ParkFans Logo

Holiday in the Park Coming to Maryland

02/21/16 at 11:29am in Holiday in the Park Coming to Maryland (Latest Edit: 02/21/16 at 11:34am by Zachary.)
Well, the region just got a lot more interesting during the Christmas season. Also, I seem to have picked the right season to get a Six Flags pass...

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Mushroom, Connor

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  Zimmy, netdvn, Pretzel Kaiser
Now it's time for KD to hop on board.

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  Luke

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan
^That would be KD at this point.

"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
dunno, might look right in Six Flags over BGW

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  Mushroom
SFA war on Christmas confirmed.

A ParkFans Advisor for the people!
Thanks given by:  Zimmy, MAZ, Pretzel Kaiser
Yay! Now the people turned away at capacity CT have somewhere to go...3 hours away.

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Zachary
(02/21/16 11:29am)Zachary Wrote:  Well, the region just got a lot more interesting during the Christmas season. Also, I seem to have picked the right season to get a Six Flags pass...

This Facebook post is no longer available. It may have been removed or the privacy settings of the post may have changed.

What was the post? SFA is getting a worse version of Christmas Town?
02/23/16 at 01:09pm in Holiday in the Park Coming to Maryland (Latest Edit: 02/23/16 at 01:14pm by Zachary.)
Post still seems to be working here. Try this link?

Anyway, yes, Six Flag's Holiday in the Park is coming to Six Flags America.

Something for everyone in this thread to keep in mind: Competition doesn't have to be strictly better to have a serious impact. Busch Gardens Williamsburg has one of (if not) the best Christmas event(s) in the industry. If people in northern Virginia are drawn away from Christmas Town to the new event in their backyard, that's a pretty big deal for BGW and the industry dynamics in the region in general that time of year.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, UncleDuncan, CastleOSullivan, Mushroom, jornor
Nor does it have to be in a safe area!

02/23/16 at 01:21pm in Holiday in the Park Coming to Maryland (Latest Edit: 02/23/16 at 01:28pm by Nicole.)
I think the key question is how many people from Northern Virginia and Maryland does CT draw?  One could easily argue that a similar event at SFA would be very appealing to that demographic.  

I'm not sure if people who live south of Richmond really understand how terrible the drive to BGW is for us up north.  Fighting I95 and I64 for an event that only lasts a few hours is pretty difficult to justify, especially if there is a comparable alternative closer to home.

I'm honestly curious to see if there is an affect on CT attendance.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Zachary, MAZ, UncleDuncan
I really hope there IS an effect on CT attendance. Walking the pathways this year proved grueling pretty much every visit. I will be looking forward to a SFA report on the new event. I can safely say I won't be trying the event out until I read a trip report. Or three.

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zimmy
02/23/16 at 02:55pm in Holiday in the Park Coming to Maryland (Latest Edit: 02/23/16 at 02:56pm by Zimmy.)
In general there is not much at CT that interests me.  Having said that, I have gone and would go just to hang out with my friends and family.  However the crowds past 2 years and particularly this past year have completely turned me off.  I know I am by no means representative of the norm, being somewhat agoraphobic and all, however I agree with MAZ and suspect most people would like some crowd relief.  If KD ever opens a winter holiday event I suspect that would have the biggest impact on BGW's CT, however I certainly could see some fidelity from a SFA Winter event as well.

Thanks given by:  Nicole
I wish Kings Dominion did this.
Thanks given by:  TrevorBondi, Mushroom, netdvn, jornor

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |