ParkFans Logo

Best Non-Coaster in the Park

01/31/16 at 06:36pm in Best Non-Coaster in the Park
Since we discussed the best rides besides roller coasters at BGW, I thought it would be interestingly to ask the same question about KD. So, what is your favorite "non-coaster" at the park?

I thought about this for a while. I think the carousel is my favorite. I can't even explain why, but I make a point of riding carousels everywhere I go. KD's is charming and I love that they refurbished part of it.

What about y'all?

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Matthew, Joe
01/31/16 at 06:39pm in Best Non-Coaster in the Park
I'm not going to lie, the flat selection at KD is meh. I always try to do Boo Blasters and Bad Apple, though.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Matthew
01/31/16 at 06:39pm in Best Non-Coaster in the Park (Latest Edit: 01/31/16 at 06:41pm by Zachary.)
Best non-coaster ride is Boo Blasters on Boo Hill. No contest. I love Sally darkrides and Boo Blasters is a surprisingly good one.

As for flat rides, Bad Apple is my favorite. I love every Huss Troika I've ever ridden and though KD's may not be the best (spoiler: it's, sadly, not), it is a great ride nonetheless.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Matthew, Joe
01/31/16 at 06:42pm in Best Non-Coaster in the Park
I wonder if Delirium will change people's answers, once it opens? It could be a lot of fun.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Pretzel Kaiser, Joe, jornor
01/31/16 at 06:42pm in Best Non-Coaster in the Park (Latest Edit: 01/31/16 at 06:48pm by Matthew.)
Boo Blasters on Boo Hill is definitely mine. I think it's a great little dark ride. Not only that, but the theming level stays somewhat consistent from the point you walk in the ride's queue until you leave it. The fact it's a Sally Dark Ride makes it very re-rideable also.

Bad Apple would probably be my second place. It's a fun flat, and I definitely prefer fun small flats over the large ones that are typically overrated. The only thing about Bad Apple is on hot days, the seats get extremely uncomfortable and so does the queue, it's all exposed to the sun.
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Nicole, Joe
01/31/16 at 07:06pm in Best Non-Coaster in the Park
Clearly not a popular opinion but like most dark rides, Boo Blasters bores the crap out of me. My favorite non-coaster at KD used to be the Apple Turnover. Sadly it was removed. Today I suppose my favorite would have to be Bad Apple.

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  Unagi, jornor
01/31/16 at 08:44pm in Best Non-Coaster in the Park
My fav is the berserker. I'm a pro.

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Joe
01/31/16 at 08:58pm in Best Non-Coaster in the Park
You are either brave, tough, or crazy.

Thanks given by:  MAZ
01/31/16 at 09:01pm in Best Non-Coaster in the Park (Latest Edit: 01/31/16 at 10:43pm by Joe.)
I echo what others have said. Boo Blasters on Boo Hill is by far my favorite non-coaster. It's chock full of theming, and I'm a sucker for interactive rides. Bad Apple is definitely my favorite flat, as well. It really gives you that swooping feeling in your belly.

There are also a few other contenders. Shenandoah Lumber Co. and Blue Ridge Tollway are just so relaxing, so I'll give them honorable mentions.

And this might be an unpopular opinion, but The Crypt is also one of my favorites. It is thematically beautiful, and it has enough special effects to make it fun even if you don't ride.

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary, John, jornor
01/31/16 at 09:47pm in Best Non-Coaster in the Park
The car ride home.

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  John, Matthew
02/01/16 at 08:21pm in Best Non-Coaster in the Park
Flying Eagles anyone? Love these rides, and it's placement on the water is a nice little corner of beauty in the park others tend to overlook.
Thanks given by:  Joe, Zachary
02/01/16 at 08:34pm in Best Non-Coaster in the Park
Can't believe no one has said White Water Canyon. I love water rides and it happens to be one of the better ones for a regional park.

As a side note while I have never riden it I have to say I ndo like the look of the carousel a lot. One thing that has always struck me is how much more natural the horses on KD's one are compare to others. I find a lot of the to have almost cartoonish ones.
Thanks given by:  MAZ, Joe, Zachary, Unagi, jornor
02/01/16 at 10:11pm in Best Non-Coaster in the Park
25 years ago, I would have voted WWC as my favorite non coaster ride, but driving home in soggy street clothes is no longer in my top 10.

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary, Unagi, jornor
02/02/16 at 12:42pm in Best Non-Coaster in the Park
(02/01/16 08:34pm)horsesboy Wrote:  As a side note while I have never riden it I have to say I ndo like the look of the carousel a lot.  One thing that has always struck me is how much more natural the horses on KD's one are compare to others.  I find a lot of the to have almost cartoonish ones.

That carousel is quiet old and all the horses were hand made. It dates back to the early 20th century I believe.

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  horsesboy, Jesy
02/02/16 at 06:17pm in Best Non-Coaster in the Park
(02/02/16 12:42pm)Zimmy Wrote:  
(02/01/16 08:34pm)horsesboy Wrote:  As a side note while I have never riden it I have to say I ndo like the look of the carousel a lot.  One thing that has always struck me is how much more natural the horses on KD's one are compare to others.  I find a lot of the to have almost cartoonish ones.

That carousel is quiet old and all the horses were hand made.  It dates back to the early 20th century I believe.
I believe it looking at them I can tell that someone with alot of talent made them. And also someone who studied his subject. Their position is one that much more closely depicts the natural horse movement then say BGW's does. I know I might be one of only 5 people who care about it put still its just truly is a work of art in addition to a ride.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zimmy, Joe, Jesy, jornor

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |