ParkFans Logo

Flying Cell Phone Blinds El Toro Rider

Get ready for mass pocket policing.

Six Flags Great Adventure is being sued after a cell phone flew into the face of an El Toro rider and blinded him in one eye. Not good at all.

Link

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Connor, Mushroom, Nicole, SWStevo
Hellooooo Universal-like metal detectors.

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Unagi
on El Toro, this is a good thing. Flying objects are a real danger on a ride like this. I look forward to seeing improved safety measures.

Hello, my name is Chris, today is my birthday.

2010 Coaster Count:
Alpengeist: 34 | Apollo's Chariot: 66 | Griffon: 21 | Loch Ness Monster: 26 | Total: 147
Thanks given by:  Nicole, SWStevo
(05/19/16 10:13pm)Zachary Wrote:  Get ready for mass pocket policing.

Six Flags Great Adventure is being sued after a cell phone flew into the face of an El Toro rider and blinded him in one eye. Not good at all.

Link

I went to this park recently....there are lockers for a $1 near some of the rides and there are signs galore and verbal notices about putting things in pockets. Unlike Busch Gardens, there isn't a bag area, hence the lockers.

Someone was probably being stupid and trying to record their ride. This ride isn't as good as Grizzly at KD is.
Thanks given by:  SWStevo
If parks really want to stop loose articles from being a problem, free lockers are the only way. You will always have the cheap-o person that doesn't want to spend $5, $1, or ever $0.25 on a locker and will attempt to bring loose articles on a ride.

Either free lockers or free phanny packs are the answer.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
(08/22/16 09:22am)Shane Wrote:  If parks really want to stop loose articles from being a problem, free lockers are the only way. You will always have the cheap-o person that doesn't want to spend $5, $1, or ever $0.25 on a locker and will attempt to bring loose articles on a ride.

Either free lockers or free phanny packs are the answer.
While I am all for the free locker idea I would also point to my trips to both KD and Six Flags America which have free holding spaces and both of which still have loose article issues as evidence that there will still be problems. Actually the thing that I see that makes the biggest difference has been Busch Gardens policy of allowing go pros and ither approved securely mounted cameras. Face it in this day and age everyone wants video and photos of everything and thinks they should be entitled to it. That is just how the selfy generation is.
The problem with the bins at some Cedar Fair and Six Flags parks is that they are not secure and noone is going to leave their $500+ cellphone in an unsecured bin or cubby in the station. Hence free, secure lockers.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
But they are ok with whipping it out on a high thrill ride only to lose it? The only thing that will ever keep this from happening again, would be to NOT allow stupid people on rides. Good luck with that one amusement industry.

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Its a slippery slope either way you look at the situation and if your park management you'd just have to pick the option that will piss off the least amount of people, in order to avoid all the Bullshit from the ignorant people.

"Proud son of Old Virginia"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |