
*facepalm*

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Hokie305, Pretzel Kaiser, SWStevo
The last page of the Power Point said there's more coming. Dunno if that has anything to do with Hurler or something else.

Project Geauga Lake - Photos! - BGW Crowd Calendar - Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest
Thanks given by:  SWStevo
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've had KD season passes for 8 years now, so next year might be the year I take a year break considering I have to drive 3.5 hours to get to the park. Although I live closer to Carowinds I can never visit that park more than once or twice a year considering it just doesn't do much for me besides the big 3 (Fury, Intimidator, Afterburn). I can drive 4 hours and get Dollywood season passes instead.

This is a fantastic kids addition to the park don't get me wrong, but it's becoming obvious that Cedar Fair is fine with BGW becoming the leading park in the region. 2018 needs to be big for KD for them to remain a regional power. For the park's benefit, I'm hoping SFA gets scrap as usual.

The rides will replace the current Planet Snoopy meet and greet building and Snoopy's Moonbounce. They could have at least kept those and placed these new rides where Shockwave's lifthill/drop were and created a path connecting the Flying Ace area to the Delirium plaza.

This is an example of a marketing department disaster.
Thanks given by:  Joe, SWStevo
Nobody seems like they are happy about it, social media is reacting poorly. The presentation had interviews with kids to seemingly justify this announcement.

I drove from Norfolk and put off other plans for this. I honestly feel tricked because the previous video they posted hinted strongly towards something with Hurler or a coaster. I'm not "I'm cancelling my pass" disappointed, but this does sour my view of KD with how tone deaf they seem to be with the fans who don't have a blog about toddler fashion and the big pharma conspiracy of vaccines.
Thanks given by:  Hokie305, Matthew, MAZ, horsesboy, TrevorBondi, Joe, CastleOSullivan, SWStevo
Honestly, this is more dissapointing than what I originally thought would be the worst case scenario out of this announcement.
Thanks given by:  Hokie305, MAZ, TrevorBondi, CastleOSullivan
This is pretty much exactly what I predicted. I did say they might show up with a flat or two from another park or Europe.

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan
08/20/16 at 12:08pm in Project 2017: Planet Snoopy Expansion & More (Latest Edit: 08/20/16 at 12:09pm by Nicole.)
While I'm not really particularly excited about this announcement either, I think we need to keep in mind that this forum is not the target demographic for this announcement. I think the combination of a Planet Snoopy expansion, the introduction of new Pre-K passes, and free Wi-Fi are fantastic additions for parents of small children. I also wonder if this is an indication that they are about to get their park-wide beverage license. (At least they didn't announce an RMC conversion of Woodstock Express.)

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Zimmy, horsesboy, MAZ, buckler89, SWStevo
08/20/16 at 12:10pm in Project 2017: Planet Snoopy Expansion & More (Latest Edit: 08/20/16 at 12:12pm by horsesboy.)
I was planning to drive up from Williamsburg for the announcement even though I was only going to be able to stay in the park for a few hours. But had a flat tire this morning and decided after dealing with that, that it wasn't worth it. Now I am glad I didn't go this was such a bad idea.

The park was pushinga BIG announcement had I gone up there for this I would feel even more lied to and conned then I do.
Just curious Nicole, how do the things you mentioned indicate park wide adult beverage licensing?

Where? Behind the rabbit?
If the park didn't try to hype this up or have its announcements separate from the others, there wouldn't be as much backlash as they're getting now. There would still be some disappointment, but probably not on the scale they're getting now.

Not only that, but Snoopy got a pretty big expansion not long ago. Not sure why they'd need another so soon.

I do like the free wifi though. Busch needs to start adding free wifi to the rest of the park as well.

Project Geauga Lake - Photos! - BGW Crowd Calendar - Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest
Thanks given by:  Unagi, SWStevo
If the park didn't try to hype this up or have its announcements separate from the others, there wouldn't be as much backlash as they're getting now. There would still be some disappointment, but probably not on the scale they're getting now.

Not only that, but Snoopy got a pretty big expansion not long ago. Not sure why they'd need another so soon.

I do like the free wifi though. Busch needs to start adding free wifi to the rest of the park as well.

EDIT: I'm really surprised the park didn't announce a Christmas event. WTF KD?

(08/20/16 12:13pm)MAZ Wrote:  Just curious Nicole, how do the things you mentioned indicate park wide adult beverage licensing?

For starters, we know they've been trying to get one.

Specifically, most of these announcements looked very reminiscent of Busch Gardens. Once parents have gotten their children into the park for free and the kids are entertained in the newly expanded peanuts area, as we know from BGW, the next step is to grab a beer or a glass of wine.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  MAZ

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |