ParkFans Logo

ParkFans Affiliations

03/11/16 at 11:21am in ParkFans Affiliations (Latest Edit: 03/11/16 at 11:48am by Zachary.)
I was gone for a long time and I missed quite a bit. I can't seem to find what caused the split of PF with the main blog sites. I assume it might have to do with allowing free speech in the forums while trying to build relations with the parks of the blog sites?

What is the current structure?
What was the reasoning behind it?

Hello, my name is Chris, today is my birthday.

2010 Coaster Count:
Alpengeist: 34 | Apollo's Chariot: 66 | Griffon: 21 | Loch Ness Monster: 26 | Total: 147
03/11/16 at 11:47am in ParkFans Affiliations (Latest Edit: 03/11/16 at 11:50am by Nicole.)
I think most of what you need can be found here.

PFN now has three Admins, who run the Forum. They are assisted by the Advisory Panel, which is elected each year. We have four affiliated sites: BGWFans, KDFans, BGTBuzz, and Busch Dominion. The separation gives the affiliates more editorial freedom.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Chris, MAZ
03/11/16 at 02:26pm in ParkFans Affiliations (Latest Edit: 03/11/16 at 10:31pm by Shane.)
The new system really much better supports Zach and my's original vision for ParkFans Network, that it could be a platform for anyone who wanted to talk about their home park no mater where they are located. A centralized and structured theme park forum with almost limitless expansion potential through the addition of new writers. The affiliate program really works a lot better than how we initially attempted to setup KDFans and BGTFans, forcing writers to use our blog platform.

Just wanted to throw my thoughts in there since I wasn't on the panel last year. Smiling

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  MAZ, Chris, Joe, Zachary, CastleOSullivan, Nicole
03/11/16 at 04:55pm in ParkFans Affiliations
^I don't think this is what Shane meant to say, but "song writers" sound like a cool idea!

"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Nicole
03/11/16 at 10:29pm in ParkFans Affiliations (Latest Edit: 03/11/16 at 10:34pm by Gavin.)
Indeed! I don't know if anyone ever notices, but virtually every single one of my posts say, "Last Edit blah blah by Shane," because I always reread it and find some sort of error that I need to fix. Looks like I missed one. Maybe this post will be the exception? Maybe?

I think that was an Apple autocorrect error.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan, Nicole, Zimmy
03/11/16 at 10:49pm in ParkFans Affiliations
Apple autocorrect is my nemesis.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
03/12/16 at 07:33pm in ParkFans Affiliations
Which is why I'm glad I post on my lab-top

"Proud son of Old Virginia"
03/12/16 at 08:52pm in ParkFans Affiliations
I'm never in front of a computer.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |