ParkFans Logo

Sky Tower Stuck

12/22/15 at 04:33am in Sky Tower Stuck (Latest Edit: 12/22/15 at 05:35pm by Nicole.)
If you missed it a power failure at the park left guest syuck on the sky tower for hours yesterday.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/29/us/san-die...index.html
Thanks given by:  UncleDuncan
12/22/15 at 11:03am in Sky Tower Stuck
As a San Diego native, I can assure you this is not really news.

A ParkFans Advisor for the people!
Thanks given by:  Youhow2
12/22/15 at 11:42am in Sky Tower Stuck
(12/22/15 11:03am)ReggaeInMyJeggae Wrote:  As a San Diego native, I can assure you this is not really news.
So has it happened before? If so how often? I caught the story on the national TV news at 6 and they made it sound unprecedented but I guess it was a slow news day.
12/22/15 at 11:44am in Sky Tower Stuck
Well... To give you an idea. You saw the news cast, but the article you linked to is a year old (read: these are two different instances of the same story because it happens all the time). So, it's not that rare.

A ParkFans Advisor for the people!
Thanks given by:  horsesboy
12/22/15 at 04:48pm in Sky Tower Stuck
(12/22/15 11:44am)ReggaeInMyJeggae Wrote:  Well... To give you an idea. You saw the news cast, but the article you linked to is a year old (read: these are two different instances of the same story because it happens all the time). So, it's not that rare.
Didn't even notice that I just Google searched for a link. I would have thoughto that if it was that common they would have a backup system of some sorts.
12/26/15 at 03:29pm in Sky Tower Stuck
Wish I got stuck on Sky Tower. Instead I got stuck on Antarctica. Sky Tower was closed both days I was at the park.

Project Geauga Lake - Photos! - BGW Crowd Calendar - Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest
12/26/15 at 07:47pm in Sky Tower Stuck (Latest Edit: 12/26/15 at 07:47pm by CastleOSullivan.)
^I would love to discuss being stuck on Antarctica. That also sounds like a cool experience, even if only for five minutes. Sky Tower is one of my favorite things to do at SeaWorld. Although I often overlook it for animal experiences and bigger thrills.

Maybe it's obvious, but I find it both funny an infuriating that CNN jumped at the chance to report this. I already thought their vendetta against SeaWorld was agonizingly obvious, but this attempt at bad PR is just sad. It seems like all tower based rides are good targets for this type of a desperate headline. There are too many factors to trigger safety systems.

"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Joe
12/27/15 at 08:12pm in Sky Tower Stuck
We just sat in the same spot for ten minutes. They opened the doors to the penguin exhibit and we slowly rolled around to the exit. No audio, no lights on, one announcement.

At least with Tower you get a nice view.

Project Geauga Lake - Photos! - BGW Crowd Calendar - Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |