ParkFans Logo

VR Coaster at KD?

02/03/16 at 08:49am in VR Coaster at KD? (Latest Edit: 02/03/16 at 11:50am by Pretzel Kaiser.)
I've seen news recently of CF wanting to covert some coasters to VR coasters.  If one came to KD, which one would be the best for a conversion?

For some clarification a VR coaster is just a coaster where you ride a coaster while wearing a headset that's projecting a virtual world while riding.

My initial thought would be FoF first, given the theme and how compact the coaster is.  They could do some cool things with the alien theme.  My next thought would be Avalanche since it's a smaller coaster and the view from it really isn't that nice.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, SWStevo
02/03/16 at 10:37am in VR Coaster at KD?
While I am sure that it won't be I would love to see Dominator as one. I love the motion and movement of the ride but I always feel like I am just riding over a empty parking lot.
Thanks given by:  Connor, SWStevo
02/03/16 at 11:47am in VR Coaster at KD?
This isn't probably the best coaster to do it on but could you imagine I305 with VR? With all that speed and g-forces you'd probably be able to do something magical. If I was talking realistically I see it going to FOF or Backlot Stunt Coaster as there lap-bar only and fairly smooth. Dominator would definitely be interesting candiate as the scenery is very bland. Hopefully in 2016 we'll at least get VR at KD. Tongue

Where is Hummel Boy?
Thanks given by:  SWStevo
02/03/16 at 03:28pm in VR Coaster at KD?
Do you really want to be wearing a bulky headset at those forces? I also wouldn't think that would be a good fit because it's over super quickly and the coaster already puts a lot of strain on the trains as it is.
02/04/16 at 01:33am in VR Coaster at KD?
all I want from I-305 is no line and the back seat. Many, many times.

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  SWStevo, John, TrevorBondi
02/04/16 at 11:06am in VR Coaster at KD?
My first guess would be FoF or Backlot, but now that you mention Dominator, that would be the best.

Get to The Point..... CEDAR POINT!!!
02/04/16 at 01:10pm in VR Coaster at KD?
I honestly am not thrilled about having to wear a helmet while riding a coaster. For get the germs, extra heat, and discomfort, I like to look out while I am riding.

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  SWStevo, MAZ, John
02/04/16 at 01:15pm in VR Coaster at KD?
Considering there is not much to look at on most of the coasters mentioned so far, I think Kings Dominion and those rides are better candidates.

"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
02/04/16 at 01:21pm in VR Coaster at KD?
(02/04/16 01:10pm)Zimmy Wrote:  I honestly am not thrilled about having to wear a helmet while riding a coaster.  For get the germs, extra heat, and discomfort, I like to look out while I am riding.

The VR is optional.
Thanks given by:  SWStevo
02/04/16 at 01:43pm in VR Coaster at KD? (Latest Edit: 02/04/16 at 01:45pm by SWStevo.)
(02/04/16 01:21pm)Pretzel Kaiser Wrote:  
(02/04/16 01:10pm)Zimmy Wrote:  I honestly am not thrilled about having to wear a helmet while riding a coaster.  For get the germs, extra heat, and discomfort, I like to look out while I am riding.

The VR is optional.

That will be kind of funny. The more I think about VR on a coaster, the more I don't like it. It sounds more and more pointless. I want to go up 100? 200? 300??? Feet and not experience my thrilling fear of heights because I am too busy watching a movie. Maybe if it's indoor, but nothing at KD to me needs VR, but I feel FoF could work the best if they had to.

Edit: Just wanted to add... what about Rebel Yell with VR? Laughing

Get to The Point..... CEDAR POINT!!!
02/04/16 at 02:29pm in VR Coaster at KD?
Don't sully Rebel Yell with a VR gimmick!

Since there is so much light in the FoF building now, that seems like a good candidate to me.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Mushroom, Zimmy, SWStevo
02/05/16 at 01:11am in VR Coaster at KD?
God, I hope not.
Thanks given by:  Mushroom, SWStevo
04/29/16 at 09:55am in VR Coaster at KD?
Since the thread has been dead for awhile I thought I would throw out an idea. They are doing Major Renovations to the Hurler right? First Vr woodie? God hope not

Happiness is having another large, loving, close-knit family in another city.
~George Burns
04/29/16 at 10:23am in VR Coaster at KD?
This would be a cool idea if it was still Wayne's World. However, since the work for a VR coaster is all on the train side, I kind of doubt it.
05/01/16 at 10:11pm in VR Coaster at KD?
I vote for a ride through the old monorail trail with the Safari while riding i305. Now that would be something.

2015: Apollo's Chariot - Griffon - Alpengeist - Verbolten - Loch Ness Monster - Tempesto - The Hulk - Rip Ride Rockit - The Mummy - Escape from Gringotts
2016: Intimidator 305 Dominator Volcano Grizzly Rebel Yell Anaconda Ricochet

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |