ParkFans Logo

The Fannies

04/13/16 at 06:33pm in The Fannies
All this talk about rep has made me think of something. What if there were a system to recognize outstanding achievements in the forum. Every once and a while there is a post that is, basically, a pretty big deal. Things that come to mind are the crowd calendar, excellent reviews, or a park related project. These things get posted all the time. You've seen posts with like a dozen thanks, but what if you could do more.

What if, at the end of the year, there was a way to recognize the most helpful, contributing posts from the entire year? There could be nominations, and voting. I'm not saying that it has to be anything official, but I think it could be a cool way to honor the folks who put a lot of time and effort in around here.

Thoughts?

Hello, my name is Chris, today is my birthday.

2010 Coaster Count:
Alpengeist: 34 | Apollo's Chariot: 66 | Griffon: 21 | Loch Ness Monster: 26 | Total: 147
Thanks given by:  Eric
04/13/16 at 06:38pm in The Fannies
As in Fanny Packs?

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
04/13/16 at 06:40pm in The Fannies (Latest Edit: 04/13/16 at 06:41pm by Fur Dozy.)
Fans+awards that end in "ies"=fannies

so yeah, why not. How about Golden Fannies

Hello, my name is Chris, today is my birthday.

2010 Coaster Count:
Alpengeist: 34 | Apollo's Chariot: 66 | Griffon: 21 | Loch Ness Monster: 26 | Total: 147
04/13/16 at 06:43pm in The Fannies
Upon winning you are awarded a gold plated Fanny Pack to wear to your favorite amusement park! Tongue

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Thanks given by:  Eric, Merboy
04/13/16 at 08:16pm in The Fannies (Latest Edit: 04/13/16 at 08:20pm by Eric.)
I like this idea, one of the categories should be best pusheen post.

Rollercoaster?,oh, you must be talking about our festa landscaping project!
Thanks given by:  Joe, Luke
04/13/16 at 08:22pm in The Fannies
I actually think this is an awesome idea!

Lightning Rod - Maverick - Fury 325 - Skyrush- Intimidator 305 - Millennium Force - Stormrunner - Apollo's Chariot - Mako - Wild Eagle
04/13/16 at 11:04pm in The Fannies
Just let the record reflect that I was not at all serious about this.

04/14/16 at 12:44am in The Fannies
Dude we know or at least I knew.

"Proud son of Old Virginia"
04/14/16 at 07:15am in The Fannies
I just hope no British people read this.
Thanks given by:  TrevorBondi, UncleDuncan
04/14/16 at 09:04am in The Fannies
I'm old fashioned, or twisted, or both but Golden Fannies makes me think of rich people's butts.
Thanks given by:  Luke, Gavin
04/14/16 at 10:46pm in The Fannies
"And the Best Thread By A Drunken Trombonist goes to.... Uncle Duncan!!!!"

APPLAUSE

Well this is a pleasant surprise. I didn't plan on winning so I didn't write a speech. I'd like to thank my publicist and all the hard working people in the Illuminati who got me on the Advisory Board. WE MADE IT!!!!

Puts the Reggae in your Jeggae!
Thanks given by:  Zimmy, Nicole, Merboy, Shane
04/14/16 at 11:12pm in The Fannies
While I might have supported a Fannie for ReggaeInMyJeggae, I'm not fully sold on the UncleDuncan alternative.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Username

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |