ParkFans Logo

What is your favorite water park?

02/17/16 at 04:06pm in What is your favorite water park? (Latest Edit: 02/17/16 at 04:21pm by Nicole.)
The recent comments comparing water parks to other ... um ... places got me thinking about how they really stack up against each other. I quickly realized that I like different parks for different reasons, and my preference is largely dependent on my mood and goals.

I think overall Discovery Cove is my favorite water park, but I'm not sure it is really fair to compare it to a more traditional place like WCUSA, since it is really more of a resort/zoo/beach hybrid.

Pondering regular water parks, I find that I can't really select a number one, but I can narrow them down to my top three. In no particular order:

Aquatica Orlando. The theming is excellent. It is well maintained. I love the cabanas. Walkabout Waters is fantastic.

WCUSA. Who doesn't love the Hubba Hubba Highway? It has some great slides, as well.

Adventure Island. I know this is an unpopular pick, but when I just want to relax, it is a great choice. The lazy river is really long, and the park itself is pretty. They have great cabanas, as well.

As a side note, the Beach Party Cabana at KD's Soak City is the coolest cabana I've ever rented. Also, you couldn't pay me enough money to go back to Splash Country.

Anyway, what are y'all's favorite water parks?

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan, Zachary
02/17/16 at 04:16pm in What is your favorite water park? (Latest Edit: 02/17/16 at 04:18pm by Zachary.)
My pick goes to Splashin' Safari, no contest. I'm a huge ProSlide fan and I think most everyone would agree that Splashin' Safari is the ProSlide capital of the world.

Aquatica Orlando takes 2nd place for me due to its fantastic, compact-yet-beautiful, layout and its great, varied collection of attractions.

Water parks I've visited: Water Country USA, Ocean Breeze Waterpark, Kings Dominion's Soak City, Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom's Hurricane Bay, Holiday World's Splashin' Safari, Dollywood's Splash Country, SeaWorld Orlando's Aquatica, and, if it counts, Great Wolf Lodge Williamsburg's water park.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, CastleOSullivan
02/17/16 at 04:18pm in What is your favorite water park?
I agree with almost 100% of what Nicole said. However, and maybe this does not count, Jungle Falls will always be my favorite. Yes, I recognize it no longer exists, and it is certainly not the best, but it was where my dad would take my sister and me on weekends. It was always a great deal of fun to see dad splash around. Also, who doesn't like questionable foam rafts?

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  Nicole
02/17/16 at 04:20pm in What is your favorite water park?
Jungle Falls totally counts!

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Zimmy
02/17/16 at 05:01pm in What is your favorite water park?
Every SeaWorld/Busch Gardens water park that I have been to seems like a good candidate to me (especially Discovery Cove). In general, I tend to dislike the mostly-minor inconveniences associated with water parks (stairs,heat).

That said I love any park that can separate itself from those boundaries. I would love to try Splashin' Safari, and I just barely missed Dollywood's Splash Country.

"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary
02/17/16 at 06:34pm in What is your favorite water park?
It used to be Water Country be now I don't have any

"Proud son of Old Virginia"
02/17/16 at 11:12pm in What is your favorite water park?
Water parks aren't really my thing but since Zimmy brought it up I'll say Jungle Falls. It's the only one I've ever been to. You just can't forget a giant gorilla.

H.R. Pufnstuff, Who's your friend when things get rough?
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zimmy
02/18/16 at 09:30am in What is your favorite water park?
I don't do water parks. Can I count DarKastle?
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan
02/18/16 at 09:31am in What is your favorite water park?
No.

Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser, Zimmy
02/18/16 at 05:41pm in What is your favorite water park?
For that matter could I count Escape from Pompeii and Roman Rapids cause then those would be my favorites

"Proud son of Old Virginia"
02/18/16 at 05:57pm in What is your favorite water park?
I really would prefer that this thread focus on water parks, not water rides. I appreciate that not everyone enjoys places like WCUSA, but honestly the other 98% of this Forum is already devoted to dry park discussions.

Thanks given by:  MAZ, Matthew, CastleOSullivan, Zimmy
02/18/16 at 06:10pm in What is your favorite water park?
When I was a kid , we went to Summer Waves waterpark on Jekyll island in Georgia and that place was really fun. It gave me my first taste of waterpark fun. The park itself is quite small, and compared to WCUSA by today's standards, would be no contest. But, there is nothing like that first experience and for that reason, there is a special place in my heart for the Jekyll island waterpark.

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zimmy
02/18/16 at 07:53pm in What is your favorite water park? (Latest Edit: 02/18/16 at 07:53pm by Luke.)
I like hubba hubba highway.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:  Connor, Nicole, Matthew
02/18/16 at 08:16pm in What is your favorite water park?
I really enjoyed Aquatica at SWSA. While it was small what was there wasn't that many attractions as the toilet bowl slide complex was closed. Although, were all very enjoyable and I didn't really feel there were any bad slides.. One of my favorites was the bird aviary where you could sit in a half submerged lounge chair and watch the birds fly around.

Of course, I also love WCUSA as it was my home water park for ten years and has a nice selection of slides.

As for Orlando parks I wasn't that impressed with Aquatica down there as I felt it was too crowded and there wasn't enough attractions to handle them. I'll be re-visiting the park this April so hopefully my opinion changes. Typhoon Lagoon on the other hand is visually amazing. Sadly the slides were out-dated and none of them were that remarkable other Crush 'N' Gusher.

While I imagine this doesn't count but I'll be visiting Discovery Cove in March and I imagine that will move it to my top spot from what I've heard. Theme Parks with animals are always a plus in book.

Where is Hummel Boy?
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Jesy, MAZ, Matthew, Zachary
02/18/16 at 08:34pm in What is your favorite water park? (Latest Edit: 02/18/16 at 08:36pm by Nicole.)
I adore Discovery Cove! This trip report is very outdated, and I have been back and like the Freshwater Oasis much more, but if you are interested, it describes my impressions from a few years ago. I should probably provide an update some time.

Thanks given by:  Connor, CastleOSullivan, Zachary

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |