ParkFans Logo

Universal Studios Japan Slated for First Nintendo Area

03/05/16 at 11:56am in Universal Studios Japan Slated for First Nintendo Area (Latest Edit: 03/05/16 at 11:59am by Nicole.)
Universal Studios Japan will be building a Nintendo themed area. According to an article ReggaeInMyJeggae sent me:

Quote:When Nintendo announced it was granting Universal Studios the rights to some of its properties for theme park rides, it was anyone's guess where they'd show up first. Now we know that they'll debut in the gaming juggernaut's back yard: Japan. Regional news outlet Sankei (Japanese) reports that the attraction is scheduled for completion by 2020, the year Tokyo is slated to host the Olympics.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Zachary, UncleDuncan
About damn time. A Nintendo theme park is long overdue at this point. All 3 parks will def get some big money out of this.

Project Geauga Lake - Photos! - BGW Crowd Calendar - Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest
Thanks given by:  Zachary, UncleDuncan
Time to go to Japan.

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Luke, UncleDuncan
03/05/16 at 11:47pm in Universal Studios Japan Slated for First Nintendo Area (Latest Edit: 03/08/16 at 11:44am by Shane.)
I'm a little disappointed. I don't want to see a half-assed Nintendo Land but an entire park with Lands themed to individual games.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  netdvn
(03/05/16 05:09pm)netdvn Wrote:  About damn time. A Nintendo theme park is long overdue at this point. All 3 parks will def get some big money out of this.

It did always seem weird to me that none of the Japanese parks had anything related to nintendo or anime considering that is the country's biggest economic and recent cultural contributions to the world at large. In fact anime cosplayers at comic con have been increasing in recent years

"Proud son of Old Virginia"
According to Wikipedia:

"Japan is the world's third largest automobile manufacturing country, has the largest electronics goods industry, and is often ranked among the world's most innovative countries leading several measures of global patent filings."

Also:
Top Ten Japanese Companies

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Zimmy
(03/05/16 05:11pm)Thomas Wrote:  Time to go to Japan.
I hope we are next. I want a Super Mario land.

Thanks given by:  Luke
03/07/16 at 03:46am in Universal Studios Japan Slated for First Nintendo Area (Latest Edit: 03/07/16 at 03:54am by The Hessian.)
(03/06/16 07:51pm)Nicole Wrote:  According to Wikipedia:

"Japan is the world's third largest automobile manufacturing country, has the largest electronics goods industry, and is often ranked among the world's most innovative countries leading several measures of global patent filings."

Also:
Top Ten Japanese Companies

And the point of this is because the way its posted seems to be a tastless attempt to be demeaning.

No, it was probably posted to combat blatent, offensive, completely false, cultural stereotyping.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zimmy, Joe

Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser
In its purest sense data is agnostic. It does not care a lick about what a person feels, it just exists. Not all data is made equal some can be validated some can not. In this case the data has a valid source, I hardly see that as insulting.

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  Nicole
(03/06/16 07:43pm)The Hessian Wrote:  
(03/05/16 05:09pm)netdvn Wrote:  About damn time. A Nintendo theme park is long overdue at this point. All 3 parks will def get some big money out of this.

It did always seem weird to me that none of the Japanese parks had anything related to nintendo or anime considering that is the country's biggest economic and recent cultural contributions to the world at large. In fact anime cosplayers at comic con have been increasing in recent years

There is/was a Pokemon theme parks. Other smaller attractions based on more kiddy friendly series like Hello Kitty also exist.
Thanks given by:  Zachary
(03/07/16 12:13pm)Pretzel Kaiser Wrote:  
(03/06/16 07:43pm)The Hessian Wrote:  

There is/was a Pokemon theme parks.  Other smaller attractions based on more kiddy friendly series like Hello Kitty also exist.

Huh did not know that and why does everyone think whenever I post something it has to be insensitive to other cultures my point was that for a product which has become a cultural phenomenon across the globe and particular the US and there hasn't been a step to turn them into theme parks before this is weird. All the while other cultural icons have become attached to theme parks most notable being Holidays in Holiday world, movies at Universal Studious including horror movies at HHN and the entire Disney line at their parks and their rides have even inspired movies.

03/07/16 at 05:29pm in Universal Studios Japan Slated for First Nintendo Area (Latest Edit: 03/07/16 at 05:29pm by Nicole.)
If that is your point, then I suggest you articulate it more clearly. Regardless of what you intend, several of your posts come across as unfounded, unsupported, sweeping generalizations about other countries, nations, and cultures. I can think of three seperate examples off the top of my head.

That said, all I did was post real data. I made no comment about you or your intent. You inferred that on your own.

Thanks given by:  Zimmy

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |