ParkFans Logo

Six Flags America Closed After Receiving Bomb Threat

Full story.

WTOP News Wrote:County Fire Department spokesman Mark Brady tweeted Wednesday that county fire and police were at the amusement park in Upper Marlboro while the bomb squad investigated. He says members of the squad determined that two suspicious packages were not explosive and that authorities are searching the park.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Connor
Happy 2016
I thought it was interesting in light of conversations we have had about park security in the past.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Shortly after the Boston Marathon bombing I was at BGW and saw an abandoned backpack sitting on a bench in the open. I told a staff member about it and she gave me a dubious look - which I completely understand, but at the same time better safe than sorry. I've never reported any suspicious items before or after that incident and I'm not really one to be on the lookout for it, but I mean... to borrow a phrase:

(07/13/16 05:18pm)James Wrote:  Happy 2016

The Lantern Light.com
Thanks given by:  Zimmy

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |