ParkFans Logo

Spring Crowds?

04/22/16 at 11:46am in Spring Crowds?
Just curious how the park attendance usually is this early in April and May. We are awaiting our first trip, which could possibly be this weekend or next (waiting for the rain to go away). Are the crowds usually light this time of year? I know summer is craziest. I imagine that most kids and parents have all their sports and events to attend in the spring, which probably is less crowds for the park.

2015: Apollo's Chariot - Griffon - Alpengeist - Verbolten - Loch Ness Monster - Tempesto - The Hulk - Rip Ride Rockit - The Mummy - Escape from Gringotts
2016: Intimidator 305 Dominator Volcano Grizzly Rebel Yell Anaconda Ricochet
Thanks given by:  Luke
04/22/16 at 08:33pm in Spring Crowds?
Assuming crowds are similar to Busch crowds in spring, chances are you've got school trips hitting up the park. Its pretty much peak awards season right now so I'm pretty sure Saturdays and Sundays will be full of school kids.

Project Geauga Lake - Photos! - BGW Crowd Calendar - Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest
04/22/16 at 08:38pm in Spring Crowds?
I honestly don't know if I've ever seen school kids at KD on a weekend unless it's a band weekend or something of that sort.

That said, last Saturday crowds were surprisingly heavy. Sundays are probably your best bet right now.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
04/25/16 at 10:44am in Spring Crowds?
(04/22/16 08:38pm)Zachary Wrote:  I honestly don't know if I've ever seen school kids at KD on a weekend unless it's a band weekend or something of that sort.

That said, last Saturday crowds were surprisingly heavy. Sundays are probably your best bet right now.

Thanks for the reply. Since we have an influx of people for the Apple Blossom Festival in town where we live (they literally kick us out of the parking structures), I think we are leaving town Thursday night and hitting the park Friday and Saturday possibly this coming weekend. Last weekend was probably the first nice weekend too at the park, which could have led to the heavier crowds. That said, this weekend is forecast to be pretty nice too. Parents live 1.5 hours from the park, so staying there and heading down Friday morning probably. Maybe stay night there. Have to see.

2015: Apollo's Chariot - Griffon - Alpengeist - Verbolten - Loch Ness Monster - Tempesto - The Hulk - Rip Ride Rockit - The Mummy - Escape from Gringotts
04/25/16 at 11:03am in Spring Crowds?
This Friday is chorus day. Any school with a chorus program will be there competing. Just thought I'd let you know.

Where? Behind the rabbit?
04/25/16 at 11:43am in Spring Crowds?
I think I was there with the choral groups last year? My recollection was that the park was fine in the morning, because they were busy. It did get busier as the day wore on, however.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
04/25/16 at 02:38pm in Spring Crowds?
Well we booked a room for Friday night already at the Country Inn & Suites, and of course, rain in the forecast again now. We will be there Friday and Saturday, but I'm sure it'll be fine. Just want to get there before our 90 deg plus summer days arrive. If it's raining, I'll just go on the White Water Canyon and get it over with. haha

04/28/16 at 09:12am in Spring Crowds?
Well, tomorrow's the big day. After 25 years, I'll be setting foot in the park once again. The last time I was there the Anaconda was brand new, somewhere around 1991 or so. I'll be taking lots of pictures I'm sure. Weather's looking to be a bit cooler and overcast, which is fine by me. I'm genuinely excited to be going again.

Thanks given by:  Connor, Eric, Nicole, MAZ, Luke, Mushroom, netdvn, SWStevo
04/28/16 at 10:35am in Spring Crowds?
I hope the lines are short and you have a great time.

Rollercoaster?,oh, you must be talking about our festa landscaping project!
Thanks given by:  strycker, Luke

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |