ParkFans Logo

Project 2017

02/09/16 at 03:46pm in Project 2017 (Latest Edit: 02/10/16 at 12:02am by Zachary.)
Seems that Seaworld San Diego is getting a head start on marketing their 2017 attraction also:

So the big question here would be; Dark Ride or Coaster?
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan, Luke
02/09/16 at 03:57pm in Project 2017
Unless plans have changed, it's going to be a dark ride. I doubt the park is going to try to become a roller coaster capitol any time soon, since they have a 30 ft. height restriction on coasters.

I'm more interested in what form it could take. 2017 seems too early for a ride involving live animals. That's all I can think of so far.

"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
Thanks given by:  Zachary
02/09/16 at 04:56pm in Project 2017
crabs?
02/09/16 at 07:11pm in Project 2017
It could be related to the possible theme for the new ride, though I don't know why they would pick crabs but whatever

"Proud son of Old Virginia"
02/16/16 at 06:25pm in Project 2017 (Latest Edit: 02/16/16 at 06:44pm by Connor.)
Project 2017 has been revealed and is named Ocean Explorer and contains a new dark ride, a wave swinger, and aquariums.
SeaWorld San Diego Wrote:Coming 2017 - Ocean Explorer will combine multiple aquariums, exciting rides and digital technologies to engage park guests in an experience centered on exploration and adventure inspiring them to protect the wonders of our oceans.

SeaWorld San Diego Wrote:The heart and destination of Ocean Explorer will be a series of undersea research bases housing specially-designed aquariums and interactive activities displaying unique as well as elusive ocean animals.  
Animal Experiences

The jellies exhibit will consist of hundreds of colorful jellies displayed in oval and round kriesel aquariums. Water flowing along the edges of the aquarium walls will create a gentle current for the jellies to swim safely and freely.  Giant Pacific and tropical octopuses will each live in habitats that will mimic their natural ocean environments. Japanese spider crabs, the world’s largest arthropod, will dwell in a large rocky reef-designed aquarium that guests can enjoy from multiple viewing locations including crawl tubes.
Rides
As adventurers on a global mission of scientific discovery, guests will travel to Ocean Explorer’s remarkable animals aboard submarines, the signature ride of the attraction. Embarking on these mini subs, visitors will become researchers on a mission to collect data and learn how they can help animals. This three-minute experience will include an onboard digital navigation dashboard, as well as a few other surprises along their journey, enhancing the riders’ understanding of the ocean ecosystem.
Ocean Explorer will also feature an exhilarating wave swinger ride where guests will literally fly through thousands of real bubbles in chairs suspended from the tentacles of a giant jelly. Three family-friendly rides will round out the fun of this immersive, new attraction.
Construction Begins 2016
Construction on Ocean Explorer will begin in summer 2016 on a 3-acre site where the Animal Connections exhibit and the Circle of Flags are currently located on the southeast side of the park. This multi-million dollar attraction is scheduled to open in late spring of 2017.

Learn more about the project HERE
Source

SeaWorld San Diego Wrote:NEW ATTRACTION IN SAN DIEGO: 5 WAYS OCEAN EXPLORER WILL INSPIRE YOU TO ACT

FEBRUARY 16, 2016

Coming in 2017

SeaWorld San Diego will unveil a new fun, interactive and educational attraction that is sure to inspire! Ocean Explorer, an experience centered on science, exploration and adventure, will allow guests to make special connections with incredible animals and discover how they help protect our oceans.

The new Ocean Explorer will give guests a variety of different ways to explore these underwater habitats, including:

1. Embarking on submarines, the signature ride of the attraction, you will travel to Ocean Explorer’s remarkable undersea animals as researchers on a mission to learn how to help animals.

2. It will bring you eye-to-eye with amazing animals, some of which have never been seen at the park before.

3. It will mesmerize you with spectacular jellies.

4. And awe you with glimpses of the Giant Pacific and other tropical octopuses living in habitats that mimic their natural ocean environments.

5. It will introduce you to the huge Japanese spider crabs, the world’s largest arthropod.

Ocean Explorer, the “newest, fully immersive attraction at SeaWorld San Diego is the next chapter in creating experiences that matter for our guests,” says Brian Morrow, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment’s vice president of theme park experience design. “Ocean Explorer demonstrates our ongoing commitment to creating new and fresh attractions, exhibits and events that provide the exciting, educational and entertaining experiences SeaWorld is known for.”

The new attraction will feature enriching educational displays and onboard digital educational content to enhance the riders’ understanding of the ocean ecosystem.  Enriching educational displays, technologies and graphics will be key components of Ocean Explorer.

This attraction is scheduled to open in late spring of 2017.
Source

Where is Hummel Boy?
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Mushroom, Zachary, Pretzel Kaiser, CastleOSullivan, netdvn, Jesy
02/16/16 at 06:51pm in Project 2017
This looks like a fantastic addition. Super happy with this.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Connor, Nicole, Pretzel Kaiser, CastleOSullivan, netdvn
02/16/16 at 11:53pm in Project 2017
I retract my earlier statement it looks better than anything we have over here cough "water country" cough.

02/17/16 at 12:12am in Project 2017
* Zachary is very confused.

SeaWorld isn't a water park... This is a dry park addition...

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
02/17/16 at 12:29am in Project 2017
I was just making a general comparison to how much better Sea World is to Water Country

02/17/16 at 07:39am in Project 2017
While on the topic I'd also like to point out how much better Cedar Point is than the Great Wolf Lodge.

Lightning Rod - Maverick - Fury 325 - Skyrush- Intimidator 305 - Millennium Force - Stormrunner - Apollo's Chariot - Mako - Wild Eagle
Thanks given by:  Connor, Thomas, Mushroom, netdvn
02/17/16 at 12:13pm in Project 2017
The Virginia Zoo is better than Go Carts Plus!

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  MAZ
02/17/16 at 12:56pm in Project 2017
Ahh, but Great Wolf Lodge is more fun than Econolodge.

Where? Behind the rabbit?
06/04/17 at 07:12pm in Project 2017
The new area looks nice but Submarine Quest looks really underwhelming!

YouTube Link
Thanks given by:  Mushroom, Nicole, Connor
06/04/17 at 08:06pm in Project 2017
In the park's defense, this is supposed to be baby's first dark ride. I'm fine with it because if kids come off of this excited about the oceans, that's a win.
Thanks given by:  MAZ
06/04/17 at 08:10pm in Project 2017
What the hell was that? A super-short monorail with one tiny reef diorama and an on-board TV monitor? Looks nothing like the original concept for the ride.

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  Unagi, CastleOSullivan, Zachary, netdvn

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |