ParkFans Logo

5 New Flats Rides Coming

02/09/16 at 09:43am in 5 New Flats Rides Coming (Latest Edit: 02/09/16 at 12:16pm by Zachary.)
ScreamScape.com Wrote:(11/10/15) Does Carowinds have another surprise in store for 2016? Based on a photo posted to Carowinds Connection about what was found sitting in a lot near Fury 325, it appears the seat/arms from a Mondial Top Scan ride have been delivered to the park. I've had the pleasure of riding a portable Modial Top Scan and it ranks near the top of the most extreme flat ride experiences I've ever had, so if this really is coming to Carowinds... this is a huge surprise indeed. Anyone know more?
ScreamScape.com Wrote:2016/2017 - Five New Flat Rides - Confirmed - (2/9/16) Back in August I mentioned that Cedar Fair was sending a small team of ride experts from the company on a quest to search through parks and facilities across Europe for possible new flat ride acquisitions. The quest was fruitful, with the group buying a total of 7 flat rides for just $7 million so far, and they intend to go on another search through the Asian marketplace next.

Of the seven new rides purchased and undergoing refurbishment, 5 of them will be going to Carowinds. The list includes a Mondial Top Scan (the pieces of which were already spotted at the park), a Mack Music Express, Huss Breakdance, a Huss Troika and a Zierer Wave Swinger which will likely replace the park’s existing Chance YoYo.

The only thing I’m not sure of at this point in time is if these rides will be put in for 2016, 2017, or if they will just be added to the park one at a time, as they arrive and are ready to be installed. Either way, five new flat rides will make a great and much needed addition to Carowinds, which is a great park that is severely lacking in the full scale flat ride department, despite having a large collection of kiddie sized flats.
Source

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  Connor, Pretzel Kaiser
02/09/16 at 12:19pm in 5 New Flats Rides Coming
I'm super jealous of the Top Scan and the Breakdance. Glad to see a Troika and a real Wave Swinger come to Caro as well.

I wonder where the Chance YoYo is going...

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
02/09/16 at 01:13pm in 5 New Flats Rides Coming
Meanwhile at Kings Dominion...

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser, Eric, Luke
02/09/16 at 01:16pm in 5 New Flats Rides Coming
Joe, I heard that they are specifically looking for a Swartzkopf enterprise too. I think we both know which park that will go into. Wink Wink, nudge nudge.

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Joe
02/14/16 at 03:06pm in 5 New Flats Rides Coming
Carowinds needs those flats far more than KD does. Winds flat selection is pretty lackluster. The enterprise and sky tower are pretty much the only significant flats in the whole park lol.

Project Geauga Lake - Photos! - BGW Crowd Calendar - Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest
Thanks given by:  Joe
02/16/16 at 05:30pm in 5 New Flats Rides Coming
I do find it interesting that they are searching for these rides used. You can still buy a new Top Scan, Wave Swinger, Enterprise etc. It is definitely more budget friendly for sure though.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
02/16/16 at 11:50pm in 5 New Flats Rides Coming
Nostalgia factor maybe?

"Proud son of Old Virginia"
02/17/16 at 02:15am in 5 New Flats Rides Coming
One of their engineers said he preferred the older variants because of build quality.

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Shane, Jesy

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |