ParkFans Logo

Pony Express Crash

10/08/10 at 01:21pm in Pony Express Crash
There was an accident at Knott's Berry Farm recently involving a train collision on their roller coaster Pony Express. Here's the link:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/20...racks.html

It says that the car failed to make it up "an incline" and slammed into a train in the station, leading me to believe there was another KBF launch malfunction. Ten people were injured, but evidently nothing serious.

Google+ | FacebookTwitter
10/08/10 at 01:41pm in Pony Express Crash
Why is this even possible? Doesn't Zamperla have some kind of system to prevent this like Intamin does? Roll-backs are something that should be expected when building a launch coaster...

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
10/08/10 at 01:54pm in Pony Express Crash (Latest Edit: 10/08/10 at 03:16pm by Franco.)
I don't know, it seems puzzling. Anti-rollback devices seem pretty commonplace. Plus, seeing as how this is a family-friendly launch coaster, it seems like safety would seem to be a priority. But this is Knott's, so....

EDIT: Robert Niles of TPI reported that Zamperla does not utilize an anti-rollback mechanism on the ride, which seems crazy for multiple reasons. When Intamin can out-muster you in the safety category then, wow.

Google+ | FacebookTwitter

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |